Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

What's wrong with our Democracy

Oddly, ARRSE has suggested I posted on this page recently!

Our democracy? What democracy? there is no such thing as democracy in this country Its just made to look democratic.

Are you still alive Brasso guzzler? Would you like to explain what you mean? Or anyone else?

My personal view is that the political classes have become distanced from everyday life - this is the real problem with our political system.

Oddly, ARRSE has suggested I posted on this page recently!

Are you still alive Brasso guzzler? Would you like to explain what you mean? Or anyone else?

My personal view is that the political classes have become distanced from everyday life - this is the real problem with our political system.

You may be in for a long wait:

boozeguzzler.JPG

Democracy is just one of many politicapoliticas. In essence that format is a dictate of majority over minority. Democracy fundamentaly does not promise equality or fairness. Only majority rule over minority. Minority is always loosing in democracy.

The content is even more complex than formats. You ask for "democracy" but you mean "fairness". There is one good saying -"tops always seek power, botoms always seek fairness". In Britain public also seek power ... over other nations. Public was currupted by idea of national superiority, so fairness and ways it could be achieved in public life is so far away from british psyco, the current soul searching has a long way to go. First Brits needs to humble themselves into equality with other nations, then call for fairness of own state through equality with own elite and own minorities. And I do not mean gays this time around.

Democracy is just one of many politicapoliticas. In essence that format is a dictate of majority over minority. Democracy fundamentaly does not promise equality or fairness. Only majority rule over minority. Minority is always loosing in democracy.

The content is even more complex than formats. You ask for "democracy" but you mean "fairness". There is one good saying -"tops always seek power, botoms always seek fairness". In Britain public also seek power ... over other nations. Public was currupted by idea of national superiority, so fairness and ways it could be achieved in public life is so far away from british psyco, the current soul searching has a long way to go. First Brits needs to humble themselves into equality with other nations, then call for fairness of own state through equality with own elite and own minorities. And I do not mean gays this time around.

Welcome back. I was thinking you'd been sent to the gulags for failing to defend Russian policy towards Ukraine four years ago.

That is why you have the rule of law. The law protects people by limiting the power of authorities, corporations, and other individuals. In the UK, one key concept is Wednesbury Unreasonableness. Google it!

I think it should be made clear that in terms of democracy, 'majority' means majority opinion, not groups who are the majority. Similarly with 'minority'.

It is not the majority group who hold power of decision but the majority opinion of the whole electorate, with the votes of individuals in majority and minority groups having equal weight.

The British public are not corrupted by the idea of national superiority, we are superior.

Not just in Britain, quick glance round Europe will reveal a similar problem in several countries, and we needn't get started on the other side of the Pond.

Anette again? Just what the world requires.

Another tag team of Russian trolls filling up bandwidth with lies and bullshit in the service of a war criminal and mafia leader.

No MP is elected by a majority of their constituents, ie. 50% +1. The majority of people who vote, vote not for the candidate who gets elected.
Only one comes close.

Arrse's favourite MP Diane Abbot, with 49.69% of eligible voters in her constituency. Turnout was 66.2%

Or 75.1% of Turnout and a majority 35,139

The majority of constituents do not vote.

Quite patently not true in Hackney North & Stoke Newington with it's 66.2% turnout. And probably not true of a good few other constituencies too.

Perhaps we should only allow MPs from those constituencies that turn out 50% +1 of the registered electors to enter parliament or form governments? If the buggers don't make the effort to take part, then sod 'em. Could cut the wages and expenses bill if the HoC had only 100 or so members!

Source: Rt Hon Diane Abbott MP

Last edited:
Only one comes close.

Arrse's favourite MP Diane Abbot, with 49.69% of eligible voters in her constituency. Turnout was 66.2%

Or 75.1% of Turnout and a majority

Quite patently not true in Hackney North & Stoke Newington with it's 66.2% turnout. And probably not true of a good few other constituencies too.

Perhaps we should only allow MPs from those constituencies that turn out 50% +1 of the registered electors to enter parliament or form governments? If the buggers don't make the effort to take part, then sod 'em. Could cut the wages and expenses bill if the HoC had only 100 or so members!

To be honest, I'd forgotten I'd created this thread and I've certainly forgotten any content I've posted.

While I'm still vaguely interested in democracy, I now lack the ability to construct or defend arguments; I simply cannot think in sufficient depth about anything. I'm only able to respond to certain points when triggered.

I hope I've made a reasoned, coherent argument about whatever my point was, even if there are some factual inaccuracies.

Only one comes close.

Or 75.1% of Turnout and a majority 35,139

Wait a moment, you've given as your source the Rt. Hon. Diane Abbott.
Have you noticed her numeracy abilities ?

Now, now Cuts. Stop winding up the white folks. You know this one has form for wigging out and going all weepy when you bloody Zulus pick on him.