Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Critically ill man 'former Russian spy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ought not to drive around in just your thong.....
Perv!
Anyhow.....Reportes eh?
This morning it kicks off with the reporter in the rear seat of what may have been some MPV, very secretive and all that. Muted tones " This retired scientist( who worked allegedly on Russion chem warfare stuff) has asked us specifically not to come to his house...quite understandable bla bla. We are off to meet him at pre arranged place"
Bla bla. Q the Pink Panther theme.
And so they did. On a flippin' beach in full view, in broad daylight as blatantly as you like. No smudge faces or voice masking,who then confirmed he was "in the right place at the right time"...and assured everyone our two victims will expire when taken off life support..."they will not survive" according to him.
Oh dear. He ain't going to be popular.
Him? Or have I blown his 'cover'? 'Russia's novichok programme exists, I worked on it,' scientist tells Sky News

Good man. Thats the very fellow.
It's such an utterly stupid thing to do......is there a whiff of Kremlin sponsored wind up....eg see how our shit is so lethal? The guy is a scientist ffs. Or was.....
:) Bizarre tbh. ‘I don’t want to be picked up outside my house but you can film me on the beach next to a landmark and this is my name and this is what I did up to ‘93 i.e. after the fall of the Soviet Union’

:) Bizarre tbh. ‘I don’t want to be picked up outside my house but you can film me on the beach next to a landmark and this is my name and this is what I did up to ‘93 i.e. after the fall of the Soviet Union’

Possibly a case of "The government knows/can find out easily enough anyway, but I don't want my neighbours to know"

What exactly are the long term effects of a nerve gassing on the human body?

Suggest you ask this goat. Controversial US Army training film 1964. WARNING - Do not watch if you are a snowflake, vegi,vegan, hunt sab, animal wights activist, nervous disposition and Jeremy Corbin.

Off the top of my head, without looking anything up I would imagine permanent, widespread neurological damage (both to the central and peripheral nervous systems). If the Skripals aren’t in an induced coma then I think their current state probably answers your question.

The alleged former scientist in the Sky News piece had, according to the report, accidentally contaminated himself with the agent.

And he's still alive & kicking umpteen years later.
Now, call me cynical, but if I were a state government investing in nerve agent research and production, I'd be expecting the boffins to produce something that would actually kill large quantities of enemy very quickly, not something that the same boffin can be exposed to and still yack about it in his retirement?

This alleged agent hasn't, so far as we've been told, killed anyone yet, almost a month after being used.
It cannot be, by definition, a military grade nerve agent, because so far it's failed all the requirements for such.

More concerning, perhaps, is how it got into UK, or, worse, if it was manufactured here by hostile intelligence services?
Either way, Amber Rudd's empire seems to have failed miserably, again, in protecting Britain's borders.
Why is she still in office?

This alleged agent hasn't, so far as we've been told, killed anyone yet, almost a month after being used.

It cannot be, by definition, a military grade nerve agent, because so far it's failed all the requirements for such
Based on the Court report, they in all likelihood would be dead if not treated so quickly and in a hospital: The Secretary of State for the Home Department v Skripal [2018] EWCOP 6 (22 March 2018)
e) It is not possible to say when or to what extent Mr or Ms Skripal may regain capacity.

f) Both are currently in a physically stable condition which is not expected to change in the immediate or near future.

g) They are both being treated on the basis that they would wish to be kept alive and to achieve optimal recovery and the treatment currently being given is aimed to achieve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.