Critically ill man 'former Russian spy'

Paranoia is not really our default setting. Mostly, science based logic and analysis. Only when we get to rustling the Telegraph and harrumphing do we revert to the anti intellectual default setting of the ceorl.

Anyway, what do you understand by the term :"freedom?"

I ask you this because in an earlier post, you implied, and quite rightly, that this word can have many interpretations..

So what is your interpretation.?
I think the poem by S.O. Baldrick may accurately reflect Foxies feeling with regard to freedom.

I think the poem by S.O. Baldrick may accurately reflect Foxies feeling with regard to freedom.
The ‘Boom’ one?

Grey Fox

On ROPS
On ROPs
Who said anything about ‘hiding in every shadow’ in the Skripal and Litvinenko cases we know where the murderers are! They’re in Russia.
Knowledge without proves means faith. You believe in the stupid and unproffesional Russian murders only because of your films about James Bond.
But I'm not Michael (whatever anybody said) "from your eyes the film removed to nobler sights".

"Freedom, generally, is having an ability to act or change without constraint. "
So, it consist from two main parts - presens of abilities and the lack of constraint.
'Freedom from' and 'freedom for' (AKA 'external freedom' and 'internal freedom') . 'Freedom for' usually means 'responsibility' and 'duty'.

And yes, interpreting freedom as the multiplication and rapid satisfaction of desires, men distort their own nature, for many senseless and foolish desires and habits and ridiculous fancies are fostered in them. Such 'freedom' means 'slavery'.
Does anyone know what this says in English?

"Freedom, generally, is having an ability to act or change without constraint. "
So, it consist from two main parts - presens of abilities and the lack of constraint.
'Freedom from' and 'freedom for' (AKA 'external freedom' and 'internal freedom') . 'Freedom for' usually means 'responsibility' and 'duty'.

And yes, interpreting freedom as the multiplication and rapid satisfaction of desires, men distort their own nature, for many senseless and foolish desires and habits and ridiculous fancies are fostered in them. Such 'freedom' means 'slavery'.
Freedom from would be the original Soviet idea of lack of want, ie free gas, electricity in those times. Enough food and so on. Freedom for would be a loosely defined civic duty where you behave with responsibility and honour as defined by your civil society.
I agree with these things.

I do not agree with the apparent intent to cross the lines of personal and collective responsibility as displayed by your government over the years in terms of murder. More categorically and specifically and for a great swathe of the British people, the crossing of the line when a kill is ordered in our country and intentionally garnered to attract publicity on our land, is a step too far.

Pass it on. Also it makes no difference as to what Mrs. May does. She is at our instruction. I am pretty sure she realises that.

By the way, free gas and electricity was a good idea in Soviet times. Do you still have it or do you have to pay now?

I won't ask you about the freedom issue again. That was a sound answer.

Yeah, that explains why this from .36hrs ago.. We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph ,isn't really making the global headlines....

While this from 12hrs ago....

How 'Putin's spy agency' hit squad carried out Novichok mission | Daily Mail Online

....Is still being pushed , despite being branded nothing more than wishful-thinking 2 days ago.

The papers aren't doing this on purpose to further purview?

Milking it now before they're told to rein it in a bit.

Who knows they could convince someone not paying close attention that there was definite evidence vs Ru.

Just as this little-charm said back in March '18.

'
The papers are doing it to sell copies and get greater number of clicks on the online sites.

That’s it....

HopeGrant

On ROPS
On ROPs
Knowledge without proves means faith. You believe in the stupid and unproffesional Russian murders only because of your films about James Bond.
But I'm not Michael (whatever anybody said) "from your eyes the film removed to nobler sights".
In both the Litvinenko and Skripal cases the physical and circumstantial evidence ( and the means, motive and opportunity) points to Russian guilt. In the former case there was even a radioactive trail all the way back to Moscow!

Clearly you watch more James Bond than I ever have ir is it the krokodil talking again?

Every soldier (and not only them) is a professional murder.
How stupid is that? I know you have no RoE’s and know nothing of the LOAC, but that is a stupid, even for you, statement.

And what do British soldiers? Only dancing at Buckingham Palace?
Their ‘dancing’ is better than the ‘prancing’ your lot do across the Red Square and near Lenin

British soldiers deploy on active service within the framework of a legitimate chain of command bound by ROE and subject to the LOAC. What do your peasant conscripts do?
Murder, rape and genocide generally! Only things they tend to be marginally good at (the rape depends on the level of "distiller's droop" though)!

I think what Gay Fox means when he said Russian soldiers poisoned the Skripals etc it was the GRU (military intelligence) that did it
He/she could have saved a lot of time and effort by coming clean about it in the first place but then Russian freedom allows for troll factory staff to be "disappeared" or to have an accident for not following the party line.