Critically ill man 'former Russian spy'

Whilst it is highly probable that there was involvement by the Russian Govt, it still seems rather amatuerish that this highly toxic substance was placed into a 'perfume bottle' and then discarded in a place where it was probable it would quickly be discovered.
The only scenario I can come up with, is that it was deliberate and was meant to confuse the investigation by contaminating someone totally unconnected with the first case.
It's all becoming quite amusing on this forum, watching both sides of the argument running around with thier hair on fire trying to prove they are right and the other side is wrong. This sorry saga is going to run and run on here even while the public have mostly lost interest as they soon do, keep it up though people it's kept me going through a dull nightshift.............
The Russians have got form for being amateurish and leaving highly toxic substances around. Anyone familiar with the Litvinenko murder will know this. Some of the details have been mentioned several times already in this thread.

When nerve agent is being smeared on someone's front door the idea that the assassin has got some regard for the lives of people other than the target for assassination is laughable. Nick Bailey was a victim too and he had nothing to do with the Russians.

What's more interesting is why the bottle was discarded in that particular area and not somewhere closer or further away from the Skripal's house. If the assassin thought that there was a risk of becoming contaminated themselves then they'd want to get rid of the bottle quickly.

There is the town path that runs south from Salisbury to Harnham that starts at the QE gardens. Perhaps the planned route was to walk in that direction rather than use the roads and risk being picked up on camera.

Last edited:
Whilst it is highly probable that there was involvement by the Russian Govt, it still seems rather amatuerish that this highly toxic substance was placed into a 'perfume bottle' and then discarded in a place where it was probable it would quickly be discovered.
A good unobtrusive way to camouflage it and if under 100ml it could go through as hand luggage ensuring they kept control over it.

If the intention was to have it found quickly then they failed. It was only due t the back luck of one person that it was found. It was probably thrown out the window of a moving car.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Is this a spray bottle? What a perfect applicator for the Skripals' door.

Dior to door service.

Last edited:
Oh is there? That's a shame.

Let's get cracking with your assumptions about Russia pulling this amateur, stupid stroke, shall we?

What's your best, sooper-dooper evidence/proof/fact that points all of this straight to the Kremlin.

What 'evidence/proof/fact have you been witness to that I seem to have missed?
Perhaps because Russia has previous for amateur ,stupid strokes? MH17, the horrible mess left behind after Litvinenko, etc.

Because the target victim was Russian.
The weapon was Russian.

The collateral victims were with the exception of the targets daughter, British.

Just how does any of that point towards a British plot to exotically murder one of its own ex employees, with enormous collateral cost to the government in cleaning up Salisbury, let alone risking the collateral murder of its own citizens...
Oh yes .
I see, that is a projection onto the UK of EXACTLY what Russia does!
Russian apartment bombings - Wikipedia

How unusual. A troll who thinks the rest of the world is as depraved as Russia.

"Really grateful" is how many euros?

@Grey Fox Unlike you, I am not posting on this thread for money. And even if I was in the slightest bit interested in taking money from lying, bribing trolls, I would at least expect them to know that in the UK we use the pound sterling and not the euro.

@184461 You said "Sack the script writer. " What made me laugh was the fact that you may have inadvertently posted your thoughts about the people feeding you your lines.

@184461 and @Grey Fox. Neither of you have answered by questions about The Guardian's article about Russian trolls, disinformation etc. I would be really grateful for your answers (but no attempted bribes, please)

She OD'd on bad Class A's.
She had been in and out of hospital for years for self-destructive actions...
An early death was just waiting to happen for her, unfortunately.

Lack of empathy?
Get over yourself, Shirley.
Where is your evidence she OD'd? you demand evidence from others yet never post any of your own to back up your own BS

And what about evidence & proof & facts that point directly to anyone but Martians?
Two Russian citizens were poisoned on the British soil near British chemical labs and NRBC-training facility and British official say, that they know nothing.
What Russians should to think?
Yes, lets talk about the evidence and facts.
Why are you keeping silent about the interviews in Russia over the last nine days to establish if your countrymen(s) versions of events will tally with any fingerprints or DNA left on the container found by the British police.

I'm left wondering whether you dont have a clue what you are talking about, or are just telling lies?

IF you knew ehat has been happening in Russia in the last nine days and wanted to discuss this situation honestly you would have an awful lot of evidence to discuss.

Not too far back in this very thread Grey Fox made a big issue of Britsh forces using interpreters with foreign nationals and thus perhaps leading to getting duff info and not seeing the real picture of a situation.
Imho he was mocking the idea and saying it was a stupid thing to do

Grey Fox, later today your president Putin will meet with president Trump and Putin will only have one interpreter to tell him what Trump has said.

Perhaps you think Putin is stupid to do this, why not tell us ;)

@Grey Fox

You will remember that you recently said that Putin would bomb Porton Down and the territories occupied by th May regime soon.

You will remember that I questioned you about that, and that you stuck with your idea that it would happen soon.
As I see that you are incorrect about what you say on a regular basis I decided to ask someone who was likely to know a lot more about this subject than you. I told you I would ask someone else at the time.

I dropped an email to the Russian Embassy at Kensington Palace Grdens in London and told them of you and your theory.

It may or may not surprise you to learn they disagree with what you said.
Now, the question for you is:

Are you wrong/telling lies
Or
Are the Russian embassy wrong/telling lies?

I would really appreciate your answer on that?
Of course, if you fail to answer I think it's fair to assume that you were telling lies and have been caught out!

@Grey Fox

You will remember that you recently said that Putin would bomb Porton Down and the territories occupied by th May regime soon.

You will remember that I questioned you about that, and that you stuck with your idea that it would happen soon.
As I see that you are incorrect about what you say on a regular basis I decided to ask someone who was likely to know a lot more about this subject than you. I told you I would ask someone else at the time.

I dropped an email to the Russian Embassy at Kensington Palace Grdens in London and told them of you and your theory.

It may or may not surprise you to learn they disagree with what you said.
Now, the question for you is:

Are you wrong/telling lies
Or
Are the Russian embassy wrong/telling lies?

I would really appreciate your answer on that?
Of course, if you fail to answer I think it's fair to assume that you were telling lies and have been caught out!
Yet again.

Is this a spray bottle? What a perfect applicator for the Skripals' door.

Novichok .. by Dior!

PS - Dior to door service.
Spay is impractical and too dangerous for the poisoner himself (herself). He (she) has to wear special clothes, mask that would attract attention to the poisoner. By contrast gel would requite just gloves (rubber gloves). Unlike perfume vial something that looks like lipstick would be much more practical.

Firkin Rooshians. Ms Civvy was meeting up with a lady friend for lunch in Salisbury, so I park up, and think, couple of hours to kill with the sprog, "ok google, take me to a park with a play area". Five minutes walk, then a sinking feeling when I see blue and white tape and a burly police sergeant. "Sorry sir, this area is closed off".

Spay is impractical and too dangerous for the poisoner himself (herself). He (she) has to wear special clothes, mask that would attract attention to the poisoner. By contrast gel would requite just gloves (rubber gloves). Unlike perfume vial something that looks like lipstick would be much more practical.
Unfortunately, you and your alter egos are proven compulsive liars, and slavish peddlers of disinformation from a FSB playbook.
As such, thank you for indirectly confirming it was a Russian made agent delivered by spray.

Welcome back Sergei, you wouldn't believe what the other shifts have been coming up with during your weekend off. No doubt discarded rubber gloves are a key item which police have been searching for. Anyway the police now have the item described as a bottle containing novichok; no public information on viscosity; but the contents are subject to testing by DSTL and by OPCW laboratories.

Unfortunately, you and your alter egos are proven compulsive liars, and slavish peddlers of disinformation from a FSB playbook.
As such, thank you for indirectly confirming it was a Russian made agent delivered by spray.
Funnily enough I'm just reading a book about Archaeology in the Middle East, the author has the following to say about Libya in 2011

"As to the wider issue of the looting of Libya’s ancient sites and museums, there appears to some
disagreement as to how much damage was done to the country’s rich historical heritage during the
nine months of hostilities. In August 2011 English-language Indian daily newspaper The Hindu
published an article by journalist Vladimir Radyuhin that described mass looting of ancient artifacts
in Libya and NATO aircraft bombing of the ancient sites of Leptis Magna and Sabratha. The article
also stated that the “plunder of Libya’s cultural heritage has been going on since February.”The
source of this sensational news was a certain Nikolai Sologubovsky, a “Russian expert on Western
Asia” also described in the article as a “scholar…orientalist, writer and film maker”
who had spent
April to July of 2011 in Libya as a correspondent for a Moscow tabloid. Sologubovsky also went on
Russian television in August 2011, informing the public that NATO had bombed Libya’s ancient sites
and that the al-Jamahiriya National Museum in Tripoli had been looted and its antiquities shipped by
sea to Europe.

However, in September 2011, a fact-finding mission by UNESCO experts found that there had in
fact been minimal damage to Libya’s ancient monuments, and no damage at all to Leptis Magna and
Sabratha. The lack of major damage was partly because NATO had purposely avoided bombing
archaeological sites; indeed, a no-strike list of cultural heritage institutions in Libya had been drawn
up before any air strikes took place. So who to believe? Research by Dr. Samuel Hardy of the
Conflict Antiquities blog has discovered that Nikolai Sologubovsky was neither a scholar nor an
expert on Western Asia, but the official publicist of the Russian Committee of Solidarity with the
Peoples of Libya and Syria, which as Hardy says is an “explicitly pro-Libyan dictatorship, pro-
Syrian dictatorship lobbying group
.”"Nikolai Sologubovsky"obviously has an agenda in spreading
stories about mass looting and NATO bombings in Libya, and of course has never provided any
evidence to back up his claims."

Taken from Ancient Treasures by Brian Haughton page 38-39

A mysterious Russian 'expert' suddenly appears claiming the evil west committing crimes, NATO is bad etc - only to be found out to be a propaganda dog lying for the Soviet State - does this sound familiar?

Was that your assignment back in 2011 Nikolai?

Your experience of handling nerve agents used as an assassination tool in containers which would pass a cursory glance through airport security checks is what?

Funnily enough I'm just reading a book about Archaeology in the Middle East, the author has the following to say about Libya in 2011

"As to the wider issue of the looting of Libya’s ancient sites and museums, there appears to some
disagreement as to how much damage was done to the country’s rich historical heritage during the
nine months of hostilities. In August 2011 English-language Indian daily newspaper The Hindu
published an article by journalist Vladimir Radyuhin that described mass looting of ancient artifacts
in Libya and NATO aircraft bombing of the ancient sites of Leptis Magna and Sabratha. The article
also stated that the “plunder of Libya’s cultural heritage has been going on since February.”The
source of this sensational news was a certain Nikolai Sologubovsky, a “Russian expert on Western
Asia” also described in the article as a “scholar…orientalist, writer and film maker”
who had spent
April to July of 2011 in Libya as a correspondent for a Moscow tabloid. Sologubovsky also went on
Russian television in August 2011, informing the public that NATO had bombed Libya’s ancient sites
and that the al-Jamahiriya National Museum in Tripoli had been looted and its antiquities shipped by
sea to Europe.

However, in September 2011, a fact-finding mission by UNESCO experts found that there had in
fact been minimal damage to Libya’s ancient monuments, and no damage at all to Leptis Magna and
Sabratha. The lack of major damage was partly because NATO had purposely avoided bombing
archaeological sites; indeed, a no-strike list of cultural heritage institutions in Libya had been drawn
up before any air strikes took place. So who to believe? Research by Dr. Samuel Hardy of the
Conflict Antiquities blog has discovered that Nikolai Sologubovsky was neither a scholar nor an
expert on Western Asia, but the official publicist of the Russian Committee of Solidarity with the
Peoples of Libya and Syria, which as Hardy says is an “explicitly pro-Libyan dictatorship, pro-
Syrian dictatorship lobbying group
.”"Nikolai Sologubovsky"obviously has an agenda in spreading
stories about mass looting and NATO bombings in Libya, and of course has never provided any
evidence to back up his claims."

Taken from Ancient Treasures by Brian Haughton page 38-39

A mysterious Russian 'expert' suddenly appears claiming the evil west committing crimes, NATO is bad etc - only to be found out to be a propaganda dog lying for the Soviet State - does this sound familiar?

Was that your assignment back in 2011 Nikolai?
Ah, Russian science.
Beginning with the triumph of Lysenkoism, which formalised the rule of State over Science (except in armaments research).

Let us not let actual reality impinge on our theoretical model of the World,especially if the Russian State has decided blue is in fact green this week.

Bit like KGBs claim of being a mathematician really. His numbers only add up if 1 (guilty )=0 (not guilty if Russia.)

Your experience of handling nerve agents used as an assassination tool in containers which would pass a cursory glance through airport security checks is what?
Although that could be a rather reckless route, if this was carried out by state actors then it is far more likely to have come in a sealed container via Diplomatic Freight. Imagine Aeroflot 1313 landing nose first in the channel with the passengers and crew all dead?

Welcome back Sergei, you wouldn't believe what the other shifts have been coming up with during your weekend off. No doubt discarded rubber gloves are a key item which police have been searching for. Anyway the police now have the item described as a bottle containing novichok; no public information on viscosity; but the contents are subject to testing by DSTL and by OPCW laboratories.
Well, let's assume that professionals are ordered to apply Novichok on the door handle in the Skripal's house. It doesn't matter who are these pofessionals, what secret service or criminal structure they represent. Let's try to reconstruct their plan of actions.
Woman as a performer is preferable. She could have in her bag innocently looking lipstick but with special locking and sealing system. The poisoner could approach the door (being aware that the Skipals are not at home), apply poisonous gel using 'the lipstick' and go toward Nadder river (just a few hundreds meters away). There she could safely drop 'the lipstick' into the river. In water Novichok (remaining small quantity) would soon disintegrate. That's all.
Anyway professionals would never drop the tool of poisoning into ordinary waste bin.