Critically ill man 'former Russian spy'

Just watched it. Certainly not under any sort of duress which will disappoint the brain dead trolls.
Thanks the Russian embassy for their offer of help, but doesn't wish to receive help from them at this time. She clearly has her opinion as to who was responsible & hardly a surprise as the Russian state has murdered or attempted to murder most of her family.
Hopes to return to Russia some day, presumably when there's a civilized leadership in place.
She appears to have had some sort of tracheal procedure. Describes her treatment as invasive & painful & thanks Salisbury hospital & those at the scene for their help.
Says that she & her father request privacy.

So trolls, what do you think? I can almost hear the anguished howls.

Stands by for incoming crap & lies.
Obviously an actress / cgi etc
I haven’t watched it yet, but the trolls wouldn’t need to watch either to come to that conclusion

Can you not see the shadow in the background? Obviously caused by one of “them” holding a pistol to daddy’s head as she is forced to read from a prepared script. And it’s obviously all been filmed on a stage at Pinewood. Honestly, you’re all peons and stooges for the decadent, capitalist West! Etc. Etc.

I await with baited breath, the contortions of the conspiracists. I suspect Ms. Skripal's statement will just be ignored/ they will state it has been achieved under duress.

As each fact comes to the fore, there will never be any admission that they are wrong, e.g. 118118 and the Manchester bombing false flag.

It's almost like there is a hidden agenda.

She remembered parrot fashion a prepared script...fine. Now she will 'disappear'....

Wishing to return to Russia eventually was a significant point...
Absolutely nothing mentioned about what may have happened was even more telling...

So to recap, an ex-spy who had been retired and strategically irrelevant for years was reportedly poisoned by the Kremlin with Novichok, a scary Russian-sounding word which refers to a group of extremely deadly and fast-acting nerve agents that start shutting down the body’s muscles and respiratory system within 30 seconds to two minutes. Except in the case of Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia it was several hours with a leisurely stroll, a meal, and beers in between.

The poison was placed in Yulia Skripal’s suitcase. Actually no, they got that wrong, it was the air vents in their car. Wait, no, that doesn’t work either. Maybe it was administered via weaponized miniature drone! Wait, no, it was the family’s car door handle. Actually, scratch that, it was the front door of the house. Definitely the front door of the house. We’re absolutely sure. Either that or Sergei Skripal’s favorite Russian cereal. They were given 100 grams of Novichok. Wait, no, that’s ridiculous, we retract that. Okay, maybe we have no idea what happened. Oh hey, their pets were completely unaffected by the poison. Let’s incinerate them.

Oh, and Johnson’s claim that the Porton Down laboratory had assured him “There’s no doubt” that Russia was behind the poisoning? Turns out that was just a bald-faced lie; Porton Down said no such thing and it was never its job to make such an assessment. Johnson lied, and both the Foreign Office and British mainstream media attempted to cover it up; tweets were deleted, transcripts were re-written, and narratives were given a good spin of historic revisionism by asserting that the UK government’s unequivocal insistence that the Kremlin poisoned the Skripals had been merely a “suggestion”.

And now both Sergei and Yulia Skripal, alleged victims of a poisoning by highly trained assassins using the deadliest nerve agent ever created, are doing fine. But you’re still supposed to fear and hate Russia. Just don’t think too hard about it or remember too much.
What’s it like being 118118’s puppet? I guess he knows which of your strings to pull eh Pinocchio?

She remembered parrot fashion a prepared script...fine. Now she will 'disappear'....
Remain in protection away from Putin’s goons
Of course, just after Vlad has his ‘Winter Palace’ moment. Or will it be a ‘colour revolution’? I’m guessing pink or maybe rainbow.
Absolutely nothing mentioned about what may have happened was even more telling...
Further proof you know nothing about criminal investigations

solutely nothing mentioned about what may have happened was even more telling...
She may have been told not to say.. criminal investigation. More likely, the events would be hazy in her mind. It does look like she was at death's door. A tracheotomy ( if performed) would imply her diaphragm was not working, consistent with nerve agent poisoning/damage to the phrenic nerve.

The parrot fashion bit is assumed on your part. I doubt she will disappear. The time to do this has gone. If she now disappears, there would be an international outcry. This is assuming that the conspiracy theory is valid which given the evidence, is highly unlikely.

When you say disappear, what do you mean. Do you actually believe the British state would kill her or do you mean she would be put in a dungeon with rats and stuff as KGB resident claimed?

solutely nothing mentioned about what may have happened was even more telling...
She may have been told not to say.. criminal investigation. More likely, the events would be hazy in her mind. It does look like she was at death's door. A tracheotomy ( if performed) would imply her diaphragm was not working, consistent with nerve agent poisoning/damage to the phrenic nerve.

The parrot fashion bit is assumed on your part. I doubt she will disappear. The time to do this has gone. If she now disappears, there would be an international outcry. This is assuming that the conspiracy theory is valid which given the evidence, is highly unlikely.

When you say disappear, what do you mean. Do you actually believe the British state would kill her or do you mean she would be put in a dungeon with rats and stuff as KGB resident claimed?
@Higgs Bosun Were you born stupid or did you have to work at it?

Absolutely nothing mentioned about what may have happened? Did you even watch the video?
I'm sure they watched it a few times, noted she mentioned the nerve agent attack, but then thought 'I'll just tell lies and say she didn't mention it despite all the other posters having seen her mention the attack'

As this is CA I don't think I am allowed to tell you to kill yourself.

So I won't.

If any of you are particularly good at humming can you hum an intermission tune for a while to give the lying trolls here time to formulate their new set of agitprop since being completely wrongfooted by Julia Skripals tv statement.

It shouldn't take too long for 'normal service' of outright lies to recommence :)

If any of you are particularly good at humming can you hum an intermission tune for a while to give the lying trolls here time to formulate their new set of agitprop since being completely wrongfooted by Julia Skripals tv statement.

It shouldn't take too long for 'normal service' of outright lies to recommence :)
They’re awaiting their scripts. Meanwhile have a look at the comments section on RT for a preview of the official line.

Exclusive - Yulia Skripal: Attempted assassination turned my world...

All I can say is what a brave young woman. Her country should be proud of her courage and determination:

“I woke to the news that we had both been poisoned,” Skripal said in her first media appearance since the poisoning. She contacted Reuters through the British police.

Skripal was speaking from a secret location in London as she is under the protection of the British state. She was discharged from Salisbury District Hospital about five weeks after the poisoning and has not been seen by the media until now.

“We are so lucky to have both survived this attempted assassination. Our recovery has been slow and extremely painful,” she said in her written English statement.

The fact that a nerve agent was used to do this is shocking,” Skripal told Reuters in an exclusive statement. “My life has been turned upside down.”

“As I try to come to terms with the devastating changes thrust upon me both physically and emotionally, I take one day at a time and want to help care for my Dad till his full recovery. In the longer term I hope to return home to my country.”

Skripal spoke in Russian and supplied a statement that she said she had written herself in both Russian and English. She signed both documents after making her statement.

“I’m grateful for the offers of assistance from the Russian Embassy. But at the moment I do not wish to avail myself of their services,” Skripal, who wore a light blue summer dress and bore a scar on her throat, said.

“Also, I want to reiterate what I said in my earlier statement, that no one speaks for me, or for my father but ourselves.”

“I don’t want to describe the details but the clinical treatment was invasive, painful and depressing,” she said in Russian.

“I am grateful to all of the wonderful, kind staff at Salisbury hospital, a place I have become all too familiar with. I also think fondly of those who helped us on the street on the day of the attack.”

Peskov thinks she's speaking under duress. The Embassy still want to 'speak' with her:
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said he thought Yulia Skripal was speaking under duress.

“We have not seen her or heard from her,” he said when asked to comment on the story.

After Reuters published a video of Yulia Skripal’s statement, the Russian Embassy in London said it was glad Skripal was “alive and well” but that Russia still had concerns, and believed the text had been written by a native English speaker before being translated into Russian.

“With all respect for Yulia’s privacy and security, this video does not discharge the UK authorities from their obligations under Consular Conventions,” the Embassy said in a statement.

“The UK is obliged to give us the opportunity to speak to Yulia directly in order to make sure that she is not held against her own will and is not speaking under pressure. So far, we have every reason to suspect the opposite.”
Interesting choice of news outlet. One that Peskov himself called 'respected' during the election rigging allegations.

For me it is absolutely clear that ms.Skripal sounded prepared text written first in English and then translated to Russian. As a result there are bookish words, some combinations of words that are not used in real life.
Let's look at this fragment
... clinical treatment was invasive, painful and depressing.
Do you understand meaning of word 'invasive' in this context?
invasive | Definition of invasive in English by Oxford Dictionaries
(of medical procedures) involving the introduction of instruments or other objects into the body or body cavities.
In English word 'invasive' has other meanings and is not rare word at all. But in Russian word INVAZIVNY (=invasive) is a special medical term only. I'm sure that 99% of native Russians would not understand its meaning. This special term would not be used in normal conversations.
Ms.Skripal said (in Russian) GLUBOKO UGNETAYUSHCHIM = deeply depressing. But native Russian speakers don't put these words together. Very depressing - it would be OK but deeply depressing - it is not natural combination.