• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Critically ill man 'former Russian spy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just a private person and it is not a threat but just a warning. It will be not safe for British officials, servicemen, policemen to visit Russia after the World Cup.
The leader of Chechen separatists was assassinated in Qatar by (allegedly) some Afghans who were given by explosive device by Russian agents. One agent had diplomatic immunity but the Qataris detained him and held him in custody. Russian authorities just detained 3 (I suspect random) Qataris. Soon the agent with diplomatic immunity was released.
As for ms.Skripal then there is a very easy method to get unconditional and unrestricted consular access to her. But it will not be used until the end of the World Cup.
I repeat, it is not a threat. It is just warning.

Imagine that British citizen is detained in Russia and accused in abduction of Russian citizen mr.Skripal with prospects to spend years in Russian jail. After public demands HMG could be forced to agree to consular access.
What if ms.Skripal would claim that she was detained against her will and wishes to return to Russia?
It would be a big PR-failure.
Shove your warning up your fundament then.
You're one of Putin's pathetic poodles & no attempts at denial will change that.

Is this detention with or without evidence? Just asking like.

If Ms. Skripal made such a claim, then so be it. In this country, that would be her choice. Call me a muffin, but I think that if she went back to Russia, she would rapidly make such a claim. Just call it a hunch. One has the distinct feeling that your country has learned much from the Germans. Does sippenhaft ring a bell. Or was it the Germans who learned from the Russians. I forget sometimes. The Skripals seem to die a lot. If Mr. Skripal were an American Indian, his clan name would be friends die soon, I think.

Not a lot of difference. Thanks for telling us, although you have failed to actually say what the methodology to gain unrestricted and unconditional consular access to Ms. Skripal is. I can imagine so no need to elaborate.
In the case with 3 Qataris they were detained in Russia without any evidence, just on a base of alleged unclear wrongdoings. Being well aware about habits of Russian law enforcement structures I would like to warn British officials, policemen, servicemen, especially high ranked officers that visit to Russia after the World Cup could end in the jail.
As for humour and irony then frequently they are based on language manipulation, on invention of new 'unexpected' meanings of existing words or invention of new words with understandable meaning. For example, mr.Johnson could be called idioron (not idiot, not moron but something between).

HMG pays me to work.
Calling you a liar I do for free. I consider it a public service to remind you that you are fooling no one, and that in the depths of what passes for your Russian inadequacy complex, that you are rightfully considered a turd.
I don't try to fool anyone, especially self fooled people.
We are just exchanging opinions. That's all.

In the case with 3 Qataris they were detained in Russia without any evidence, just on a base of alleged unclear wrongdoings. Being well aware about habits of Russian law enforcement structures I would like to warn British officials, policemen, servicemen, especially high ranked officers that visit to Russia after the World Cup could end in the jail.
As for humour and irony then frequently they are based on language manipulation, on invention of new 'unexpected' meanings of existing words or invention of new words with understandable meaning. For example, mr.Johnson could be called idioron (not idiot, not moron but something between).
As far as I’m concerned, anyone who goes to the World Cup needs to be very aware of what they’re doing and I personally wouldn’t advocate going. Russian fans have shown their intolerance which will undoubtedly be stoked up.

As for seizing officials, we’ll see. Bluff and bluster is yours and your ‘crooks and thieves’ usual response.

Being well aware about habits of Russian law enforcement structures I would like to warn British officials, policemen, servicemen, especially high ranked officers that visit to Russia after the World Cup could end in the jail.
We know. You will cut yourself off from the world in due course and return to pariah status. Who wins Sergei? It is not the Russian people. That is for certain. Why don't you do it before the Cup. Is it to maintain the pretence for a little while like the last flowers of Summer? Or is it just a need for tourist currency?

Possible but your manipulations are with intent. What do Russians find funny?

In the case with 3 Qataris they were detained in Russia without any evidence, just on a base of alleged unclear wrongdoings. Being well aware about habits of Russian law enforcement structures I would like to warn British officials, policemen, servicemen, especially high ranked officers that visit to Russia after the World Cup could end in the jail..
Silly boy, I used to enjoy my trips to Moscow, now all I see are frightened sullen people who are more afraid of their own people and authorities than any thing else.

You've gone backwards as a nation, are you really proud of that.

I'm just a private person and it is not a threat but just a warning. It will be not safe for British officials, servicemen, policemen to visit Russia after the World Cup.
What a lovely regime you are protecting. Your “warning” is basically of kidnap of innocent foreign nationals by your state. Because you are stupid enough to believe- or cynical enough to express belief- that the UK has falsely imprisoned Julia Skripal.
I’d imagine that even if she appears in the media asking for asylum you’ll say she has been coerced into doing so.
I hope no English football fans go to your ridiculous banana republic before, during or after the World Cup.
Silly boy, I used to enjoy my trips to Moscow, now all I see are frightened sullen people who are more afraid of their own people and authorities than any thing else.

Yes it’s interesting isn’t it? Chap I used to work with from St. Petersburg said that many Russians hated the downfall of the Soviet Union and thought that Yeltsin was making their country a laughing stock. Some talked fondly of Stalin and liked Putin because he seemed similarly minded. I got the feeling that my erstwhile friend felt the same.
Although it was interesting that he (and his Belorussian wife) had chosen to live, work and raise their family in the UK. Go figure.

Nice resurrection of the bullshit icon by the way :)

I agree with you on the main point. Power keepers in Kremlin are afraid own people, don't 'trust' them. There is a vast network of corruption, there is a whole class of 'untouchables' including prominent crooks and thieves in business in government. The power keepers in Russia control the main information resource - TV and are fooling ordinary Russians on industrial scale. It can not last forever. Later or sooner (I hope sooner) Russia will face profound changes. The nation will reject legacy of corrupted Putin's regime but it will meet fierce resitance from oligarchs and affiliated with them officials. I fear (more right I'm sure) that the West will support namely the oligarchs and its potential servants-puppets 'politicians'.

it would seem that a few national leaders seem to have similar opinions on recent Russian behaviour.
G7 ministers unite AGAINST Putin’s ‘malign’ behaviour to ‘DESTABILISE’ nations-US official

Unless they are all having delusions at the same time, there might just be something that’s bothering them. What could it be?????
There is a natural question in this context. The West has powerful economy, high living standards, developed democracy based on values where human rights, respect to universal freedoms is paramount.
So how Russia with its weak economy, not so high living standards, voided democracy is ever able to 'destabilise' the West?
'Highly likely' the West has some weak points, problems with economy, living standards, with democracy, rights and freedoms. The weak points are not connected to Russia at all. Merely Russia is 'appointed' as guilty side to approve own incompetence, own wrongdoings and faults. I see it this way.

Last edited:
... you are stupid enough to believe- or cynical enough to express belief- that the UK has falsely imprisoned Julia Skripal.
Call me stupid if you like but indeed I strongly suspect that ms.Skripal is in detention incommunicado against her will. My opinion doesn't contradict to known facts. But of course I will change my mind immediately if ms.Skripal would be allowed to make public statement freely and/or consular access to her would be allowed. I strongly suspect that it will not happen anytime soon.
You may believe the official version. It is your right.

Call me stupid if you like but indeed I strongly suspect that ms.Skripal is in detention incommunicado against her will. My opinion doesn't contradict to known facts. But of course I will change my mind immediately if ms.Skripal would be allowed to make public statement freely and/or consular access to her would be allowed. I strongly suspect that it will not happen anytime soon.
You are stupid, and an embarrassment to your profession.

No, if you were right that she was in detention and then she was allowed to make a statement and/or have consular access then you would still have been right in the first place.

A correction would be " I will change my mind immediately if Ms. Skripal made a public statement freely and/or she requested and received consular access."
Because she is free to speak and be visited if she wishes.

No, if you were right that she was in detention and then she was allowed to make a statement and/or have consular access then you would still have been right in the first place.

A correction would be " I will change my mind immediately if Ms. Skripal made a public statement freely and/or she requested and received consular access."
Your correction is not quite correct. If British authorities would repeat that ms.Skripal doesn't request consular access then I estimate the cost of such statements as half penny or even less,
I suppose that you pretend that you don't understand my post. I would like to repeat its main points.
1. I suspect that ms.Skripal is in detention incommunicado against her will.
2. I suspect that the statements made on behalf of ms.Skripal were made by British authorities without conscent of ms.Skripal.
3. I will immediately change my mind if ms.Skripal publicly, freely confirms that it is her choice and she doesn't wish to communicate even with her 90yo Grandmother.

Last edited:
Your correction is not quite correct. If British authorities would repeat that ms.Skripal doesn't request consular access then I estimate the cost of such statements as half penny or even less,
I suppose that you pretend that you don't understand my post. I would like to repeat its main points.
2. I suspect that the statements made on behalf of ms.Skripal were made by British authorities without conscent of ms.Skripal.
3. I will immediately change my mind if ms.Skripal publicly, freely confirms that it is her choice and she doesn't wish to communicate even with her 90yo Grandmother.
My correction stands - which is backed up by your number 3
Because if Yulia Skripal freely and publicly states “I am ALLOWED to state ....” then that would be ‘proof’ that so far she has not been ALLOWED

We both agree that you will not believe any statement publicly read out on her behalf
Which means if she genuinely does not want to put her face out publicly as the statements have been (on her behalf) then you will not believe any of them

You will immediately change your mind WOW
Maybe Ms Skripal doesn’t care what some senile old Chekist thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads