Critically ill man 'former Russian spy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

Surprised I cannot find a thread. Or is the Arrse fu not strong?

Two people, one allegedly a former spy, admitted to hospital, and a big decontamination effort going on as a result.

Another Litvinenko?

I heard about the incident on the radio while I was driving today, I was expecting there to be a thread about it somewhere but can't find one.
I'm outraged.

I'll be interesting to see what this substance is and where it came from. Dissapointintly nobody on the news mentioned Porton Down.

I can't wait to hear what our resident russian trolls have to say about this!

Apparently the couple were discovered unconscious in broad daylight on a park bench in Salisbury yesterday. It's no wonder its taken the authorities a while to react! :grin:

The critically ill man whose collapse triggered an ongoing Major Incident in Salisbury last night and a lot of decontamination today has been named as Sergei Skripal
He was granted refuge in the UK following a "spy swap" between the US and Russia in 2010.

Interesting that Fentanyl has been talked about - more effective than Ricin?

Putin cleaning up and sending a message?

Edit to add: dang my arrse google fu is weak, but title is strong....

Could well be - this will be one for May and Corbyn to discuss at PMQ's - a possible murder by foreign agents on British soil....in a shopping centre!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I’ll merge them when I get back from the pub.

Did the FSB not realise that doing a CW attack near Porton Down would be likely to prompt a rapid response and forensic investigation?
Are the victims now UK citizens like Litvinenko?

Ive been following this all day, the media were originally tying themselves in knots trying to work out what had happened rather than wait for the facts.

It was bugsy (the one with the flaming trousers), in Salisbury, with a chemical agent.

Well, he is used to many chemicals and none of them harmed him.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ive been following this all day, the media were originally tying themselves in knots trying to work out what had happened rather than wait for the facts.
That's just normal these days isn't it? [they have a right to know you know....] [and they like the publics opinions on everything - as they have a right to know as well]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads