Critically ill man 'former Russian spy' Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
@184461

1st March the Beast from the East snowed in the Salisbury area, it was a major snowfall which caused chaos - most chaos being slipping or abandoned cars & lorries

However being the South it was dramatic while other parts of the country had real severe weather

1st March - snow and traffic
2nd March - a village where I am supposed to be the carer for a friend, his pathway was dodgy due to melting snow falling from the roof. I spent the weekend digging the path, baking shortbread and building a mountain on the lawn out front.
Roads were clear around town and the village, even trains were running, with some drifts and abandoned vehicles out on the country road (hence the one day Stonehenge closure)
My ironing ladies youngest skateboarded from wilton to Salisbury and stopped off on the way with butter for my shortbread
3rd & 4th March snow cleared (as can be seen in cctv) and my mountain was the last snow in the area while it melted
6th March I was out at an auction, it began to snow a little while I was loading my bargains, but it didn’t stay, and on 7th March you can see Russian media on clear ground in Salisbury

They easily got to Salisbury, their story of randomly walking around Salisbury and got wet with slush on the edges of footpaths does not add up.

9C3CA040-3C1C-45A4-A207-C6FB5A2B4AA0.jpeg
26AA9120-135E-44F5-8548-015428414ACA.jpeg
177100D9-E352-4296-9845-C7475191C5E0.jpeg
4502A855-90BE-4592-BA3A-F8CA83468A92.jpeg
8EF13433-E817-49C7-A194-4CFBCC081A3D.jpeg
2BE93397-2B96-4347-8616-1A223CBC19E7.jpeg
280E050D-A1CB-48DC-AC7E-11BB44D3811C.jpeg
AD1F26B1-D1F9-4DF0-B6BA-9CCA73DAB7A0.jpeg
A04D5A28-E3BF-4184-ACC3-153A66763FBC.jpeg

@184461

1st March the Beast from the East snowed in the Salisbury area, it was a major snowfall which caused chaos - most chaos being slipping or abandoned cars & lorries

However being the South it was dramatic while other parts of the country had real severe weather

1st March - snow and traffic
2nd March - a village where I am supposed to be the carer for a friend, his pathway was dodgy due to melting snow falling from the roof. I spent the weekend digging the path, baking shortbread and building a mountain on the lawn out front.
Roads were clear around town and the village, even trains were running, with some drifts and abandoned vehicles out on the country road (hence the one day Stonehenge closure)
My ironing ladies youngest skateboarded from wilton to Salisbury and stopped off on the way with butter for my shortbread
3rd & 4th March snow cleared (as can be seen in cctv) and my mountain was the last snow in the area while it melted
6th March I was out at an auction, it began to snow a little while I was loading my bargains, but it didn’t stay, and on 7th March you can see Russian media on clear ground in Salisbury

They easily got to Salisbury, their story of randomly walking around Salisbury and got wet with slush on the edges of footpaths does not add up.

View attachment 352100 View attachment 352101 View attachment 352102 View attachment 352103 View attachment 352104 View attachment 352105 View attachment 352106 View attachment 352107 View attachment 352108
It is obvious that two highly "masculine" Russian gentlemen from Siberia are actually unable to handle the intensity of British cold weather, and are snowflakes when it comes to getting their toes cold in British slush, so retire to keep themselves warm and snuggly in a cheap flophouse, and used Novichok as a form of Deep Heat treatment.
Then return to tropical Moscow for borscht and medals, hoping the highly masculine Putin government didn't notice their dirty weekend holiday.
Isn't it romantic?

Or they might have been a pair of murdering Russian shits on a badly executed murder plot.

Am I the only person here puzzled by the weirdness of the cover story given by these guys?
It's pretty amateurville to say the least.

Me and me mate took a two day trip from Russia to UK specifically to see Salisbury Cathedral.
Arrived London 2 May. Attempted to see the cathedral on 3 May. Got there but didn't see it. Cold and wet.
Returned to Salisbury on 4 May despite still cold and wet then returned to London and flew back to Russia.

I mean it's like here's the story now prove we are lying. Well traces of Novichok was found in your hotel room. Errrr....Dunno about that comrade leave us alone.

And the justification for such an implausible trip? Salisbury cathedral is world famous. :salut:
While what you posted shows how a amateur the story is we should also include the fact they visited twice and had time to visit the cathedral both times IF THEY HAD WANTED TO. They were perfectly able to walk around Salisbury and in fact covered four to five times the distance needed to visit the cathedral, but walked in the opposite direction towards Mr Skripals house and not towards the cathedral.

Being serious for a moment, part of the problem here imho is that the Russian state has spent most of the last decade spoofing or telling lies mostly internally and have lost the skills needed to be credible when telling lies to the wider world.

When a person dies in an odd way (state murdered) inside Russia the deceased person's family know the state did it, the local community know the state did it and the state know they did it, but it's a totalitarian regime so no one will be held to account while Putin is in charge. That kind of complacency leads to people just not bothering to be credible, and that just doesn't work in other countries.

If you want to travel to London just for a few days I'd suggest you spend the time enjoying London. Don't worry about packing some perfume in your luggage. It certainly does not mean you are a homosexual.
@KGB_resident
Two gentlemen travelling with perfume would indicate the opposite
It’s a common gift to buy for a female such as a wife or girlfriend

I’ve even had women buy me aftershave, that didn’t convince me that they were butch lesbians

Last edited:
While what you posted shows how a amateur the story is we should also include the fact they visited twice and had time to visit the cathedral both times IF THEY HAD WANTED TO. They were perfectly able to walk around Salisbury and in fact covered four to five times the distance needed to visit the cathedral, but walked in the opposite direction towards Mr Skripals house and not towards the cathedral.

Being serious for a moment, part of the problem here imho is that the Russian state has spent most of the last decade spoofing or telling lies mostly internally and have lost the skills needed to be credible when telling lies to the wider world.

When a person dies in an odd way (state murdered) inside Russia the deceased person's family know the state did it, the local community know the state did it and the state know they did it, but it's a totalitarian regime so no one will be held to account while Putin is in charge. That kind of complacency leads to people just not bothering to be credible, and that just doesn't work in other countries.
Good point. But I still don't understand why they used a nerve agent as a murder weapon. Why not just use a knife or strangle the guy in his sleep like what normal people do? It's almost like they were sending a message but that message would mean the truth had to come out. I'm guessing his daughter, Yulia Skripal, being involved while on holiday was part of the message.

@KGB_resident
Two gentlemen travelling with perfume would indicate the opposite
It’s a common gift to buy for a female such as a wife or girlfriend

I’ve even had women buy me aftershave, that didn’t convince me that they were butch lesbians
No offence but that's kinda obvious which makes the reaction of the two guys so funny and amateur.

Edit; Sorry just realised you aimed that at KGBguy.

Good point. But I still don't understand why they used a nerve agent as a murder weapon. Why not just use a knife or strangle the guy in his sleep like what normal people do? It's almost like they were sending a message but that message would mean the truth had to come out. I'm guessing his daughter, Yulia Skripal, being involved while on holiday was part of the message.
Very Russian tradecraft.
Ludicrous overkill and incompetent assassins.
It telegraphs Russian contempt for the civilised world,and their disregard for law, and demonstrates their confidence that they will get away with it.

They simply don't care if everyone knows they did it. They want to spread fear and terror.

Number of reasons, not least testing the weapon developed in your labs in a live environment.

As you say, opportunity to get Yulia as well

Sends a message 'we did it, but like Litvinenko, try and prove it'

Can't go for the US as their investigation is ongoing.

Go for the poodle, it took them ages last time to find out it was Pu-210

The UK has been rather a thorn in their side ramping up EU sanctions, posing difficult questions in the UN, Ukraine and MH17, eFP in the Baltics and is home to numerous 'traitors who will choke on their 30 pieces of silver'

All discussed with numerous others a number of times on the old thread

Dutch and Swiss media report that earlier this year, two Russian agents were detained in The Hague. Their intended destination was a laboratory near Bern in Switzerland. The lab was doing work on behalf of the OPCW on chemical gas attacks in (Russian backed) Syria. The lab also independently confirmed samples of the nerve agent used in Salisbury.

The two Russians were said to be carrying equipment to hack into the lab's computer network. Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced on 26th March that two "Russian security service staff who worked at the Russian embassy" were to be expelled.

I read an opinion piece, and i can't friggin remember where now, that the reason Skripal was targetted was he was assisting the Spanish on the Russian 'mafia' and those in power in Russia weren't too keen on this, especially if it exposed their links.

And apologies if already mentioned previously.

I read an opinion piece, and i can't friggin remember where now, that the reason Skripal was targetted was he was assisting the Spanish on the Russian 'mafia' and those in power in Russia weren't too keen on this, especially if it exposed their links.

And apologies if already mentioned previously.
Yep, mentioned by @Grey Fox aka @YarS
Poisoned Russian Ex-Spy Is Said to Have Worked With Spanish Intelligence

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...sian-spy-part-two.286062/page-12#post-8788486

Seems he was based out there, where he was recruited and has been back out there to help them out:
Mr. Skripal has a long history in Spain. As a colonel in Russia’s military intelligence agency, widely known as the G.R.U., he was posted in Madrid in the mid-1990s, working undercover as a military attaché at the Russian embassy.

It was there, according to Russian court records, that he was recruited as a spy by the British intelligence service. That set off a chain of global events: his arrest in Russia in 2004, his release in a spy exchange with the United States in 2010 and his resettlement in England that same year.

But in recent years, Mr. Skripal returned to Spain for several meetings with officers from its intelligence service, CNI, though the content and precise timing of those meetings are classified, according to the senior Spanish official and the Spanish author, Fernando Rueda.

“He continued coming to Spain,” said Mr. Rueda, citing conversations with Spanish intelligence officers.

Dutch and Swiss media report that earlier this year, two Russian agents were detained in The Hague. Their intended destination was a laboratory near Bern in Switzerland. The lab was doing work on behalf of the OPCW on chemical gas attacks in (Russian backed) Syria. The lab also independently confirmed samples of the nerve agent used in Salisbury.

The two Russians were said to be carrying equipment to hack into the lab's computer network. Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte announced on 26th March that two "Russian security service staff who worked at the Russian embassy" were to be expelled.
They were looking for cuckoo clocks & chocolate

Number of reasons, not least testing the weapon developed in your labs in a live environment.

As you say, opportunity to get Yulia as well

Sends a message 'we did it, but like Litvinenko, try and prove it'

Can't go for the US as their investigation is ongoing.

Go for the poodle, it took them ages last time to find out it was Pu-210

The UK has been rather a thorn in their side ramping up EU sanctions, posing difficult questions in the UN, Ukraine and MH17, eFP in the Baltics and is home to numerous 'traitors who will choke on their 30 pieces of silver'

All discussed with numerous others a number of times on the old thread
''Send a message 'we did it'. was kinda my point. The use of Novichok would need to come out in the open.

Am I the only person here puzzled by the weirdness of the cover story given by these guys?
It's pretty amateurville to say the least.
It is to make it very plain who did the deed but with a superficial denial to put two fingers up to the victims, be they internal or external enemies. It is also that they have no idea as to how to propagandise a sophisticated audience who have access to multiple information sources, i.e. the West.

Of course, no one in Russia will openly say it is rubbish, so they go on thinking that sort of propaganda is effective.

I also think that to gain traction in the echelons of the state persecution apparatus, one has to be a bit thick or morally bankrupt or both. Many right thinking people who were also employable would avoid this type of nastiness like the plague.

Alternatively,

If they gave a monkey's uncle about a true cover story, they would have implanted cover into the initial plan. I,m not going to write a suitable cover down but most people here could come up with one in a day and a half. The only real conclusion is that they wanted to be seen and identified.*

* The people who planned it, wanted for the assassins to be identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.