Critically ill man former Russian spy - part 4

I think posters on here are of extreme interest to other countries.
Based on?
What must concern everyone on this site, is that posts and replies to posts are being carefully studied in Moscow.
Clearly English isn’t your first language. If I ask ‘based on?’ you would provide evidence of what they (you allude Moscow) would be looking for.

It goes without saying ‘the collective’ and ‘the chimp’ are trying to get more information from those who may know more than is publicly available. That with a smattering of obfuscation, lies and good old ‘whataboutery’.

Your point is Arrse is of ‘extreme interest’ to Moscow, yet you’re unable to say why. Why is that?

Clearly English isn’t your first language. If I ask ‘based on?’ you would provide evidence of what they (you allude Moscow) would be looking for.

It goes without saying ‘the collective’ and ‘the chimp’ are trying to get more information from those who may know more than is publicly available. That with a smattering of obfuscation, lies and good old ‘whataboutery’.

Your point is Arrse is of ‘extreme interest’ to Moscow, yet you’re unable to say why. Why is that?

I can only say this: the ARRSe website is watched carefully in Russia. It gives valuable insights into the morale of the UK armed forces.

Good, I'm glad it is and it does!
Now, as that's all you can 'only say' I won't bother asking how you would know that.
Western Europe is in the process of committing suicide. Only Russia remains strong. You all know that, don't you?

Good, I'm glad it is and it does!
Now, as that's all you can 'only say' I won't bother asking how you would know that.

Russian people watch constantly. We are very concerned about what is happening to you. That will never happen in Russia.

A quarter of @Grey Fox estimate in total
840/52 if consistent across the year = 16 a week, about 30 a week if we double that for peak holiday time.
If they all came to Salisbury across 3 months of the year then that’s one coach load a week
A drip in the ocean of Salisburys tourist coach parties
Yes. But it is only "Russian tourists from Russia". Add Russian businessmen, add Russians from another countries, add Russians colonists, living in the UK...

Let's wait for @tommikka 's investigation and his numbers. He is a local, as he said, so, if he'll use right methodology, his results will be better than mine. My numbers are very rough. If there are near one million of Russian tours in the UK, if Salisbury is 0,5% of touristic market, there are near 100 Russian tourists (or visitors - don't forget that Petrov and Boshirov have a business visa) every week.
"Near 100" per week is rather different to your original assertion of "fifty to five hundred a significant part of which are servicemen" per week isn't it?
And a significant part of whichever figure you pluck out of the air next won't be servicemen either.

We’re dissing Russia because we are fans of Russia

Therefore @Grey Fox must seriously hate the mother country
May be just have different understanding of Russian interests. I think, that strong Russia, that can protect Russians lifes and wealth is good, and weak state, that cant protect interests of its subjects - is bad. You may have a different opinion, and I'll be happy to read it.

"Near 100" per week is rather different to your original assertion of "fifty to five hundred a significant part of which are servicemen" per week isn't it?
And a significant part of whichever figure you pluck out of the air next won't be servicemen either.
"Near 100" is a very roughly number, and it is within interval 50-500. Some weeks it can be lesser, somedays - higher. According "Toxic Dagger" drills, number of intelligence servicemen were higher than usually.

Visitor numbers are difficult to assess, however VisitBritain does conduct surveys their results can be found here Inbound nation, region & county data.

After a quick look figures are as follows for 2017 approx 227000 visitors from Russia visited the UK on holiday, of these approx 4000 visited the South West and approx 840 visited Salisbury.

I leave it up to you all to interpret these figures as you see fit.
Thankyou. So sixteen per week. Hardly " fifty to five hundred a significant part of them serviceman" per week.

@Grey Fox ?

"Near 100" is a very roughly number, and it is within interval 50-500. Some weeks it can be lesser, somedays - higher. According "Toxic Dagger" drills, number of intelligence servicemen were higher than usually.
But nowhere near sixteen. You're wrong yet again.
But please continue wibbling, @mcphee1948 can help you.

"Toxic dagger"? Silly boy.

But nowhere near sixteen.
Sixteen is only a number of Russian tourists going directly from Russia. Boshirov and Petrov were not in this number, they had a business visa. Real Russian spies preffer to use Baltic, other EU, Ukrainian or other document.

"Toxic dagger"? Silly boy.
Exercise TOXIC DAGGER - the sharp end of chemical warfare

Started at 20 Feb, continued 3 week, surely controlled by Russian intelligence agencies.
May be not so impressive as Russian ones, but interesting, too.

Last edited:
I can only say this: the ARRSe website is watched carefully in Russia. It gives valuable insights into the morale of the UK armed forces.
That'll be a laugh then. Seeing as the majority on here are ex forces or haven't served. That might skew the results somewhat. I hope they're making allowances.
Your intelligence services aren't that bright if they're relying on arrse!

Not that they were particularly bright in the first place.

Sixteen is only a number of Russian tourists going directly from Russia. Boshirov and Petrov were not in this number, they had a business visa. Real Russian spies preffer to use Baltic, other EU, Ukrainian or other document.

Exercise TOXIC DAGGER - the sharp end of chemical warfare

Started at 20 Feb, continued 3 week, surely controlled by Russian intelligence agencies.
No. You're wrong. Stop backpedalling.
Your entire knowledge of espionage & anything military comes from the internet, dvds & computer games.
Hence my "silly boy" comment.

Latest Threads