CRITICAL CARE STATIONS (any info)

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by FidelisForever, Jan 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am aware that the new Critical Care Stations are going to replace the beloved Dressing Stations but does anyone have the plan diagrams or manning or Eqpt requirements for these beasts. I am for change if it is for the better but surely serving members of the RAMC would be better equipped for the introduction of new concepts if they were informed well in advance.

Can anyone advise ??

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Give AMD a ring, I am sure some QA will brief you up!

3. About as helpful as normal then RQ I see you havent changed. Seriously have you seen anything in black and white about the CCS ?

4. have you tried the History Channel?????????

5. Fidelis, Drop my an e-mail and I will put you in contact with chap that may have some information on this subject...! 8)

6. Come on chaps, lets not get too excited about something that increases capability and more importantly allows for Damage Control Surgery at R2+.
    Why is it, that when the AMS want to move forward some of us choose to mock? Instead of slagging the Nurses (I am not one) get educated and get even!!!!!

By the way QMan, not all decisions are made at AMD!!!!

7. I am all for change that improves the capabilities of the AMS. However I feel that changes to doctrine and the way we do business should be widely circulated around all ranks within the AMS before it is put into the wider Army sector as has happened with the CCS concept. LE course is currently teaching CCS yet at the Med Regt's soldiers who will be setting them up know absolutely nothing ????

Plus could anyone possibly advice as to where the extra manpower will actually come from to support this increase. The establishment may change but the amount joining will not ?

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Oh I didnt know that.............................. :roll:

The Corps makes decisions???

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I think it is nice we are going back to CCS's in respect to the WW1 Casualty Clearing Stations!

10. Q Man

Perhaps, along with the rest of the dinosaurs you should go back there as well?

If you really dislike what we do that much, perhaps it is time for you to go and let someone younger contribute.

11. I had a briefiing on aforementioned subject recently and I was informed that the extra manning for the new CCS would be 400 across the board and to be in place by 2008.

Anyone heard anything different?

As for Equipment, don't know, suggest you badger the RQ type on these means...

12. Any change which improves the medical provision to the soldier on the ground is good. However, we as a corps tend to jump on what sounds like a good idea at the time and realise that it may not be the case.

Over the past few years I keep hearing that 'we must reach NHS standards in what we do. Another good idea, but sometimes it can be very difficult.

If we go back to the basics:

Army Surgeon = NHS equal
    Army Nurse = NHS Equal
    HCA = NHS Equal
    Physio = NHS Equal
    Cmt = ??????????

13. Cmt = Equal (surely the NHS have cleaners and painters)

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

14. I am lead to believe it will be an increase of about 78 per CCS and there are to be 2 x CCS per Med Regt.

15. I'm just rolling about laughing we can't seriously be discussing an increase in Manning while the AMS is losing manpower hand over fist 8O :roll: