Criminals take seized laundered fuel from Irish army barracks

C

cloudbuster

One thing that always impressed me about barracks in the Republic; freshly-laid Tarmac. How do dey do dat?

Apod

Old-Salt
And the Irish Defence Force do..........nothing!

How surprising!
What should they have done??Fired at a fuel tanker in a built up area??Was the incident an immediate and direct threat to life??No.The gates were locked.They were rammed.
The guy got in unnoticed.Not like that has never happened before in the history of any militaries installations.If he had been caught he would have been given a "warm" welcome,detained and handed over to the Gardai who would have prosecuted him for trespass on a DF base and trying to pervert the course of justice.
But he wasn't.They will get him in the long grass.The wheel always turns.
Certainly a case for more cameras and a stronger gate though.

No need to fish mate.I know most of them and what their roads are like.How many do you??(And I usually only post when i have something to contribute not to deal with racist fuckwits)

What should they have done??Fired at a fuel tanker in a built up area??Was the incident an immediate and direct threat to life??No.The gates were locked.They were rammed.
The guy got in unnoticed.Not like that has never happened before in the history of any militaries installations.If he had been caught he would have been given a "warm" welcome,detained and handed over to the Gardai who would have prosecuted him for trespass on a DF base and trying to pervert the course of justice.
But he wasn't.They will get him in the long grass.The wheel always turns.
Certainly a case for more cameras and a stronger gate though.
Go on, you were the guard commander weren't you!

C

cloudbuster

Love to know which Bks that's in ********.
In answer to your question, because I know you're dying to know; just about every one that had facilities for landing a helicopter. Almost without exception, the lads and lasses I met on these visits had a wonderful sense of humour. I guess you must have been the exception.

In answer to your question, because I know you're dying to know; just about every one that had facilities for landing a helicopter. Almost without exception, the lads and lasses I met on these visits had a wonderful sense of humour. I guess you must have been the exception.
So let me get this straight.You have landed in every Bks in the republic??Doing either SAR or Army co-op??Must be SAR as Army co-op tend not to come to far south of the border.And while you were there you jumped out and slagged off your hosts who all had a good jolly with you before flying away??Get the **** out of here.Come back when you actually know anything about the DF apart from your mates tales down the pub who probably knows **** all about Ireland full stop except dealing with the Pikey scum we call knackers who tarmaced his drive!!Try actually getting to know the place and the people before you slag it off.Troll.

Their not Irish.They are Travellers/Pikeys/knackers whatever.They consider themselves a different ethnic group and most Irish people wish they would f**k off back to wherever the ethnic group claims to come from.

C

cloudbuster

So let me get this straight.You have landed in every Bks in the republic??.
Never said anything about arriving by air, did I, me old? Do you find it tiring, jumping to conclusions like that?

If you must know what I was doing measuring approach and departure lanes for multi-aircraft insertions and routes to key installations on DF establishments, I'm afraid you'll just have to use your imagination.

Meanwhile, I really must do something about buying a bigger boat.

C

cloudbuster

I know, but it only takes a little creative scheduling to resolve the issue. Getting a suitable presence on the ground first is the priority; everything else slots-in after that.