Criminals rest easy, the Met is chasing race & gender target

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Jun 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just read this opinion in the torygraph and was impressed. It's a long one but interesting.

what do you think?

2. Spot on, it sounds like just about every copper I know in the Met. Lefty student twats now dictate policy and resources. A waste of my and your money
  3. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Saying that it is the Mets fault is wrong, individuals came up with the strategies that have created this paper tiger of an organisation. These people are/were probably well known and probably were sure that they were doing the right thing, but in doing this they marginalised the reason for their existance. The Met is there to keep the people of London safe from crime. That should be the focus of EVERYTHING that they do. Social engineering is only acceptable if it helps in this key aim. I expect that it helps a little, but I seriously doubt that it'll reap the benefits they hope for.

I couldn't care what the policeman that deals with me looks like, worships, where he comes from or their sexual orientation. If I call the police then I obviously have more important things to think about.

Edited for grammar.
  4. Please leave those of us under the rank of chief inspector out of this. We just want to police, believe it or not, irrespective of race/ gender etc.

5. Sadly. The report highlights (mostly) the truth.

How can you concentrate on protecting the public when youre constnatly looking over your shoulder.

There are also rumours of police cars and stations being covertly recorded for 'inappropriate' attitudes.
  6. Who polices the police?

the thought police? 8O
  7. I thought it was you
  8. Classic DPS Psyops!
  9. Thats what I thought. But it's damaging morale, loads of my colleagues have agreed, as have I that if it turns out to be true, or if anything similar is, the we'd not want to be a part of an organisation like that.

I'd leave