Criminal to be deported.

This guy pushed his luck just once too often and is now being deported even though he moved here 30 years ago. Clicky.

A 34-year-old man who has lived in London for three decades is to be deported to Somalia after a judge said his criminal record qualified him to survive in the war-torn country.

But the family of Abdi Mohamed say sending him back to the east African state would be like signing his death warrant. Mr Mohamed fled persecution in Somalia with his mother and father when he was four and claims to know nothing about the country today.

Since arriving in Britain, he has tried to build a life in north London but took up petty offending to support his drug and alcohol addictions. Mr Mohamed came into contact with law enforcement when he was 12 and later began committing burglaries to buy cannabis and cocaine. His most recent conviction was for an assault on a prison officer, after which the Home Office applied to have him deported to Somalia.

I remember the Aussies doing the same thing to a guy from Bosnia, demped him back in the country and he couldn't even speak the language.

Tough I say and it sends a strong message to those that come here for the need to follow the rules.

Great decision but I suspect that by the time he gets through the appeal process, he will have been smuggled away to some do-gooders refuge.

Serves as a salutary lesson to do the paperwork!

That having been said, as a crim who's most recent conviction was for assaulting his prison officer (I mean, wtf?!), I hope he enjoys being back in Mogadishu. And doesn't try to come back!

nottyash said:
Great decision but I suspect that by the time he gets through the appeal process, he will have been smuggled away to some do-gooders refuge.
i agree

At last a bit of common here I think. About time the courts acted on the behalf of the people they serve.
Goodbye and I hope you don't come back.

I'll believe it when I hear that he is back in Somalia. But, even if that happens, he'll be back as a refugee under anothe name.

Great - but unfortunately for everyone deported, hundreds are here illegally. The police no longer apprehend illegal immigrants, they tell them to report to an immigration centre. They are surprised when they do not turn up!!!

:?: And if I.I.s commit a crime they are imprisoned for the term of their sentence at UK taxpayer's expense and THEN deported, surely that's a bit backwards! :?: