Criminal record check for cyprus

Just wandering if any one can help or point me in the right direction, I applied for a job and got selected for it on completion of a screening test. everything is good so far one problem is I need a clear criminal record certificate from Cyprus as I was posted there, I got a copy of the document I'm supposed to submit, it says I need to send a copy of an alien book, pink slip, yellow slip or passport for aliens I never received any of them when I was posted there and my passport has no entry/exit stamps as I went through RAF Aki.
Everyone I've contacted AWS/RBL/SSAFA/CTP etc don't know what to do either, so I'm at a complete loss.
any help would be appreciated.

Just a thought, have you contacted the Cyprus Joint Police Unit (CJPU)?

Donny

ADC
Just wandering if any one can help or point me in the right direction, I applied for a job and got selected for it on completion of a screening test. everything is good so far one problem is I need a clear criminal record certificate from Cyprus as I was posted there, I got a copy of the document I'm supposed to submit, it says I need to send a copy of an alien book, pink slip, yellow slip or passport for aliens I never received any of them when I was posted there and my passport has no entry/exit stamps as I went through RAF Aki.
Everyone I've contacted AWS/RBL/SSAFA/CTP etc don't know what to do either, so I'm at a complete loss.
any help would be appreciated.
It sounds like they’re treating you as though you were a civvy living on the economy in Cyprus. Since you weren’t, none of those docs are relevant, and it’s why no one connected to the military is familiar with them.

Had you been convicted of anything while you were serving it would appear on a CRB check - I guess that’s all you need to cover your time in Cyprus.

Yup I did and contacted the SBA police as well, all they said only Cypriot police can issue the certificate. as its a civilian affair not a military one they cant deal with it(not that I was in trouble over there).

It sounds like they’re treating you as though you were a civvy living on the economy in Cyprus. Since you weren’t, none of those docs are relevant, and it’s why no one connected to the military is familiar with them.

Had you been convicted of anything while you were serving it would appear on a CRB check - I guess that’s all you need to cover your time in Cyprus.
tried that, they have copies of my discipline file (all 1 page of it) but its not good enough for them

Yup I did and contacted the SBA police as well, all they said only Cypriot police can issue the certificate. as its a civilian affair not a military one they cant deal with it(not that I was in trouble over there).
You mean you were just never caught!

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Technically you were never in Cyprus but the SBA. That is a little bit of the UK so you can get the ACPO robbing bastards certificate. A certificate that if Dick Turpin provided it he would at least have the curtsy to wear a mask.

feu_de_joie

War Hero
I agree with Donny. The pink slips, yellow slips are for people resident in Cyprus; not relevant to military postings. CJPU won’t be able to help as the CRB form comes from RoC Police. British CRB check should cover you

Donny

ADC
tried that, they have copies of my discipline file (all 1 page of it) but its not good enough for them
If you weren’t a civilian then you wouldn’t have been registered with the local filth and there is therefore nothing for you to produce. If they struggle to understand that then I’d either try asking for a grown up to look at it within the company, or else find another company that doesn’t employ half-wits in their HR department

So I've just spoken to the high commission in London about it, they say just send the paperwork off with a copy of
my passport and I MAY or MAY NOT get the certificate back in 1-2 months time, but don't forget the payment!!! LOFRIGGINL.
The actual bloke who's hiring me is happy for the check not to go through as I explained all of the above to him, but then he got over ruled on company policy that it needs to be done.

The only problem with corporations is they are geared only one way and if something occurs that cannot be filled via the drop-down menu it cannot proceed. They may/probably will not have the staff or the system to deal with it in a reasonable way. I blame Oracle ...

Donny

ADC
They’re asking for something you can’t give them because it doesn’t exist. Tell them to get their shit together or you’ll flag up that they’re discriminating against former service people with inappropriate and undeliverable requirements for employment.

Alternatively submit a new application that simply says you were employed by HMG in various locations, details of which are classified.

Honestly, does this sound like the sort of company you want to work for? Really?

feu_de_joie

War Hero
So I've just spoken to the high commission in London about it, they say just send the paperwork off with a copy of
my passport and I MAY or MAY NOT get the certificate back in 1-2 months time, but don't forget the payment!!! LOFRIGGINL.
The actual bloke who's hiring me is happy for the check not to go through as I explained all of the above to him, but then he got over ruled on company policy that it needs to be done.
Don’t hold your breath. Without a yellow slip, I doubt that RoC Police will look at it. It will sit in an office collecting dust and every now and then a clerk will pick it up and wonder what they should do. Out here they like forms, and they like them nicely stamped by all the right offices. If something does not fit what is expected, it disappears into a black hole

It probably all started because on a form it asked to the effect "Have you ever been resident/worked in another country outside the UK?" to which you said yes, which was incorrect. It was not a residency, it was a posting and therefore this does not apply. Which has been said above.

If you can get that entry removed this will probably all just work normally.

ACAB

LE
Try a Sworn Affidavit. There's a blank one on Google that you can purchase. Just fill it in, take it to a local Solicitor and get him to notarise it for a small fee. Then forward it to said numpty......

Try here....

Affidavit Form - Create Free General Affidavit Template

Latest Threads