Criminal Record And Joining The Army ?

Hello Guys to cut a long story short I was a complete knob when I was younger andd got into a lot of trouble with the police I am now 25 and my last court case was in 2009 and I have never been to jail, I don't want to post my record up on the forum but is there anyone I can PM this info to that know how to deal with this or does anyone know what convictions stop you getting into the army, Thanks in advance for the help

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
It will depend on what you the conviction was for, what you were awraded, how many were crown court, if any involved drugs or if ny resulted in you being put on an offenders register - The answer from Pewish is rubbish, ignore it.

It depends on how old you we're when the crime(s) were committed, how long you went down for and depending on what sort of crime it was, under the rehabilitation of Offenders Act, best to give the NRC or your local careers office a ring to check with them before you go any further as you may/could be ineligible to join until the conviction has been spent.

STILTS

It depends on how old you we're when the crime(s) were committed, how long you went down for and depending on what sort of crime it was, under the rehabilitation of Offenders Act, best to give the NRC or your local careers office a ring to check with them before you go any further as you may/could be ineligible to join until the conviction has been spent.

STILTS

STILTS
Read his post ffs!....................He has NEVER been to jail!

Hello Guys to cut a long story short I was a complete knob when I was younger andd got into a lot of trouble with the police I am now 25 and my last court case was in 2009 and I have never been to jail, I don't want to post my record up on the forum but is there anyone I can PM this info to that know how to deal with this or does anyone know what convictions stop you getting into the army, Thanks in advance for the help
Whatever passes for ACIO will have the correct answer. When I joined up I think they ignored anything prior to 16 and as long as you hadnt been in nick then it wasnt an issue for the army as a whole but certain trades wouldnt take you. Pay Corps and Medical/Dental as memory serves but this was a long time ago. I'm guessing that as they are able to be more selective now than years past then they may well want anything to be spent under rehabilitation of offenders

I'm and looking to join as the infantry but I have a suspended sentence it was for a first offence I foolishly got in a fight and I was charge and placed on a suspended sentence can I still join ?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I'm and looking to join as the infantry but I have a suspended sentence it was for a first offence I foolishly got in a fight and I was charge and placed on a suspended sentence can I still join ?
How to join - British Army Website

"Everyone makes mistakes and a criminal conviction doesn’t have to stop you from joining the Army. Be honest about your past history when you come in for a chat, and we might be able to offer you that all-important second chance.

With the chance to learn a trade and skills that last a lifetime, Army life is a great way to make a fresh start.

Some convictions are forgotten – or ‘spent’ – after a rehabilitation period. The length of this period depends on the offence. You must tell us about any unspent convictions you have. For some jobs you’ll need to tell us about any convictions when you apply, whether spent or not. You need to be honest – if you hide a conviction before joining up, you could be prosecuted later.

For more information and guidance, read the Guidance on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act

Updating us during your application

At all times during the application process, you need to make sure that you tell us about any changes to your circumstances when it comes to offences. This includes waiting for a court appearance for a criminal offence, for any reason (including jury service) other than as a witness, until the outcome of the hearing is known. This may cause a delay to your application."

bluenosewrx

Old-Salt
Not until your suspended sentence is up and you've been back to court, its mostly likely get admonished but it is just that, a suspended sentence.

what was the actual sentence as this determines the spent or unspent convictions.

when i was a recruiter you were allowed 2 minor unspent convictions, ie a small fine etc

that was back in 2008 though.

I've got 1 offence in my record which is affray I was a twat and got involved in a fight I'm on a suspended sentence till January but I've made the nrc aware of all of this they are sending me something to fill out and return hopefully I'm able to continue my application as my hearts in joining

Latest Threads