• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Crimes Against Food

Settling down for what I thought was going to be a cracking steak with pepper sauce tonight (pretty much the food of the Gods), I had a nasty shock when it turned out the lunatics had put chilli in there too. Now call me fussy, that makes it a chilli sauce, and that does NOT go with steak. In my world.

Now, am I being an idiot and that's what all the cool kids do, or am I just hopelessly behind the times?

Any other major food crimes to look out for? Other than the obvious; Banana in fruit salad...

Settling down for what I thought was going to be a cracking steak with pepper sauce tonight (pretty much the food of the Gods), I had a nasty shock when it turned out the lunatics had put chilli in there too. Now call me fussy, that makes it a chilli sauce, and that does NOT go with steak. In my world.

Now, am I being an idiot and that's what all the cool kids do, or am I just hopelessly behind the times?

Any other major food crimes to look out for? Other than the obvious; Banana in fruit salad...
Pineapple on pizza.

A touch of chilli on steak would work wonders.

For a Caribbean themed dinner I did once I served steak (ribeye) with banana, plum, mango and chilli sauce. It was lush and worked surprisingly well.

A touch of chilli on steak would work wonders.

For a Caribbean themed dinner I did once I served steak (ribeye) with banana, plum, mango and chilli sauce. It was lush and worked surprisingly well.
Sounds good, but not with black pepper. I am still disappointed. I love pepper. Not chilli.

Sounds good, but not with black pepper. I am still disappointed. I love pepper. Not chilli.
I put pepper in it.

Ingredients were as follows if I remember correctly:

Shallot
Salt
pepper, cracked black
butter and oil

*Fry

rum

*Flambe

chilli
plum
mango