Crimes Against Food

Settling down for what I thought was going to be a cracking steak with pepper sauce tonight (pretty much the food of the Gods), I had a nasty shock when it turned out the lunatics had put chilli in there too. Now call me fussy, that makes it a chilli sauce, and that does NOT go with steak. In my world.

Now, am I being an idiot and that's what all the cool kids do, or am I just hopelessly behind the times?

Any other major food crimes to look out for? Other than the obvious; Banana in fruit salad...

Settling down for what I thought was going to be a cracking steak with pepper sauce tonight (pretty much the food of the Gods), I had a nasty shock when it turned out the lunatics had put chilli in there too. Now call me fussy, that makes it a chilli sauce, and that does NOT go with steak. In my world.

Now, am I being an idiot and that's what all the cool kids do, or am I just hopelessly behind the times?

Any other major food crimes to look out for? Other than the obvious; Banana in fruit salad...
Pineapple on pizza.

A touch of chilli on steak would work wonders.

For a Caribbean themed dinner I did once I served steak (ribeye) with banana, plum, mango and chilli sauce. It was lush and worked surprisingly well.

A touch of chilli on steak would work wonders.

For a Caribbean themed dinner I did once I served steak (ribeye) with banana, plum, mango and chilli sauce. It was lush and worked surprisingly well.
Sounds good, but not with black pepper. I am still disappointed. I love pepper. Not chilli.

Sounds good, but not with black pepper. I am still disappointed. I love pepper. Not chilli.
I put pepper in it.

Ingredients were as follows if I remember correctly:

Shallot
Salt
pepper, cracked black
butter and oil

*Fry

rum

*Flambe

chilli
plum
mango

splash of white wine

*reduce

banana

Double cream

*thicken

organic mung bean casserole.. as cooked by anarchosyndicalist lesbian wholefood collectives.
Some lunatic vegan female I ended up in close quarters with on AT decided that on her cooking night we were going to have rice... and lentils... and nothing else. Pizza ahoy.

Crispy duck, its a perfectly good piece of meat, no need to frazzle it to death.