Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic fever

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by fairy_nuff, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this is the right place. Noticed today on a travel health website that a US solidier has died in Afghanistan of Crimean Congo haemorrhagic fever. It's tick bourne and can be transferred by direct contact with blood of infected person. No vaccine need to cover up and use insect repellant
  2. Outbreaks of illness are usually attributable to handling infected animals or people.

or just wear a condom??
  3. Do you find yourself standing by the fireplace at parties talking about used cars to passers-by?
  4. Condolences to the Bourne family on their loss. Not sure the name should have been released though.
  5. I would expect those sort of stupid comments in the NAAFI. I was trying to pass on information that might help stop someone serving out there being ill. As it is I hope your next shit is a hedgehog
  6. Fairy Nuff, your post was very useful, the US and UK military have no access to general health information, as such they rely on Arrse health warnings.

Labia covered in coco pops are to be avoided.
  7. untwist those knickers. You have not passed on any real information. With no link to the story, no link to any details about the disease, the signs/symptoms, its route of infection or it any real preventative measures against the disease what did you expect?

Remember, it is only the internet. It isn't real.....

Now if you really want someone to take the piss then all you need to do is mount a high horse, oh, I see you have already done that.