Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Then talk is if you did. Not the way you have been.
I talk the way I find it.
It just so happens I find today’s police “service” is not fit for purpose. That is not down to the coppers on the street or the cid officers struggling with numerous caseloads, no it’s down to inadequate poor management over the years and a government who have seen fit to run it into the ground and expect even more.
As the old saying goes, “you can’t get blood out of a stone”. The senior management and politicians expect the coppers to give just that and more.

All I said was enough is enough and IF I were serving today I would do the minimum required, I’d still do my duty, I’d still run out of the nick leaving my refs uneaten if a fellow officer shouted for urgent assistance, I might even leave if a suspects on call came out, but I certainly wouldn’t be knocking suspects off mopeds because you just know you wouldn’t be backed up.
As I said, I’m relieved and very happy to be retired and very glad I don’t have to put up with what the poor sods have to put up with today.

Last edited:
Here's an example of how inividious the position of police officers is

misconduct hearing for four officers has found the allegations against them as not proven.
......attended a misconduct hearing to answer allegations that their conduct amounted to a breach of Standards of Professional Behaviour in relation to the detention of a now 44-year-old man in Streatham High Road in June 2011.

The hearing concluded today, Wednesday, 12 December; the panel, with an independent legally qualified chair, dismissed all allegations as not proven

Misconduct allegation against four officers found not proven

That took seven years........

Here's an example of how inividious the position of police officers is

Misconduct allegation against four officers found not proven

That took seven years........

I know a Bobby who was sat at home for two years on full pay while an allegation of assault was held over him.
He too was found to have done nothing wrong.
In the two years he was off the guy making the allegations did 3 short prison sentences for various offences .
My mate got paid to walk his dog and start up his own little eBay shop selling rare vinyl.
He is quite open about doing as little as he can away with and will take no risks for his last five years.

Chasing dead or decrepit criminals who are no longer a threat to the public must surely be less important than catching (and deterring) those currently active.
There has also been a huge increase in paperwork around PACE and use of force (the latter allegedly includes shouting loudly )

This council tax hike to pay for police, will I get a rebate for non attendance to incidents as we gets no one attending about 85% of the time.
This is the third night in a row I have rang regarding a lad in the gang causing havoc in neighborhood waving a knife around.
Wednesday a single Bobby arrived an hour and 40 minutes after we rang 999.
Last night no one.
Tonight no one again rang at 20:39, but did get a call back to ask if they were still outside at 21:35.
The system is totally broke.
k3.JPG
k4A.jpg

Yet another case of derisory PC sentencing?
Thug who attacked the police officer with the kick kung fu admits the assault

These prime examples of why they are over represented in prisons round various countries, appear to have made a habit of this.
Reading that link it appeared that the judge was questioning the CPS as to why the charge of GBH wasn’t brought against the accused.
Years ago if there was any doubt the CPS always erred on the charge of ABH. The reason they used was, well we could get this through the magistrates, if it was GBH the accused would have to be tried at Crown Court.
Even back then money came before justice.
When I was at Hendon an assault that resulted in a bone been broken was a GBH, except a nose, in fact a punch on the nose that caused a bloody nose was classed as a common assault. A common assault back then wasn’t arrestable, in fact a common assault was dealt with like an RTA, names addresses exchanged, advice given to victim as to how to proceed, civil or criminal and that was it. I never like dealing with those and was relieved when that went out of the window and all common assault were treated as per ABH, ie arrestable.
Times and laws have changed but the cost always seems to be the leading factor when charging, it will only get worse and the CPS actually stands for.

COULDN’T PROSECUTE SATAN.

I am a bit surprised as to why the judiciary have to ask this question.

CPS have been long going for the lessor offence which gains a plea, rather than risk a trial on the more severe option.

Unless of course, like good lawyers, they never ask a question to which they do not know the answer; but merely to adduce evidence.....

And yet some scrote can cost the taxpayer hundreds of thousands bringing a ridiculous charge against the police.
And that’s why I said what I said earlier. The system stinks.
Yes nobody likes a bent copper, in fact they are vermin and serious complaints should be fully investigated.
However, all the police want is for these vindictive complaints that the scrotes use to cast doubt on their own guilt are looked at quickly and dealt with so the honest coppers can confidently get on with the job.
It’s not much to ask for.