Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Last edited:
Recruitment of 20,000 police to begin 'in weeks'

This is necessary but will take years to get them all up to standard

But equally I don't think they'll actually find 20,000 people. Not with the current conditions...
You mean Tom Winsor was wrong about being able to recruit even better candidates with worse T&C's of service.

Well, knock me down with a feather.

Still, he got his Knighthood and Mrs May got to be PM. F*ck eveyone else.

How Dickensian for 21st C UK.

'Criminal gangs are recruiting children into a life of crime by offering them free food.'

What the report conveniently fails to mention, it is arguable that [other than those run by Colonel Saunders] - most 'chicken shops' in England are owned and staffed by mostly Muslims.

What a coincidence :rolleyes:

What the report conveniently fails to mention, it is arguable that [other than those run by Colonel Saunders] - most 'chicken shops' in England are owned and staffed by mostly Muslims.

What a coincidence :rolleyes:
And what a coincidence that you'd point that out.:eek:

There’s been much news coverage today of the proposed ban of drivers using hands-free mobile ‘phones- including the point that the police are failing to enforce the existing law against hand-held devices.
I wonder if it’s occurred to anyone that you need traffic cops to enforce traffic laws- speed cameras are only slightly effective in addressing speeding- and for raising revenue of course.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Book Club 4
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27