Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Gwent police are seriously under strength. Neighbourhoods policing team, never seen them in the 16 years I've been living in this village.

Bobby on foot patrol? I've more chance of being abducted by aliens.

A complete and utter farce. Officers are either on the sick with stress due to the workload, I've heard on the grapevine that some have been contacted by their superiors and have been asked when they are getting themselves back in to sort their cases out!!
Others have just walked. One lad, and I know him rather well , got so pissed off with the police and his Inspector in Pontypool that he walked in in civvies, chucked his warrant card on his Inspectors desk and told him to stick his job up his arse!.
He's driving lorries now and is very very happy.

Former Met Police Commissioner Slams Theresa May's Record On Policing - LBC

This sums up the situation well. The rank and file, called this early and correctly, May denied it was the case and attempted to humiliate the police and mobilised the friendly press to wholesale print stories that showed the police in a bad light to justify her ill judged reforms and excessive cuts.
I had Sir John's signature on my Met Warrant card throughout my service, I purposely never renewed it from PC to DC as it would then had had Sir Ian Blair's scrawl....

Sir John had 27 commendations (from memory) for bravery or detective ability, and (whatever reservations you have about him) compare him to what came after. They were pale shadows.

I had Sir John's signature on my Met Warrant card throughout my service, I purposely never renewed it from PC to DC as it would then had had Sir Ian Blair's scrawl....

Sir John had 27 commendations (from memory) for bravery or detective ability, and (whatever reservations you have about him) compare him to what came after. They were pale shadows.
A thief taker and leader not a paper shuffling administrator

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away....

I once saw a statement from Officer Safety trainers which included the remark that they did not believe that by employing non-Home Office approved techniques an officer had done anything wrong.

Just as employing Home Office approved techniques can be wrong, and generally ineffective.

You're going to be in the wrong anyway, just make sure it looks cool.

You know Kung-Fu?

You just make sure you cross your t’s and dot the i’s.
The amount of ******* who struggled when the cuffs were applied and then moaned in the charge room that their wrists were hurting.
As long as you wrote things up correctly, checked for tightness (damn right they were);) and double locked.

£5000 for fancy dress!!!!!!.
Staffordshire Police say it costs £1036.63 to kit out a male Police Officer and a couple of quid less for a female. The majority of that £597.13 is for body armour, a baton, cuffs and a can of incapacitent spray. That leaves a mere £439 for a helmet, a cap, pair of boots, a hi viz jkt, a fleece jkt, a couple of pairs of trousers, a handful of T shirts / shirts, a belt, a tie and some epaulettes.

For that money it's going to be fairly basic clothing.

I know of a couple of people who have 'graduated' as Police Officers recently. For their pass out parades they wore safety boots, trousers, shirts ties and helmets. A basic parade with tea and biscuits for family afterwards. Not a very inspiring affair by all accounts.

Still I'm sure she's not worried by the inequality after all, all animals are created equal, it's just that some are more equal than others.

Oh they can f.uck right off. Nothing better to whinge about? If the most senior Police Officer in the country is expected to turn out to formal State events in her capacity as the senior Police Officer in the country then bloody right that she should have appropriate attire.

Oh they can f.uck right off. Nothing better to whinge about? If the most senior Police Officer in the country is expected to turn out to formal State events in her capacity as the senior Police Officer in the country then bloody right that she should have appropriate attire.
I agree. I am from the generation.......not many of us left......where you wore your tunic to court. Reflected the gravity and formality of the proceedings. Now we don't even issue tunics. Court, Remembrance Sunday, force funerals even, in a fleece. (There is a small stock of loan tunics, but its luck if it fits and is in reasonable nick. Luckily I kept mine)
The 'modern' thinking is that if you are representing the organisation, you are 'on duty' and therefore should have access to all your appointments, baton, cuffs, spray, pocketbook. Therefore Ms Dick should have attended the state banquet in her fleece and belt kit.
TJF

I still wear my tunic to court. But I am told that they have stopped issuing them to the most recent intakes...

Personally I'd've waited till certain vvips conked out in the next few years first if I had to stop issuing tunics

Could they not have just shrunk Cmdr De Brunner's kit down a bit or something?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My god even the poor horse looks embarrassed carrying that.

I was actually going to mention how I was completely against that abortion of a uniform but couldn't think of her name. I think Bernie h h had one as well but couldn't find a picture. I'm against some ridiculous self made-up vanity uniform but I do accept the need for an official mess dress. If ma'am dick had something like that made up I'd be most unimpressed.

@moggy_cattermole

The Crime Academy ( the artist formerly known as the Detective Training School) used to have a photo on the wall of a CID DS function from the 1920s. Everyone in black tie looking very tasy (just back from hanging a bloke, and off to fit someone up).

I have seen police mess kit, which frankly looked hysterical.

But then again (no offence) I would rather the uniforms had a mess kit, so I could tell who was a detective and who was not. Indeed, at one nick our annual function had a 'lid of the year award', which was a hat with a revolving blue light on top for shaming the CID officer caught doing the most uniform thing in the past year.

It'd be called bullying now, but after a skinful this ritual humiliation was quite good fun.

And I should say, when I think mess kit looks honking be very afraid.

After all, I tend to think this isn't as bad as some say.....

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away....

I once saw a statement from Officer Safety trainers which included the remark that they did not believe that by employing non-Home Office approved techniques an officer had done anything wrong.

Just as employing Home Office approved techniques can be wrong, and generally ineffective.

You're going to be in the wrong anyway, just make sure it looks cool.

You know Kung-Fu?

Ive even had PSD accept that point - non home office approved is generally okay in my experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Book Club 4
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27