Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

You are probably right, if we cut cash from those sorts then it will inevitably lead to petty theft and shoplifting. My bad, but the government need to make work pay. It’s a viscous circle though with child care costing so much, nine times out of ten you are better off staying at home looking after your own kids, and actually that’s the way it should be, but then some people would say that’s statement is wrong and old fashioned, what? Looking after your children is wrong? Oh I give up I don’t know what the answer is, maybe win the Euro lotto and bugger off somewhere?
I think the answer is spend to save. In my rose tinted view, throw a shit load of money at the problem, fix it, then look at cutting back.

No point in robbing Peter top pay Paul, it never works. If the public want an effective police force (NHS, Social Services etc) it's about time they accepted paying for it.
It's not just about money, say we actually had more bobbies on the beat, would there suddenly be an increase in stop and search

If not, money itself isn't going to solve it, and it's a political problem as well as a financial one

Political correctness seems to be as much of an issue as a police force starved of money

It's not just about money, say we actually had more bobbies on the beat, would there suddenly be an increase in stop and search

If not, money itself isn't going to solve it, and it's a political problem as well as a financial one

Political correctness seems to be as much of an issue as a police force starved of money

Former Met Police Commissioner Slams Theresa May's Record On Policing - LBC

This sums up the situation well. The rank and file, called this early and correctly, May denied it was the case and attempted to humiliate the police and mobilised the friendly press to wholesale print stories that showed the police in a bad light to justify her ill judged reforms and excessive cuts.

In my first 4 to 5 year of service,Stop and Search was a regularly used and was an effective deterrent to crime. May then issued an edict that basically said that officers would be disciplined and potentially be sacked if they used S and S in a way that they didn’t like. The main example was that searching someone based purely on the overwhelmingly strong smell of cannabis in a car was no longer sufficient grounds and could be an unlawful search.

An 80% drop in S and S then followed as officers declined to risk losing their jobs and livelihood. Add this to the fact that officers were so rushed off their feet, that any type of proactive policing was minimal.

Early on in this thread, many tried to support May, I don’t suppose that would be the case now, with the early call by police having now come to fruition.

Sadly things are going to get worse in the short term. I haven’t seen shifts and departments so low on officers in my time. You can’t turn around an oil tanker immediately and any money coming in at the moment is effectively being used for standstill rates of recruiting to cover people leaving and overtime for officers who are knackered and jaded. Rates of MH and sickness are rocketing and people are resigning at rates I’ve never seen.

Some of this must come from the top. Former Met Commissioners saying the Met is in trouble? Like CGS leaving and whinging about the state of HM Forces. What did they do to improve the situation when they were in charge? Apart from following the politicians’ line and ensuring they didn’t rock the boat too much.
I suppose if they weren’t yes men they wouldn’t have got past inspector.

We used to refer to the Sergeant promotion as the half-lobotomy and the Inspector as the full-lobotomy.

Here's today's boring example of the outrage bus revving up about police officers.

Met officers filmed pinning down man apparently having a seizure

The footage is going around and causing palpitations. Sadly the ultimate way to shorten the whole thing (Mk 1 Cock Punch or 'The Dark Art of the Sleeper") have probably been completely withdrawn from officers' arsenals.

Still, next time people complain about response times - remember, they're tied up dealing with cockwombles like that.

(Although it does show why you only get the cuffs out having gained compliance over the suspect or control of them, they're a useless pain in the backside otherwise).

Anyway, TJF and good luck to anyone stuck on the sinking ship. May you all escape soon to safer and more rewarding shores.

Here's today's boring example of the outrage bus revving up about police officers.

Met officers filmed pinning down man apparently having a seizure

The footage is going around and causing palpitations. Sadly the ultimate way to shorten the whole thing (Mk 1 Cock Punch or 'The Dark Art of the Sleeper") have probably been completely withdrawn from officers' arsenals.

Still, next time people complain about response times - remember, they're tied up dealing with cockwombles like that.

(Although it does show why you only get the cuffs out having gained compliance over the suspect or control of them, they're a useless pain in the backside otherwise).

Anyway, TJF and good luck to anyone stuck on the sinking ship. May you all escape soon to safer and more rewarding shores.

As the Rebel Scum in the Former Colony put it, Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If a copper tells you that he's placing you under arrest, physically resisting is pretty much the worse option. Even if you, "win" the fight against the copper trying to nick you - which, given the standards of training and fitness in many forces, is not beyond the realms of possibility - you've just made your situation much worse. Whatever the original charge, resisting arrest and assault will now be added to it.

The best course of action is simply to comply and keep your mouth shut until you can seek advice from a legal professional.

As for the Sith Arts of the Vascular Restraint Hold, it's frowned upon in Police Scotland. A mate I train with, a Level 1 PSU officer, said he'd get in so much brown stuff if he ever choked someone out, the only time he'd use it is if he thought his life was in danger.

Last edited:
As for the Sith Arts of the Vascular Restraint Hold, it's frowned upon in Police Scotland. A mate I train with, a Level 1 PSU officer, said he'd get in so much brown stuff if he ever choked someone out, the only time he'd use it is if he thought his life was in danger.

Choke holds! How outrageous!

.20190707_082748_20190710144045403.jpg

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away....

I once saw a statement from Officer Safety trainers which included the remark that they did not believe that by employing non-Home Office approved techniques an officer had done anything wrong.

Just as employing Home Office approved techniques can be wrong, and generally ineffective.

You're going to be in the wrong anyway, just make sure it looks cool.

You know Kung-Fu?

From your link:
"Parm Sandhu has begun legal action claiming she was denied promotion and work opportunities on the basis of her race and gender, BBC News has learned "
Is this a polite way of saying she's just not good enough so she's thrown her teddy into the corner?
You might think that, I could not possibly comment.

Some of this must come from the top. Former Met Commissioners saying the Met is in trouble? Like CGS leaving and whinging about the state of HM Forces. What did they do to improve the situation when they were in charge? Apart from following the politicians’ line and ensuring they didn’t rock the boat too much.
Pensions

Like I said, just look cool.

[/MEDIA]
I always look cool, 40 minutes I had him there and 4 times he got arsey kicking off, 4 times he went bobos still didn't learn his lesson.
I have a can of coke behind me and got brought a cornetto.

Fancy a job with the Diplomatic Corps in Washington DC? I believe that there is a vacancy.
No, thanks.

I always prefer those who are going to stab me to try from the front rather than the back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The Book Club 4
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27