Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Oh dear...

Tory MP Tim Loughton called for better rewards “to make sure we do not lose their experience built up over many years”.
Number of police plummets as officers quit and forces miss recruitment targets

What a thickie. Everyone knows you don't need to worry about experience.

Interestingly I was chatting with a friend who is a few weeks into probationary training, and they reckon on ten years in the job.

Still someone else be in government then.

Oh dear...

Number of police plummets as officers quit and forces miss recruitment targets

Interestingly I was chatting with a friend who is a few weeks into probationary training, and they reckon on ten years in the job.

Still someone else be in government then.
Too ******* late. If will take at LEAST a decade to get back to anywhere near being sustainable. That will take serious investment and that’s not going to happen.

Every time my Force has a “well-being initiative”, I say to my boss that all people want is more colleagues to field the work, so that they can go home on time, take their leave and not worry about their workload.
Not a water bottle or a seminar on coping with stress.

Attachments

And a story that will not surprise regular readers of this thread...
Police forces have paid at least £123 million to job agencies to fill gaps in frontline investigations over two years, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Reading the Recent post by 'Boumer, Moggy and Wets' and many of their previous posts are always a mixture of informative analysis and disheartenment. Sadly the the governance of the police by successive Governments and the polices senior ranks seems to be fundamentally rotten to the core.

While the Conservative party was always considered the party of Law and Order by its members, and seen that it must be funded properly, this has not been shared by the parliamentary conservatives, particularly 'May'. Her hand has wrecked not on the police but other Home Office departments that have a security area of operations.

Add to this the encouragement of politicisation and in my opinion 'infiltration of left leaning social projects' by the senior police officers who I believe, despise the old school 'beat copper' and see them only useful as suits their political aspirations.

Since some elements of the police are a new 'politically aware' class of officers, who it would seem support 'social justice' rather than plain old Law and order. These it would seem are growing in number and becoming a larger tranche of current levels of manpower. That who seem to think and agree that they are more effective being used, as social workers, too re-educated 'Joe Public', and lets not even start on the use of social media by the various forces to portray a right on narrative.

I suspect that some coppers are increasingly unhappy with some of the taskings being thrown around by the 'head shed' to increase the policing of social media, hate speech and also being seen to be used as a 'praetorian guard'. Particularly by an increasing number of same the political class, that has caused much of recently increased civil tensions, by the introduction of nebulous 'hate crime' legislation.

I am sorry to say though that it does seem there is an increase even those who support 'law and Order' who are losing faith in the police as an institution that is part of the community, foot patrols seemingly are a thing of the past here in much of Devon. I know its not on the beat officer rather it budget mangers who would rather sp*nk money on LGBT livery and the like than policing. I suspect that throwing two thirds of the mindless politicaly generated fcuking paperwork out would help too.

Funding 'is not' the absolute cause of many of today's issues, although it has without doubt been a catalyst for retention problems. Sadly conservative politicians have moved form being conservative in economics, to knowing the cost of everything but the value of nothing. This mindset has been embraced by the senior ranks of the police who it would seem do not understand or like actual policing. Those OBE wont earn themselves.

While this may sound trivial it really is not, when you do see officers these day whilst mostly on television either as a 'hit' or 'puff' piece they tend to look scruffy as fcuk. I am not talking about post 'collar' rather standing on a cordon, Stab vests and belt kit are never going to help in that regard but ffs unpolished boots and a 'Twat Hat' that is crushed, badly worn or so large it slides over ears is not going to inspire confidence or respect.

As with so many of my posts, in the last 18 months or so, I hope that I am wrong and the Police as an institution, has not be so broken so as to have lost completely.

A great post encapsulating most of the problems that beset, not just our once great police force but much, if not all, of our establishment & society. Where political correctness is all, treating certain groups/ethnicities/religions with kid gloves & pandering to their every wish, rather than do what they were formed to do,
see this Peelian principles - Wikipedia

snip "To prevent crime and disorder"
"To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion, but by constantly demonstrating absolutely impartial service to law."
"To recognise always that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them."

[QUOTE
"To recognise always that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them."[/QUOTE]
You can't count prevented crimes though, can you? Where would the statistics come from?!