Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

2ndpreimage

Old-Salt
There does come a point where surely even the blue cult realise they have become pathetic.

Police labelled 'desperate' for using Nando's discount to entice new officers

Can I just say it wasn't me who left this comment on their FaceTube page
Only 20? I remember 50% off in one of them because we'd helped them out with an almight barney. What happened? Commissioners Reserve turned up every shift for two weeks with the entire serial. Thanks lads:rolleyes:, didn't last very long after that.

2ndpreimage

Old-Salt
That was on my ground. Came and went before my time, though the ones who remembered it were still annoyed at Commissioners for spoiling it.
If it was the same place (north of the river), that was my first posting! The establishment in question was (is) still very close to the nick and the famous brown gates were still there last time I went past it.

If it was the same place (north of the river), that was my first posting! The establishment in question was (is) still very close to the nick and the famous brown gates were still there last time I went past it.
Certain it's the same place. Shame I can only give one like. My first one too

Those gates are currently in use as the electric gate is busted. :grin:

Knife crime: Fatal stabbings at highest level since records began in 1946 Knife crime deaths at highest level since WW2

An interesting article that shows quite surprising stats for where most murders are committed. Only 2 London locs in the top 10.
I don't envy your job at all mate. Country is an absolute joke. Place like Blyth and bigish police station closed down and replaced by an office unit on the docks. It's just a green light for petty criminals to carry on normal jogging, regardless of the despair and anguish of those affected, these criminals know this and fully take advantage of the weak system that is put in place.

Just can’t win.

It would seem that the Police are failing to acknowledge the race element in the rise in knife crime.
Police fighting knife crime should be exempt from race discrimination laws, Trevor Phillips says

If they do they are being ‘Institutionally racist’ if they don’t they are falling down on the job.

Both the recent spike in knife crime and the ‘Grooming' scandal have seen the authorities, press, and public desperately avert their politically correct eyes from the obvious.

Last edited:
It's almost comical really isn't it.

BTW, wasn't most of Birmingham unders a s60 over the weekend?

https://news.sky.com/story/police-in-birmingham-to-stop-and-search-without-reasonable-grounds-after-stabbings-11649928https://news.sky.com/story/police-in-birmingham-to-stop-and-search-without-reasonable-grounds-after-stabbings-11649928

That would be that Stop and Search Mrs May used as stick to beat the police with as well.

Never mind, she put Sajid in the Home Office. That should screw his ambition, binding him to hear failures.

Wasn't it Stalin who used to get the rest of the Politburo to co-sign the death warrants to bind them all to him? Principle's the same I suppose.

Anyone seen Sir Tom Winsor? I want to hear his opinion on this. Bring your expertise to the issue Sir, we need some expertise based leadership.

Te He He.

Whilst I'm no fan of her, could 20,000 extra police spread across the UK actually stop the problem? A knife attack is so random and quick officers standing feet away could not stop it could they?
I suspect Mrs May cannot/will not reverse her decision about "stop and search",presumably she thinks she appears to be strong and unweilding but to what end?
What is the current thinking among officers on the streets?

I am so sick of the government’s sheer incompetence and lack of willingness to accept the obvious that I’m stuck for anything further to say.

Whilst I'm no fan of her, could 20,000 extra police spread across the UK actually stop the problem? A knife attack is so random and quick officers standing feet away could not stop it could they?
I suspect Mrs May cannot/will not reverse her decision about "stop and search",presumably she thinks she appears to be strong and unweilding but to what end?
It is not just the less officers - all those "back room staff" that went, that included collators, intelligence analysts and so forth. You know, the people that helped cops (who were able to do something other than blue light response) to go an tackle the source of the problems rather than the symptoms.

The proactivity that I witnessed at the start of my career* was absent at the end of my time. As indeed was timely criminal intelligence in my experience.

Indeed, when I handed over what would have been a tidy little quick hit to some colleagues in one town (PDR tastic i remarked), enough for a warrant. Hit the door, bit of fun, quick interview and charge - just what I wanted as a junior tech. I was viewed as a nuisance, creating work.

*Indeed, it was expected for development that junior officers would take on proactive projects for development. If you wanted to get on TSG or the Detective scheme it was assumed you would use proactive examples to justify your selection application.

Lord Hogan-Howe talking on the radio this morning was waffling on about "technology" as well as more feet on the ground as a cure for the increase in knife crime, not mentioning "stop and search once"?

When asked about the "technology" he just waffled on and mentioned that body language training could help as if you had a knife you would touch it ?

What about a police cordon of a complete street. Random stop the street.

With airport type scanners that "everybody " has to walk through.

Anyone with knife gets an automatic 6 month holiday at HM's pleasure, old style with 23 hrs lockdown.

It is not just the less officers - all those "back room staff" that went, that included collators, intelligence analysts and so forth. You know, the people that helped cops (who were able to do something other than blue light response) to go an tackle the source of the problems rather than the symptoms.

The proactivity that I witnessed at the start of my career* was absent at the end of my time. As indeed was timely criminal intelligence in my experience.

Indeed, when I handed over what would have been a tidy little quick hit to some colleagues in one town (PDR tastic i remarked), enough for a warrant. Hit the door, bit of fun, quick interview and charge - just what I wanted as a junior tech. I was viewed as a nuisance, creating work.

*Indeed, it was expected for development that junior officers would take on proactive projects for development. If you wanted to get on TSG or the Detective scheme it was assumed you would use proactive examples to justify your selection application.
Going to recruit smart people , after , is it 12 weeks training then your a detective. That will go down well with the junior officers and the criminals as well.

Although knife crime is understandably getting a lot of media attention, it's not the only reason a large increase in police numbers is urgently required. There was an article back in January by a copper with well over 25 years in the Job. He had been on duty on New Year's Eve, and noted that many people who would have been nicked for various offences back when he first joined now had a blind eye turned to their activities. Because there simply weren't enough coppers to arrest, transport and process them. If they had lifted every person who deserved it, the few coppers who were left would be dangerously short staffed.

He stated that police are being forced to raise the bar of what is, "acceptable behaviour" because they just don't have the manpower to lift everyone who's behaviour is anti-social to a criminal degree. This leads to criminals losing any fear of the consequences of breaking the law, and the law abiding majority losing faith in the system. One of the guys on here who works as a security guard posted that he'd phoned the police after seeing a teenager waving around a large knife. The copper he spoke to said there was no one available to attend and, off the record, not to bother calling back for anything less than attempted murder.

It will never happen, but part of me hopes there really is massive social disorder in the wake of Brexit, and that politicians bare the brunt of the violence. Because until it effects them personally, nothing will really change for the better.

Last edited:

Latest Threads