Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

1000 across the country are being trained up. This has been on the news already. Oversubscribed here as well but only 30 being trained.
Our SLT seem to have only twigged that things might get a punchy here let alone anywhere else. If we go no deal or end up staying in, which seem to be the two most likely outcomes, I can’t see the ‘losing’ side not kicking off.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The obvious problem is that if things start kicking off on the mainland at the same time, there will be even less PSU Officers available to respond.
That’s what happens when you don’t fund your police correctly.

#cutshaveconsquences

Genuinely, what is wrong with people.

Memorial to murdered police officer Yvonne Fletcher 'vandalised'

An unarmed uniformed officer shot dead by foreign "diplomats", and something does that.

Attacking the Yvonne Fletcher memorial is distinctly odd.

The other vandalised memorials were all of the military-political-historic type that are typical targets for a whole range of leftie groups and individuals, brainwashed since birth to hate Britain and its heritage.

Hard to discern a motive to target PC Fletcher, though. Can't think of any particular agenda where she might be prominent enough to generate hate in a warped mind.

Wonder if this particular vandal is a genuine random lunatic, rather than a regular class warrior?

1000 across the country are being trained up. This has been on the news already. Oversubscribed here as well but only 30 being trained.
Does this include language training?

Does this include language training?
There will be an NCALT you can do, whilst the broom is being put up your arse as well.

But like them all you can set it running and go and make a brew while you click through so you don't get the warning messages that your completing it too quickly.
And as ever "The Assistant Chief Constable is monitoring for strict compliance".

I stacked them all up for when I submitted my resignation and then just ignored the lot for the last month.

Been done in the Met as well with L2 officers asked to volunteer. Says something about how shit response team morale is that every L2 Officer I know put in for it. Would rather have a few weeks of getting bricks and Molotov’s thrown at them, and possibly worse, than normal duties. Sadly they’ve only accepted seven from my BCU and I’m not one of them.
Since I'm fairly sure we're in the same BCU come feb, I'm disappointed to note that those seven slots didn't even get offered to the Western side of it.

Since I'm fairly sure we're in the same BCU come feb, I'm disappointed to note that those seven slots didn't even get offered to the Western side of it.
Absolute W**k?
To be honest mate considering our ERPT will be parading around 40 when we were promised 101 initially, I’m amazed they think we can spare anyone.

Oh dear, why join?

Police 'stressed' by misconduct probes

Join the job, make a difference, get an allegation from the joyful public you serve, have your life wrecked and get messed around for up to years.

Yeah, sounds great.

Still, the accelerated promotion/direct entry lot won't be exposed to the coal face. So the Guv'nors should be OK, and that's what counts.

The efforts to increase police numbers may have unforeseen consequences.
Thousands of police officers and civilian staff have never undergone stricter criminal record and background checks, despite the fact that they were introduced in 2006, the BBC has found.
Data from 16 forces in England and Wales showed 5,966 officers and staff had not had the retrospective checks, which include credit and DNA records.

Thousands of police 'not properly vetted'

The efforts to increase police numbers may have unforeseen consequences.
Thousands of police officers and civilian staff have never undergone stricter criminal record and background checks, despite the fact that they were introduced in 2006, the BBC has found.
Data from 16 forces in England and Wales showed 5,966 officers and staff had not had the retrospective checks, which include credit and DNA records.

Thousands of police 'not properly vetted'
I think the figure awaiting the new stricter vetting is about 5,000 odd out of 120,000. I’ve just had my 10 year update and it took
a year to come back.

I would imagine that this has something to do with cuts and lack of vetting officers to carry them out.

Won’t affect newly recruited officers as they don’t start until their vetting is cleared.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly The NAAFI Bar 18
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27