Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

[QUOTE="
p.s. there was study done many (many) years ago. A beat officer will come across a burglary in progress on average once every 8 years. I'd prefer a good alarm and two cops in a car who can respond to it going off but what do I know

I always loved that little fact as you could also say that for 8 years the presence of that officer prevented any crime occurring.

Then just sit back and watch the 'factee' try to argue why your wrong as your messing with their own particular little world view.
No point. Exceptionally hard to prove a negative.

I'd give you a funny for the Police Not dross, but the rest of it can't seem to generate a flicker. We've gone the Police Staff Investigator line; some are brand new and are going straight on PIP 2 and statement taking courses. Others are ex 30 year men topping up the golf fee fund.

The bloke in my office is lovely as an individual and when I found out he was starting and that he'd done 1976 to 2009 with only 18 months as a lid, I thought great, the experience will he'all have will be epic.

It may well be but his internal clock stopped in 1983 and I suspect he got to retirement without a miscarriage of justice or a death in custody by shear blind luck. Add on to this fact that while apparently he's been teaching at The College on and off since retirement, he has retained no currency at all;

Gene (not his real name): Ere Needles why aren't we locking these khants up? What's this voluntary shit?

Me: Because SOCaP, which came in before you left, states that you have to have a necessity to arrest now. Loud shirts, big lips and cracks in pavement don't cut it.

Gene: Fack it, get him in and remand him, fakkit.

Me: What comics have you been reading since 2009 on which to base the competencies for your PSI application? You'll struggle to put bail conditions on someone these days, he'll be RUI'd. The days of remanding someone on a Saturday afternoon for a Monday court are long gone unless he's Jack the Ripper, Lord Lucan and Jeremy Corbyn all in one.

I suppose what I'm saying at great windage is; the Emporer is trying on many many new capes but until someone realises that experience has to be grown not bought, all these capes are purple.
I used to joke the only pre pace cops left in the job are specials or chief constables.

How wrong I was eh?!

I used to joke the only pre pace cops left in the job are specials or chief constables.

How wrong I was eh?!
One of our Specials has just got the BEM for forty five years service. We joke that he can remember hanging.

To a point it don't think it matters if Chiefs are Judges' Rules, PACE or Jedi Order 66; all they need to do is learn it parrot fashion. When you don't have to apply it, know points to prove and defences...

One of our Specials has just got the BEM for forty five years service. We joke that he can remember hanging.
I was once drinking with a crime correspondent who said had been at the job so long he genuinely did remember death penalty cases.

Equally, I had the experience of being cross-examanined on several occassions by a barrister who had been called to the bar in 1953. I had the upmost respect for her. Helped her into court actually on the way to one trial as it was icy outside and I did not want her to slip.

Watching the cops in the various secondary filler programs on the TV it appears it is not the lack of cops but the blooming numbers of foreigners who get nicked for motoring offences/drug offences. Yes, we have our own crooks but reinforcing them with imports is just not a good idea.
And, those amateur seamen entering the UK in rubber dinghies are, by definition, criminals. They are breaking our law. Black mark so back you go.

Watching the cops in the various secondary filler programs on the TV it appears it is not the lack of cops but the blooming numbers of foreigners who get nicked for motoring offences/drug offences. Yes, we have our own crooks but reinforcing them with imports is just not a good idea.
And, those amateur seamen entering the UK in rubber dinghies are, by definition, criminals. They are breaking our law. Black mark so back you go.
Anyone daft enough to bite?

Oh, we're due some rioting are we?

What a bloody shame about the lack of cops.

Honey, Who Shrank the Police Force?
DxeRcNpWkAEeBH_.jpg large.jpg

I was refused leave for the end of march. Which in fairness is fine because I'd forgotten it was brexit and quite enjoy public order anyway.
It's fun now... fast forward twenty years and your back will remember every roll around on the pavement, even if you don't!

We’ve been warned last week of March, first fortnight of April is a no go. Hoping they start letting us do double shifts again when it all falls apart.

It's not surprising the police are at a low ebb. They had to survive 6 years of the Maybot as Home Secretary. It's amazing they survive at all. Look what she's done to the country after a few months as PM.

Mate of mine up here in Police Scotland's PSU has been training with the PSNI boys. He and at least one hundred of his colleagues have warned they will be sent to Northern Ireland within a week of a No Deal Brexit, as PSNI expect to take heavy casualties and will need reinforcements from the Mainland.

Oh, we're due some rioting are we?

What a bloody shame about the lack of cops.

Honey, Who Shrank the Police Force? View attachment 373238
Doubtful, to be honest. Even if the politicians decide to kick Brexit completely into touch, I don't see there being enough people both willing and able to cause major civil disorder. England isn't France, where massive rioting is regarded as a full contact team sport to be played at a national level.

Mate of mine up here in Police Scotland's PSU has been training with the PSNI boys. He and at least one hundred of his colleagues have warned they will be sent to Northern Ireland within a week of a No Deal Brexit, as PSNI expect to take heavy casualties and will need reinforcements from the Mainland.
I don't know where the 'heavy casualties' thing is coming from. What they are expecting is that they will need additional police along the border. That is likely to be the Level 1 units which means someone needs to backfill them in the urban areas and be prepared to cover any PO issues.

I don't know where the 'heavy casualties' thing is coming from. What they are expecting is that they will need additional police along the border. That is likely to be the Level 1 units which means someone needs to backfill them in the urban areas and be prepared to cover any PO issues.
The bloke I was referring to is a carrier driver. He was the one who mentioned PSNI taking heavy losses through injuries during rioting. Could be nothing more than rumours he's heard.

Is Project Fear still going along?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly The NAAFI Bar 18
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27