Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

What incident would that be then?

It'll have to top two police being murdered on the mainland in a non-terrorist gun and grenade attack, a lone peeler having to take on three terrorists with his baton, an escalating violent crime rate in the capital, the near complete collapse of response, ignoring sexual offending due to concentration on statistics, the loss of your experienced staff......

I'm lost to think what could possibly make the government stop and think, "loops, we might have to rethink this*"

So what I respectfully suggest to you is the government opinion?

They don't care.

*which is funny, as you can see it in May's approach to Brexit. 'It's my idea and you will all like it'. She's clearly forgotten that she's not dealing with people forbidden to strike and who must obey lawful orders anymore.
The police establishment haven't helped themselves by fully embracing all the modern cultural fashions, which puts them at odds with a sizable section of the people and a series of well meaning initiatives which made the forces look ridiculous.

But to answer your question... When people decide the conservative party is failing in its duty to protect the public and the poll movement is significant enough to start a panic in government...

The police establishment haven't helped themselves by fully embracing all the modern cultural fashions, which puts them at odds with a sizable section of the people and a series of well meaning initiatives which made the forces look ridiculous.

But to answer your question... When people decide the conservative party is failing in its duty to protect the public and the poll movement is significant enough to start a panic in government...
I have thought for several years now that senior police officers are more concerned about some angry social media response to a policing incident than their duty of care and supporting their officers when things go wrong.
I cannot see it improving in the near future.

It'll have to top two police being murdered on the mainland in a non-terrorist gun and grenade attack, a lone peeler having to take on three terrorists with his baton, an escalating violent crime rate in the capital, the near complete collapse of response, ignoring sexual offending due to concentration on statistics, the loss of your experienced staff......

I'm lost to think what could possibly make the government stop and think, "loops, we might have to rethink this*"

They don't care.

*which is funny, as you can see it in May's approach to Brexit. 'It's my idea and you will all like it'. She's clearly forgotten that she's not dealing with people forbidden to strike and who must obey lawful orders anymore.
It'll probably be when some scroat gets 'necklaced' in the street by vigilantes.

Last edited:

They don't care.

What incident? It would have to be one that effected our Glorious Leaders directly. Remember that after St Jo of Cox was murdered, spending on MP's security increased dramatically. And no matter how much police numbers and budgets are cut, there will always be enough AFO's to stag on at Westminster and enough Richard Maddon Walts to provide CP for senior Ministers. Complete the well known phrase: All animals are equal but...:rolleyes:

Perhaps a sequel to the 2011 Riots, something that coppers themselves have admitted they would struggle to control if it happened again. But instead of being confined to the poorer parts of London, a few thousand Crusty Jugglers decide to rape, pillage and burn their way through the areas where, "important" people live. A significant number of politicians, or their family members, being stabbed, raped or getting acid bukkake's might make the stupid, selfish buggers realise that the Barbarians are howling at the Gates and it's time to raise more Legions.

Last edited:
What incident? It would have to be one that effected our Glorious Leaders directly. Remember that after St Jo of Cox was murdered, spending on MP's security increased dramatically. And no matter how much police numbers and budgets are cut, there will always be enough AFO's to stag on at Westminster and enough Richard Maddon Walts to provide CP for senior Ministers. Complete the well known phrase: All animals are equal but...:rolleyes:

Perhaps a sequel to the 2011 Riots, something that coppers themselves have admitted they would struggle to control if it happened again. But instead of being confined to the poorer parts of London, a few thousand Crusty Jugglers decide to rape, pillage and burn their way through the areas where, "important" people live. A significant number of politicians, or their family members, being stabbed, raped or getting acid bukkake's might make the stupid, selfish buggers realise that the Barbarians are howling at the Gates and it's time to raise more Legions.
We have a smal but well motivated and equipped standing Army that could be drafted in as an aid to the civil power.After all they aren’t doing much else.

We have a smal but well motivated and equipped standing Army that could be drafted in as an aid to the civil power.After all they aren’t doing much else.
Unless the ROE they are operating under is, "Crusties to your front, Crusties will fall when hit", sending in squaddies not trained for public support duties to deal with rioters is probably not going to end well. IIRC, there is only one Battalion trained in Public Order Duties(the Rifles?). To say nothing of the fact that admitting police are so weakened by years of cuts and poor management they cannot carry out one of their core roles would be the most spectacular and expensive suicide note in British political history.

Unless the ROE they are operating under is, "Crusties to your front, Crusties will fall when hit", sending in squaddies not trained for public support duties to deal with rioters is probably not going to end well. IIRC, there is only one Battalion trained in Public Order Duties(the Rifles?). To say nothing of the fact that admitting police are so weakened by years of cuts and poor management they cannot carry out one of their core roles would be the most spectacular and expensive suicide note in British political history.
You clearly have not served anywhere other than Tesco, join the plod or is that out of reach like you dream of joining SAS(R)?

I’m not sure that statistic is accurate. Maybe it's role related, but I average 30 - 40 hours a month OT.
People I know in CID do similar.
Our ARVs were doing as much RD OT as they wanted for a while.
I suspect the hidden statistic is officers who are working OT for time off they will never get to take because 'there is no budget'. I sucked this up for years until I saw the light. Regulations say OT is for payment or time at the officer's discretion. In short.....if you aren't going to pay me......I'm not working over. Same for my team mates.
Fortunately I am on a team whose management knows that.

Cost it out I’ve the 5 years, for salary and pension through life costs please. Training, development, uniform costs, PPE costs, to name but a few.
I’m 100% sure the The HO and CCs have costed it and have arrived at the conclusion that it’s better to employ less people, reducing overheads and consequently work the reduced staff harder. Okay in the shorterm but not sustainable over a long period . A %age of people will refuse to work any overtime and others will work loads. Rest days will be cancelled regardless for no money and rerostering will be damn near impossible.

You can work 3 hours overtime per set without getting paid anyway.

There's only a finite number of criminals, if once they are caught they are banged up for a very, very long time (or deported if applicable) then their numbers will reduce and crime will fall. At that point you can safely reduce the number of plod required.
The current failure has been to reduce police numbers whilst not handing out stiff enough punishment which is therefore not removing the criminals from society.
It must be soul destroying for a copper to be nicking the same slags over and over because the required punishment/public protection isn't being applied.......

There's only a finite number of criminals, if once they are caught they are banged up for a very, very long time (or deported if applicable) then their numbers will reduce and crime will fall. At that point you can safely reduce the number of plod required.
The current failure has been to reduce police numbers whilst not handing out stiff enough punishment which is therefore not removing the criminals from society.
It must be soul destroying for a copper to be nicking the same slags over and over because the required punishment/public protection isn't being applied.......
Sadly the more scrotes that are "banged up" results in a vacuum filled by some other scrotes waiting in the wings. There will always be someone looking for easy money.
Prisons are full to overflowing.None are planned for the near future.

Erroniously posted this on the wrong thread but to be honest it works on either

Wife works at a garden centre, last year they realised that christmas stock was going missing, the owners put a camera in the container the stock was in and low and behold got some superb HD shots of the cleaner and her daughter taking the stuff, a quick call to Police Scotland who got a copy of the video and the cleaners address (which meant they could'nt get out of doing something) resulted in £800 woth of stock being recovered. Job done you would think, but no. Wifes boss got notified today from the Procurator fiscals office (think CPS for Scotland) that due to the "LOW" amount of goods stolen they would not be prosecuting. WTF, how much does it have to be before someone actually gets done for a crime. Now I realize the Police have a difficult job and well done to them for actually doing it this time , but the PF's office dont investigate **** all, I suspect they can only get motivated when the usual Celtic /Rangers matches go so they can increase their "Hate " statistics.
I'm not usually so anti establishment but when you can ignore photographic proof of a crime and still think you represent the population then you should hold your head in shame you C**nts. In addendum this is why I would happily pay my local "Vigilante Justice officer/Drug dealer to police my streets. Justice my arse

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ugly The NAAFI Bar 18
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27