Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

. A friend of my daughter's, ex military was rejected out of hand because he had served in Afghanistan and might be subject to PTSD in the future which was deemed to be an unacceptable risk!
That is a comment on the Auz plod! From my experience.

• One half of the recruiting team that got me in the met was on anti-depressents at the time(I should have paid more attention to that).
  • I'd been in the job less than 10 weeks before I met a PC who had recently attempted suicide.
  • A DI I respected was detained under the mental health act due to what happened to them on 7/7
  • A friend died due to substance abuse trying to deal with stuff.
  • A close friend of mine has recently being diagnosed with PTSD.

I think one of the most popular posts I have on this site, describes me picking brains up off a railway line. I have no idea how that has effected me.

I won't bother with the broken marriages and alcohol abuse that are seen as much a part of the job as the free half an hour for the Queen.
The job cannot simply screen out what "might be" whilst exposing exposing its personnel to exteme situations with lack of back-up. There is a bunch of stuff I don't talk about or laugh about. I had no assistance or risk management over about 3 1/2 years of routine exposure to deeply unpleasant stuff.

So either there is a super support system in the Australian service you describe, or you should call BS.

On that, if any Blue Light staff haven't seen this - please read the below.

Blue Light Programme | Mind, the mental health charity - help for mental health problems

Talking to your mates about this stuff shows geniune strength, not weakness.

Don't endure this alone. Your mates will stand by you, like you would by them.

While casually looking through various GCP websites I noticed that they had special training programmes for ex Feldjäger (military police), they specified a certain minimum number of years in the army, because otherwise it would be the standard training programme. They seem keen to attract ex MP and were even prepared to talk to those still serving to offer them an easy transfer.
Do police forces in Britain do anything similar? Could help ease the shortage of manpower, in particular the shortage of experienced manpower.

While casually looking through various GCP websites I noticed that they had special training programmes for ex Feldjäger (military police), they specified a certain minimum number of years in the army, because otherwise it would be the standard training programme. They seem keen to attract ex MP and were even prepared to talk to those still serving to offer them an easy transfer.
Do police forces in Britain do anything similar? Could help ease the shortage of manpower, in particular the shortage of experienced manpower.
My brother ( ex sapper) is married to a copper - he tried applying and was told no chance. Military experience was not viewed as a positive trait, and his skin color/gender/sexual orientation didnt tick any boxes. He makes a lot more now than most officers ever will and his wife has some interesting accounts from behind the scenes.

There is no shortage of applicants to the police, only the money to recruit and train them.

However the military is very short on people and struggles to retain them. 6 ex RMP in my station alone, all leaving after 4 years service.

What a load of old horse shite. That's outrageous. Hope you threw some fooks around then punched someone in recruiting for being so short sighted :frustrated::pissedoff::-D

I feel your pain though mukka. I'm ex-Met and it took me three attempts to get in, despite having an exemplary conduct on discharge. Personally, I think they were being very GreenJacket'ist.

In the end, I spoke to my MP about it, who asked for me to be assessed and interviewed, and the rest as they say, is history.
it was gutting at the time but you weren't given any right of questioning the decision. My cousin was Merseyside CID at the time & said the same thing, the nature of the forces were changing so different types of recruits were coming through. Cheers easy you feckers.

I had no assistance or risk management over about 3 1/2 years of routine exposure to deeply unpleasant stuff.
Sadly it’s not gotten any better. Had to deal with an infant sudden death in May and had a debrief consisting of, ‘You’re alright aren’t you mate’ as a statement not a question.

Could everyone please not go looking for some Novichok until after the Tango'd One has left.

Trump UK visit: police to mobilise in numbers not seen since 2011 riots

Several chiefs told the Guardian they were concerned the demands to send personnel to protect Trump added to the pressure to find enough officers to keep their own areas sufficiently safe.

One said: “The more we send there, the less we have for our areas. With the hot weather, if anything kicks off, we are struggling. They cut the officers in the urban areas [biggest forces] and now they need them.”
At least there's one chief with the brains to acknowledge that the hot weather brings them out.

All we need is an aspiring rapper being shot whilst Trump is over and and we can have some unimpeeded free shopping*.

*Obviously one needs new nikes whilst on a protest against the Man and all his racists works. A nice new Xbox One S wouldn't go a miss either. When is the newest iPhone out again?

Could everyone please not go looking for some Novichok until after the Tango'd One has left.

At least there's one chief with the brains to acknowledge that the hot weather brings them out.

All we need is an aspiring rapper being shot whilst Trump is over and and we can have some unimpeeded free shopping*.

*Obviously one needs new nikes whilst on a protest against the Man and all his racists works. A nice new Xbox One S wouldn't go a miss either. When is the newest iPhone out again?
Add to this the demands that The World Cup with it’s associated moronic behaviour bring, various festivals and the heavy draw of Salisbury and you have Policing creeking at the seems. Cancelled leave and rest days, extended shifts and counties being left with the bare minimum of cover.

#cutshaveconsequences.

Add to this the demands that The World Cup with it’s associated moronic behaviour bring, various festivals and the heavy draw of Salisbury and you have Policing creeking at the seems. Cancelled leave and rest days, extended shifts and counties being left with the bare minimum of cover.

#cutshaveconsequences.
If England win on Wednesday I can see a full leave block for the Sunday, following on from the leave block already in place for Thursday to Saturday. Four days in level 2 gear in almost 30c heat will do wonders for morale

If England win on Wednesday I can see a full leave block for the Sunday, following on from the leave block already in place for Thursday to Saturday. Four days in level 2 gear in almost 30c heat will do wonders for morale
Saw a load of coppers laying into some Met officer on Twitter earlier. Apparently posting that you're off on four weeks leave when every other copper in the UK is on a leave ban for the World Cup/Trump visit/covering for all of May's f*ckups doesn't make you very popular.

I'm on leave at the moment (booked last year to coincide with senior Devexette's nuptials). Despite living in Wales I am half expecting a call from my Skipper asking me to come in on Sunday. It probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Saw a load of coppers laying into some Met officer on Twitter earlier. Apparently posting that you're off on four weeks leave when every other copper in the UK is on a leave ban for the World Cup/Trump visit/covering for all of May's f*ckups doesn't make you very popular.
My current leave is - apart from using up a couple of days at the end of March, the first break I've had since Christmas so I'm not going to feel any guilt over taking it, nor should anyone else.

My current leave is - apart from using up a couple of days at the end of March, the first break I've had since Christmas so I'm not going to feel any guilt over taking it, nor should anyone else.
None of them were saying they should feel guilty about the leave. He's done the standard thing for anyone who does something stupid on Twitter and made his account restricted so you can only see it if you follow him but this is the reply thread I saw

His tweet was something like 'Sgt exam finished, now I'm off on holiday for four weeks'. He doesn't appear to be overly popular with the other coppers replying, I'm not sure if he's 'known'.

None of them were saying they should feel guilty about the leave. He's done the standard thing for anyone who does something stupid on Twitter and made his account restricted so you can only see it if you follow him but this is the reply thread I saw

His tweet was something like 'Sgt exam finished, now I'm off on holiday for four weeks'. He doesn't appear to be overly popular with the other coppers replying, I'm not sure if he's 'known'.
Might just be a bit of a knob if he’s getting that much stick. Sergeants exam was in March (for the Met at any rate) so may be a bit of a billy bullshitter as well. I’ve at least three people on my team off and whilst I’m jealous I don’t begrudge them it, more annoyed with my skipper whinging at me for not actioning my crimes when there’s zero time to do anything with them.

Senior officer from Police Scotland reckons it will require up to 5,000 officers to provide security for the God-Emperor during his visit to Scotland. Total cost will be around £5 Million.

I hear that the Met is now offering a five thousand bung for passing the CID course.

£1K on passing the exam, £4 on passing the rest of the course.

Not that they are desperate to get people to take on the poisoned chalice of a borough CID officer.

Let's hope those direct entry DC's stay longer than the Direct entry superintendents. I hear of the first five, three resigned.

Still better, than that ex-RAF Regt bloke who joined as a Super and objected to having to spend some time as a PC - if I was joining the council as a chief executive I wouldn't have to spend some time with the bin men.

He sounded more like a womble-de-coque with his patronising apology

“Personally I found the PC rotation essential to understanding the work of a constable, and I’d like to thank the officers that were part of my rotation, and who provided a valuable insight that will help me in my command".
Sorry I compared bobbies to binmen says Yorkshire police chief who didn’t want to pound the beat

TJF

I hear that the Met is now offering a five thousand bung for passing the CID course.

£1K on passing the exam, £4 on passing the rest of the course.

Not that they are desperate to get people to take on the poisoned chalice of a borough CID officer.

Let's hope those direct entry DC's stay longer than the Direct entry superintendents. I hear of the first five, three resigned.

Still better, than that ex-RAF Regt bloke who joined as a Super and objected to having to spend some time as a PC - if I was joining the council as a chief executive I wouldn't have to spend some time with the bin men.

He sounded more like a womble-de-coque with his patronising apology

Sorry I compared bobbies to binmen says Yorkshire police chief who didn’t want to pound the beat

TJF
Clearly a born leader of men.

Head of the Police Federation just reminded the ITV journo interviewing him about rising violent crime rates that TM, back when she was Home Secretary, accused the police of, "crying wolf" when they said they needed more resources. He also took dump on the government's new, "violence reduction strategy", pointing out that it doesn't actually included any extra funding for police.

Echo On

On ROPS
On ROPs
Maybe if you didn't 'prioritise' hate crimes as required by the Inspectorate of Police. Then the volume crimes could be addressed and a more proactive police force return to serving ALL the public.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27
N Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14