Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wetsmonkey, Jul 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ISWYDT

2. @sirbhp

They still wear collared shirts?

Will wonders never cease! Surely they are due a change to some "Sponsered by 5.11" tactical outfit soon. So they can at least look ally.

Drunk who strangled police officer walks free from court | Swindon Advertiser

But then when you can strangle one officer and bite the other and still not go to prison, one wonders why they bother.

So even with body camera footage, the requirement for the use of incapacitant spray in self-defence (it didn't work) and both officers being injured - you still don't go to prison.

I wonder if one someone calls a judge a c*nt during a hearing, what would happen then? ABH one and I imagine you'd be off to prison sharpish.

• Like Like x 5

3. "So are you now, or have you ever been, an obstructor or an escaper".

Best you all become team players....

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. So an ACC has nothing better to worry about than trying to change the attitude of some members of her staff, despite crime rates going through the roof, No doubt she has spent her entire career avoiding doing proper police work as in confrontation, walking the streets and feeling collars. If she wants "igniters" she'd be better off joining Thieves on Wheels cos if they're not nicking stuff they're setting fire to it.

5. Has anyone else noticed the outbreak of large fires recently? Also, what became of Sparkle's dog? The one with two broken legs.

6. Genuinely, WTF is this.

You are taking children out on the rowdy bus?

Sgt on his Twitter handle, Temporary inspector on his profile. He's clearly drinking his own KoolAid. Those promotions will come rapidly.

But I would say that, bit like the blocker or escaper chatting to their predecessors...

Taking children out? For Christ's sake, don't Norfolk even have any adult PCSO's left?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Suffolk has two that I've seen, perhaps they're on leave

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's still no excuse to have them kids up past their bedtime.

And who are those two in plainclothes on the right? They have not passed their GCSE's, let alone the Detective exam. Get back in your uniform , you junior helmet.

I shall have go write a stern letter to The Times and have a lay down.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. 50% reduction in crime?
    Apparently it’s all down to unleaded petrol.

10. Always reminds me of the rack at Gravesend Nick, in which we put defective Pye radios. Some wag had written "for defective Constables" underneath. Always wondered why management had never ordered it removed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. S7 Sexual Offences Act 1956 used to be the cause of much drunken banter at job do's.

Intercourse with defectives.

Sexual Offences Act 1956

Then it was repealed and reaplced by Sexual Offences Act 2003.

Not sure when sense of humour were repealed, but I think it was about the same time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I have a faint recollection of that and the mirth that ensued at the Police Training centre at Sandgate.

13. fc50af8e-2d52-417b-b4c1-94dc118439b9.jpg

Well well well. Look whose come crawling back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. A classic example of policing being used as a political football by politicians on both sides who are more interested in themselves than the good and benefit of the majority of the country.

• Like Like x 6
  15. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

It occurred to me recently that with the police shortage of police in the county of Essex , organised crime must be flourishing . I havnt seen a copper in weeks and the c.i d are snowed under with chavs, burglaries and low end drug users .