Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Reality Check: What has happened to police numbers?

Crime Figures up and Police Numbers down. The BBC take on it.
It's not just the police though, the prison service is in meltdown. Not enough prison space or screws, as I already said smack heads and persistent shoplifters etc use their nine lives, get send down and are back on it after a few weeks jail time, thus hindering what police are left to stop major crimes. The CPS is a joke as well, there is criminals out on license still offending and not getting sent back down. To be honest you can say the same about the fire service, the NHS, the army etc etc. Budget cuts to everything, but having to pussyfoot around the likes of the smackheads and total wasters that inhabit this country.

It's not just the police though, the prison service is in meltdown. Not enough prison space or screws, as I already said smack heads and persistent shoplifters etc use their nine lives, get send down and are back on it after a few weeks jail time, thus hindering what police are left to stop major crimes. The CPS is a joke as well, there is criminals out on license still offending and not getting sent back down. To be honest you can say the same about the fire service, the NHS, the army etc etc. Budget cuts to everything, but having to pussyfoot around the likes of the smackheads and total wasters that inhabit this country.
Do you have a solution to the problem?

We used to have police at the jail checking cars on visits. The amount of new or nearly new cars that visitors were turning up in was incredible. Very few of them were paid for with legitimate money. They were an easy collar.
We probably haven't had the police there for about two years now due to cuts.

One suspects that he means smoke and mirrors have always been the government's of the day favourite means of setting and delivering budgetary and funding commitments and promises.
When I left the Police in 1975 we were paid £50 a week. On Joining Customs in ' 76 pretty much the same but then I came across Unions. They had a habit his of ensuring the workforce was divided. Essentially this meant that Nucaps would ensure a better deal for higher grade staff. This ensured that the lower grades were cut off at the pass. Our time servers would ensure we would always stay within allotted budgets. Unfortunately the Sainted Antony obtained a sting in his posterior by merging us with IR when it turned out that similar grades were paid 10K a year more in IR and then we had to assimilate. Just as we did that along came UKBA with a pay cut-which we told them to poke so I retired on reserved rights. There never will be enough to do the job. It's a fact of life.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
When I left the Police in 1975 we were paid £50 a week. On Joining Customs in ' 76 pretty much the same but then I came across Unions. They had a habit his of ensuring the workforce was divided. Essentially this meant that Nucaps would ensure a better deal for higher grade staff. This ensured that the lower grades were cut off at the pass. Our time servers would ensure we would always stay within allotted budgets. Unfortunately the Sainted Antony obtained a sting in his posterior by merging us with IR when it turned out that similar grades were paid 10K a year more in IR and then we had to assimilate. Just as we did that along came UKBA with a pay cut-which we told them to poke so I retired on reserved rights. There never will be enough to do the job. It's a fact of life.
Divide and conqour. They did it in the police by stopping INspector and above earning overtime.
The bastards changed over night and you'd have thought they were paying the overtime out of their own wallets!

Divide and conqour. They did it in the police by stopping INspector and above earning overtime.
The bastards changed over night and you'd have thought they were paying the overtime out of their own wallets!
We didn't get overtime on borders, we were allowanced together with shift pay. The only way you got Overtiime was if you ran out of banked hours and that was carefully worked out largely through Toil.

Well tonight in a town of 200000+ we had 1 Sgt. and 3 PCs.
While waiting for transport for a violent shoplifter, as we waited listening to grade 1 after grade 1 going out with no one available I asked if the bobby wanted to slow time this prick as we know who he is and where he lives and he's very well known to police. It's was just under £200 this time and when he had got fighty earlier he came off worse. (Proper bitch slapped him, got bored struggling with him and guilotined him)
So dearrested quick note book entry and cop off to deal with something more urgent. To quote the bobby

"The jobs f**ked."
PicsArt_03-22-12.50.14~01.jpg

IMG_20180321_231523~01.jpg

The way things are in Merseyside bloody lucky to have seen anyone.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27
N Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14