Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wetsmonkey, Jul 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My force used to have a fixed wing aircraft. Not as utilisable as rotary but good in other circs where stealth and time in the air were concerned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Well, how fortunate that our Prime Minister is still protected properly

Islamist suicide plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May foiled

Shame about the fact that the rest of the UK has less and less police (and particularly CID, but never mind the Met is recruiting direct into those roles - so there'll be some warm bodies turning up soon. Shame about the total lack of experience, but there we go).

But hey, crime is down, or only up because it is being properly recorded. So you wouldn't have needed those cops anyway.

Our wise leaders are OK, and that's what counts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. According to a recently retired friend from Royalty Protection who worked in the Duties Office the funding for Royalty Protection is sacrosanct and cannot be touched. Notwithstanding they are short of numbers for many of the fixed points which is then made up with officers working unlimited overtime, with any shortfalls being made up by authorised officers from division working overtime. As these posts must be manned it is a vicious circle for the chosen ones.

• Like Like x 2
  4. @longwayfromhome

I can believe that.

Equally, the last time I had anything to do with such things, Protection Command were having problems with turnover of staff (which was unthinkable previously), as officers simply went off to find other jobs (or left the job) due to hours and so on.

Of course, the old threat "You'll be back off to borough" doesn't really hold much potency anymore. A friend of mine has just binned off child protection and been sent back to a borough CID.

Not holding lunatic work loads and stupidly high levels of risk. Oh dear, yep what a punishment.

The PolFed has just published another study lamenting the lack of qualified detectives on borough (as more and more are stripped off to either SO posts or teams). We'll be back to PC's on the CID being handed rapes to deal with, which was the whole problem in the first place.

When jobs fail at court and so on, individuals will be blamed rather than systemic failure.

As an overworked PC on CID, and then equally put upon DC, I used to cheerfully have this on my desk. images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2