Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wetsmonkey, Jul 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is.

The Job is the only place of detention where you get no credit for good behaviour.

Just more (and more difficult) shite to deal with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

I think I was extremely lucky to have served when I served. I do feel for today's young serving officers but I think they will end up treating it as a job and not think twice about leaving when a better offer comes along.
    The trouble is in this day and age decent well paid jobs are hard to come by unless you are well connected or have qualifications coming out of your arse. I feel for today's youngsters, the country is over populated and things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.

• Like Like x 6
  3. If there is such a thing as the Station Cat, then presumably the last PC out takes kitty with him, having first cancelled the milk.

• Like Like x 4
  4. After 45,000 people signed an online petition demanding it, the Crown Office have said they will review the sentence and consider appealing it if they regard it as unduly lenient.

5. Grrr you internet hard man.

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 2
  6. The Court of Public Opinion at work?

7. Too soon to say. Just because the Crown Office have agreed to review the sentence doesn't mean they will appeal it, nor that any appeal would be successful. However, without the outrage over the sentence and the media coverage up here, it might not have even gotten this far.

8. Quite an interesting video about Taser and use of force options in general.

• Informative Informative x 2