Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Always reminds me of the rack at Gravesend Nick, in which we put defective Pye radios. Some wag had written "for defective Constables" underneath. Always wondered why management had never ordered it removed.
S7 Sexual Offences Act 1956 used to be the cause of much drunken banter at job do's.

Intercourse with defectives.

Sexual Offences Act 1956

Then it was repealed and reaplced by Sexual Offences Act 2003.

Not sure when sense of humour were repealed, but I think it was about the same time.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
It occurred to me recently that with the police shortage of police in the county of Essex , organised crime must be flourishing . I havnt seen a copper in weeks and the c.i d are snowed under with chavs, burglaries and low end drug users .

It is well known that performance issues (like bourgening organised crime) can be solved by screaming at people and throwing stress balls at them,

**allegedly**

Deputy chief 'showed bullying behaviour'

That's still no excuse to have them kids up past their bedtime.

And who are those two in plainclothes on the right? They have not passed their GCSE's, let alone the Detective exam. Get back in your uniform , you junior helmet.

I shall have go write a stern letter to The Times and have a lay down.
Good effort, old boy. But I'm afraid the fact you didn't include a, "Hrrumph!" prevents me from awarding you full points:)

Well, goodness me. What a not surprise.

'Stress ball' police boss to keep job

One wonders if a police officer of a lesser rank was up on a similar charge what would have happened?

Well, i don't because I am fully aware the discipline system is being used as an extension of HR to strim out officers and get those bills down.

Are we talking rubber squishy stress ball or Chinese steel stress ball?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, goodness me. What a not surprise.

'Stress ball' police boss to keep job

One wonders if a police officer of a lesser rank was up on a similar charge what would have happened?

Well, i don't because I am fully aware the discipline system is being used as an extension of HR to strim out officers and get those bills down.

Hmm, maybe the "victims" should have ramped it up a bit, they have obviously forgotten what it takes to "get a result".;)

Thing I don't get, if he was stressed because he thought Essex was failing.....

How come he is on secondment to the National Crime Agency?

Does one still fail upwards in the job?

Thing I don't get, if he was stressed because he thought Essex was failing.....

Not in my job my boss would be world president for life by now the f,@#£%&£g putrid piece of c#@ksnot

Not in my job my boss would be world president for life by now the f,@#£%&£g putrid piece of c#@ksnot
Take it he won't be godfather to your first born son?

Thing I don't get, if he was stressed because he thought Essex was failing....

. The irony of it all.
In the county forces the Deputy Chief is the man for deciding discipline matters. Two things come to mind straight away, the first being how many people has he sacked for behaviour nowhere near this level? Secondly, if he is at senior rank at the NCA with his apparent professional judgement it is probably safe to say it is as efficient as SOCA and the rest.
I might be tempted to start me own crime family after all!

[
. The irony of it all.
In the county forces the Deputy Chief is the man for deciding discipline matters. Two things come to mind straight away, the first being how many people has he sacked for behaviour nowhere near this level?
Not really, Andy "I'm Not Having That" Hayman was former head of Met Professional Standards.

You know, the chap whose evidence was so obviously dodgy even Keith Vaz called him unconvincing when he appeared before a parliamentary committee.

The good, the bad and the downright thick

If you missed it,

It would be funny if he wasn't so senior,

Andy Hayman stars at phone-hacking committee session | Simon Hoggart's sketch

Earlier tonight, Three hours after detaining a scrote for theft and fraud, let him go as still no police available.
May has certainly made me feel safe...

Earlier tonight, Three hours after detaining a scrote for theft and fraud, let him go as still no police available.
May has certainly made me feel safe...
Or the Police decided it was not a priority as it was a business theft?

Its not as if the “Momentum” party will increase the Police Service.

Or the Police decided it was not a priority as it was a business theft?

Its not as if the “Momentum” party will increase the Police Service.
Nope they actually told us they had no one to send.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27
N Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14