Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wetsmonkey, Jul 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Picking oakum for many would be a nice sharp shocking welcome to the workface. I have no doubt it could encourage a new musical genre.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. We have in Britain activist judges whom may be fairly described as having an aligience with the enimies of this country. I suspect this judge can be counted as being one of this number.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Step onto that neighbourin' cotton picking field and you ass is dead yerrs sireee...Sadly this is their mentality.

4. The Conservatives on the other hand have done nothing but strengthen The Police and Law and Order in general in the last 7 years.

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Probably because they are "Conservative" in name only these days...

• Like Like x 5
  6. In your haste to post the above, 4 digits were missing from your post.

I have added these in red.

The invioce for this amendment is in the post, and prompt payment into the usual offshore accound will be highly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would refer to then as Labour lite.

• Like Like x 3
  8. In yesterday's Daily Gideon ( the London Evening Standard), there is a major feature on Albanian drug crime. Now, WTF do the so-called powers to be impose visa restrictions on Albanians entering the UK?.

And B-liar has taken money from the Albanian government to lobby for that country to be allowed to enter the EU!.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. do you have Unduly Lenient Sentence appeals in Scotland same as in England?

10. well they don't come in legally - simple to obtain fake passports or ID docs

11. Your cheek must be bulging like a hamsters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Then time to start fingerprinting all foreigners at the border, and the same for visa applications.

Match this to the interpol database, and it might just start to work.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Isn't funny that the senior police can raised all sorts of badness with regards to CT and funding.

Police cuts will be disaster for national security, warns counter-terrorism head

I mean, it's almost like they know that the Home Secretary and Prime Minister don't give a hoot about "normal crime" - but the police have the joker of terrorism to play.

When's the budget again? Do we think the police budget is going Higher or Lower? I think I can have a guess.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Boumer, I was speaking to a lad I grew up with who is currently serving in Gwent police, he's due out just before Xmas.

Manning levels are inherently unsafe, crimes are being downgraded to reflect a less serious issue, morale is at rock bottom , no trust or faith in senior officers and people leaving left right and centre for other jobs that are less stressful.
    Something like 27% of Gwent police are off sick with stress . Don't know for sure if the numbers are actually that high but thats what he told me.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

"He's due out just before Xmas". Making it sound like he's served a sentence of his own. Gwent use to be my home county before I joined the met. I knew a few coppers back then who loved the job, that's why I joined, it was over thirty years ago now mind you.