ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wetsmonkey, Jul 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. @jinnandtonic

If you've not seen it before, check out the full unload at about 40 seconds.

Vive La Republique, et 'have some mes Amis'.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pay more council tax get more policing.

Or pay more TAX generally.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah, 40+ rounds found in him at the PM.
    To be followed later that year by the winners of the flat-clearing in Paris contest at 5,000+ rounds

Paris attacks: Seven hours and 5,000 bullets - the full story of the Saint-Denis shootout

But there again of course France has no industry known as Human Rights for crims, thank fcuk.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Just returned from a two week holiday to the U.K.

My local cop shop is now a 9 to 5 job.

In that time I saw 1 police car with 1 policeman in it.

I was out driving at least a couple of hours a day. Doing the let's visit Uncle Joe, you remember he was at your christening shite.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I bet the first guy through the door wasn't overly pleased to find out he wasn't being followed by his colleagues, instead they were putting rounds downstream from the entrance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

Look as long as the VIP MP's and Royal family are looked after that's all that matters.

Well that's how it looks like to me. This PM has a nerve how could she stand at that dispatch box and state coppers are better off now than they were in 2010? This woman is getting worse, the worse Home Secretary in living history and now she is closing in on Cameron's performance at number 10. Pathetic spin which is doing my blood pressure no good and I don't even work any more. It just makes me angry knowing how difficult the job is and how poorly they are paid and backed up.

No wonder coppers are leaving.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Oh please she was streets a head of Cooper/ Balls when HS. And they were then leaving then.
    Of course Coppers were never in the same boat as Cuzzies.

8. Will there be a training module that explains to 'management' about fully backing and supporting any copper that shoots a villain that was clearly up to no good?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gout Man

Gout Man LE Book Reviewer

Please inform me of the good she did as HS? And don't tell me she got hook hand deported, my god that's about all she did.
    She has systematically single handedlly stripped the police to the bare bones at the very time we should be increasing police numbers. But as I said as long as they are looked after, she doesnt give a toss about joe public or the police.
    As for money well they always manage to find enough to pay for over seas aid and immigrants.

• Like Like x 2
  10. This is a serious forum for serious people. Management is already infallible and knows exactly what they are doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. IMHO she at least tried. The other factor is she was not culpable of the mess left by Labour. She did not rip apart our border controls as occurred under cooper or the Eagle sisters. Far more damage was done to policing by Labour with the insistence that we were all racist. The police never had to face up to 20-25k redundancies in a few years. Morale was already at rock bottom before 08. Our political masters were always going to keep a lid on the numbers no matter which side of the fence they were on.
    As for overseas aid until the Government has the guts to tell the UN to stuff what is really a colossal bribe to/ for industry it will remain. It's seen as cost effective . Biggest problem the police now have is how much to pay 110k plus "heroes "

12. Distance learning only but they will be far too busy to even log on.
    Get the staff officer to do it instead, it will still count.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I seem to recall that Labour recruited an additional 15 that 20 thousand police officers from 97 to 2010.

When the Conservatives got in, they openly said that they were going to cut police numbers back to the levels as they were in 1997. They did what they said they were going to do.

There are about 20 thousand fewer police officers compared to ten years ago.

The Tories cut public services, that's always been the same.