ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wetsmonkey, Jul 20, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Largest crime rise in England and Wales for 10 years - BBC News

Something that many people involved in Policing have been warning for years.

Crying Wolf or the natural consequence of lowering Police numbers and artificially suppressing Stop and Search for political not crime reduction reasons?

Interested to hear from people involved in Policing and those who just want a safer country.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

If you don't edit that thread title to non-shouty, I will hunt you down and plant a size 11 in your testes.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Or is the reporting and recording of crime getting better?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Why? Do you have a vested interest in increasing the violent crime figures?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Obviously NHS staff Police and members of the armed forces along with civil servants dissatisfied with pay deals and lashing out, nicking stuff 'N' fings. nothing to do with immigration and high levels of scum suckers. Noo Siree nope neicht non etc.

• Like Like x 11
  6. Possibly, I don't however believe that we under reported murders and serious stabbings etc.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Well that excuse, sorry fact has worked before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was walking through a town centre the other night, waited for a taxi for twenty minutes and observed the mayhem created by disjointed youths around me. They closed the main cop shop, the one there now is only nine to five. I saw zero police activity during this wait. It was akin to Beirut.

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

No. I have a violent aversion to my eyes bleeding, Either non-capitalise it or it gets hoofed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Section 18 I think

11. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. Please feel free to do whatever your exalted position allows you to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I wonder how much of the increase in violent crime is down to no "stop and search"

• Like Like x 1
  13. A very good point and one that people with different perspectives will argue.

The deterrence factor means that if you know that you are highly likely to be searched for carrying drugs and weapons, you might think twice. The flip side of that is the police won't always find anything and that is seen as a negative by some communities.

As a point of interest, only jackets, gloves outer coats can be removed in public. Hats cannot be taken off as shoes can't, so it's very easy to hide stuff during a street search. Doesn't mean it's not there.

• Informative Informative x 5
  14. Rules must be/ have been different in NI. As a kid, I got stopped by the RUC in Carrickfergus, and was asked (and complied) to remove my boots. "Sorry son, have a good night with your mates"

But let's face it, Wets, blacks carry knives and go stabby on each other, primarily. We can, as a society do one of two things: (I) let them kill each other or (ii) stop and search.

15. Flash to bang 6 minutes. Is that a record for Arrse from a thread start to blaming it on the Immigrants?

• Like Like x 3