Crime figures up and police numbers at their lowest level since 1985

Largest crime rise in England and Wales for 10 years - BBC News

Something that many people involved in Policing have been warning for years.

Crying Wolf or the natural consequence of lowering Police numbers and artificially suppressing Stop and Search for political not crime reduction reasons?

Interested to hear from people involved in Policing and those who just want a safer country.

Or is the reporting and recording of crime getting better?

Obviously NHS staff Police and members of the armed forces along with civil servants dissatisfied with pay deals and lashing out, nicking stuff 'N' fings. nothing to do with immigration and high levels of scum suckers. Noo Siree nope neicht non etc.

I was walking through a town centre the other night, waited for a taxi for twenty minutes and observed the mayhem created by disjointed youths around me. They closed the main cop shop, the one there now is only nine to five. I saw zero police activity during this wait. It was akin to Beirut.

No. I have a violent aversion to my eyes bleeding, Either non-capitalise it or it gets hoofed.
I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. Please feel free to do whatever your exalted position allows you to.

I wonder how much of the increase in violent crime is down to no "stop and search"
A very good point and one that people with different perspectives will argue.

The deterrence factor means that if you know that you are highly likely to be searched for carrying drugs and weapons, you might think twice. The flip side of that is the police won't always find anything and that is seen as a negative by some communities.

As a point of interest, only jackets, gloves outer coats can be removed in public. Hats cannot be taken off as shoes can't, so it's very easy to hide stuff during a street search. Doesn't mean it's not there.

Rules must be/ have been different in NI. As a kid, I got stopped by the RUC in Carrickfergus, and was asked (and complied) to remove my boots. "Sorry son, have a good night with your mates"

But let's face it, Wets, blacks carry knives and go stabby on each other, primarily. We can, as a society do one of two things: (I) let them kill each other or (ii) stop and search.

Obviously NHS staff Police and members of the armed forces along with civil servants dissatisfied with pay deals and lashing out, nicking stuff 'N' fings. nothing to do with immigration and high levels of scum suckers. Noo Siree nope neicht non etc.
Flash to bang 6 minutes. Is that a record for Arrse from a thread start to blaming it on the Immigrants?

Increase in crime is due in part to the fact that there are more and more stupid offences that one can be arrested for. eg. Slander was when one damaged a persons reputation. You can now be arrested for calling someone names ffs!.

Back in the day people used to do a lot of self policing.
If someone comitted a crime against you or your neighbour you would give them a slap or a f**king good kicking depending on severity of the offence.
Now you will get arrested for calling someone a name that is deemed innapropriate.

I would really like to see some stats breaking down the crime rates by type of crime and who is doing it.
It would nip this criminal immigrant problem in the bud.

But the fact is whether it showed there is one or not, I don't know for sure but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a factor, they would only publish figures that suited the politicos agenda.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brownhat The NAAFI Bar 16
vvaannmmaann The Intelligence Cell 27
N Current Affairs, News and Analysis 14