Crime and Punishment

Does anyone else think that in todays society the punishment doesn't always fit the crime?

My solution would be to reintroduce a few historic examples of punishments as follows

Branding - all convicted muggers, thiefs, shoplifters etc would be branded on their foreheads with a 'M', 'T' or 'SL' thus giving the rest of us a heads-up - no pun intended!

The rack - don't spend hours trying to out-psych a suspect who is unwilling to talk - a few turns on the rack should be enough.

The stocks and pillory - don't faff around with Community Payback initiatives - erect a set of stocks or a pillory outside the town hall and provide an ample supply of rotting vegetable and fruit.

Any other ideas or suggestions? :twisted:

hank

War Hero
A good talking to from the Head Prefect and no tuck money for a week.

right-grumpy said:
Count.Dracule said:
remove vital organs and transplant them to those who need it!
Now that really is a useful service to the community :D
If their organs are of no use from years of self abuse, then clinical experiments on them to see if the problem can be rectum-fied, then donate :D

diehard57 said:
Does anyone else think that in todays society the punishment doesn't always fit the crime?

My solution would be to reintroduce a few historic examples of punishments as follows

Branding - all convicted muggers, thiefs, shoplifters etc would be branded on their foreheads with a 'M', 'T' or 'SL' thus giving the rest of us a heads-up - no pun intended!

The rack - don't spend hours trying to out-psych a suspect who is unwilling to talk - a few turns on the rack should be enough.

The stocks and pillory - don't faff around with Community Payback initiatives - erect a set of stocks or a pillory outside the town hall and provide an ample supply of rotting vegetable and fruit.

Punishments?
The last two already cost me a sizeable chunk of my salary on a fairly regular basis, you talk about them like its not fun?

diehard57 said:

Now I'm not a lawyer, but I'd bet cash money that the Human Rights Act might frown upon such activities.

Personally, I'd settle for not letting self confessed child rapists off with a caution in the police station. LINK

If you're into, errm, imaginative forms of execution, google 'scaphism'.

Nail scrotum to forehead with rusty 8" nail.

Makes a handy terminal to which to attach the positive lead in case lobotomy is also required. Negative lead can be inserted up bum.