• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

CRF /CCRF ?

ifrits_ghost said:
maybe i'm just sleepy but i cannot think for the live of me what CRF stands for (

i am willing to accept if i dont know then i dont need to know but i'm board so i thought i'd ask.

I_G
Commander Regional Forces?

NOWAH ;)

msr

Assuming you are an officer cadet he is your bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses boss.
Call him sir, he will appreciate it!

Who are you referring to?

extrader said:
Assuming you are an officer cadet he is your bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses boss.
Call him sir, he will appreciate it!
For the love of God, give me a few apostrophes. Even one would be nice.

CCRF ? civilian contingency reaction force . dont know what crf is .Either really dull weekends of stagging on and death by power point. Or fun weekends where to get to play with also sorts of kit . You wont know which till you turn up :lol:

Thanks. Plenty of apostrophes in that PDF.

However, it's all about the CCRF, not the CRF (topic of the original question).

CRF is, quite plainly, chronic renal failure. So maybe it'll be a lecture about booze or summink.

I've read that article properly now.

It is entitled "MOUNTING OFFSHORE OPERATIONS USING THE RESERVE FORCES AND HOW IT IMPACTED ON HOMELAND DEFENCE AND SECURITY - THE UNITED KINGDOM EXPERIENCE." (shouting - author's own)

But that issue (impact of mobilisation on CCRF capability) is only actually addressed head-on in a footnote:

"According to Hansard (26th January 2004), it appears that 765 (10%) of the current members of the CCRF are mobilised
overseas or on active service in the UK. This is not deemed to be critical as the available national and regional manpower is well above requirement."
Really? What if the 10% come predominantly from the same area? In particular, and most relevantly to the paper's supposed topic, what effect did the London Regiment's absence have on London's ability to respond to a civil contingency?

Lots of stuff in the paper about increased mobilisation of the TA for "offshore" operations. But nothing on its impact on CCRF, other than the mere regurgitation of MoD answer quoted above.

Interesting link galgenberg.

Buffy Thompson, supposed to be on our side as a TA Brigadier, fails to mention overstretch or a sustainable level of commitment for the reserves.

First time I've heard of 'offshore' deployments though; I assume these are 6 month tours in Guernsey or Bermuda on TA pay without having to pay tax?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar Army Reserve 88
Lampard Army Reserve 5
msr Army Reserve 43