CRF /CCRF ?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by japseyewarrior, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Commander Regional Forces?

2. msr

msr LE

NOWAH ;)

msr

3. no wah i am that retarded :)
    I_G

4. Assuming you are an officer cadet he is your bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses boss.
    Call him sir, he will appreciate it!

5. msr

msr LE

Who are you referring to?

6. For the love of God, give me a few apostrophes. Even one would be nice.

7. CCRF ? civilian contingency reaction force . dont know what crf is .Either really dull weekends of stagging on and death by power point. Or fun weekends where to get to play with also sorts of kit . You wont know which till you turn up :lol:

8. Thanks. Plenty of apostrophes in that PDF.

However, it's all about the CCRF, not the CRF (topic of the original question).

CRF is, quite plainly, chronic renal failure. So maybe it'll be a lecture about booze or summink.

9. I've read that article properly now.

It is entitled "MOUNTING OFFSHORE OPERATIONS USING THE RESERVE FORCES AND HOW IT IMPACTED ON HOMELAND DEFENCE AND SECURITY - THE UNITED KINGDOM EXPERIENCE." (shouting - author's own)

But that issue (impact of mobilisation on CCRF capability) is only actually addressed head-on in a footnote:

Really? What if the 10% come predominantly from the same area? In particular, and most relevantly to the paper's supposed topic, what effect did the London Regiment's absence have on London's ability to respond to a civil contingency?

Lots of stuff in the paper about increased mobilisation of the TA for "offshore" operations. But nothing on its impact on CCRF, other than the mere regurgitation of MoD answer quoted above.

10. Interesting link galgenberg.

Buffy Thompson, supposed to be on our side as a TA Brigadier, fails to mention overstretch or a sustainable level of commitment for the reserves.

First time I've heard of 'offshore' deployments though; I assume these are 6 month tours in Guernsey or Bermuda on TA pay without having to pay tax?