Crew for TNs

After a somewhat 'interesting' weekend, what is the lowest number of bodies that you have set-up and run a ptarmigan Trunk Node with? Fully tactical like. What should it be per det on average?

Feck I'm knackered, we need some fresh blood in the troop soon.

Your lot were non tac with Ech, HQsqn, OSC and anyone else so blessed watching the FA cup final while the rest of us were getting comms in, stagging on in rain (much of it), cold (much of it) and being dead warry/tired/pissed off.

About 2 hours from end of play one of your guys dropped the wrong mast and blew comms in the middle of the CO doing something on the net, heh. Think the entire group knows about that one by now, dunno who it was though. Almost as bad as the third TN though, their relay was swinging onto the wrong freaking location for ages and blaming us, couldn't even get us after giving em a B6 to swing to (apparently this is bad). The sleeping trade instructor may have upset a few people with the skill his proteges seem to lack.

TA_sig said:
Your lot were non tac with Ech, HQsqn, OSC and anyone else so blessed watching the FA cup final while the rest of us were getting comms in, stagging on in rain (much of it), cold (much of it) and being dead warry/tired/pissed off..
Pull the other one! The only time I worked with northeners I saw what went on, tools down beers out etc.

Well thats the way it goes sometimes mate...badly. To be fair we had no qualified relay ops out on the ground, my det was crewed by a techy and the spsi, unless i am much mistaken

How about this weekend, in Otterburn, all the cam creme you can eat ?

polar69 said:
How about this weekend, in Otterburn, all the cam creme you can eat ?
Erm aren't you forgetting the very important football match on Sunday, that many of your Sqn may be interested in? Some from southern neighbours are parading just down the road from your main 'polar' TAC

TA_Sig

I have seen my TN Tp set up and run a TN (only for a weekend, thank feck) with 9 bods (4 PSI's and 5 TA). We binned the NC wagon and only had 3 RRs out but we did provide 24 sentry cover.

Do I win the prize?

TN = 35 pax minimum but assumes 3 x triple RR
SAN = 10 pax
OSC = 4 pax

If you're short of pax there is only one of two reasons:

1. Inadequate numbers available
2. Inappropriate priority of the EX

1. is a function of recruiting v retention v availability - which is it for you?

Many hands make light work...

It's definately no. of pax available being the major drawback, that and it was FA cup final weekend mit heavy rain. Recruiting and retention are the badgers that most of the TA in. Need fresh blood. Saying that, deploying at less than 1/3rd man power but taking all the toys out, then expecting people to get things up as fast and as well as with full crew, then bollocking them for not doing it, doesn't help the emphusiasm of the crews. I dunno how well it's all meant to go together, but some of them were not too happy after that one, although they probably stopped caring. I don't really feel like playing on the next one though, I'll probably change my mind at some point.

Play the game, go home at end ex.

So far the lowest, unconfirmed contender is 8 bodies, think only 2 relays on that one.

8?

8!!!

For a TN?

It's worse than I possibly imagined. Is the FA Cup final so much of a distraction? (who was playing?) What happened to the other 30 pax that you should have?. How did you get it out in the field, let alone actually working. Did it work?. Who bollocked you? I would have thought someone should have applied 'positive compliments' to thank you for turning up.

Gott und himmell

I think my 9 blerks with 3 RRs is up there with a shout - it wasn't even an FA Cup weekend - just a bog standard Sat & Sun. FA Cup W/E would have been a washout. I'm looking forward to Annual Camp - clashes somewhat with the World Cup - nice.......................... :lol:

I have never worked TN but it was a regular thing for the SAN to deploy with 4-5 people.

Saying I have never worked with TN is a bit of a lie, whenever I was with them I always ended up being rented out to other sqn's who couldn't deploy their own relays.

I have yet to see a TN or SAN fully manned, although i remmeber 1 ex in Germany when the switch had 12 crew :roll:

T-T

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Aviation 5
Gas Gas Gas Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
W Aviation 4