Crew eject from Tornado

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Just came up on the news wires Tornado Crashes on Landing at Lossiemouth.

No link yet

Boxy

GCM
Saves scrapping them I s'pose

John Civie

Old-Salt
2 in 2 months the RAF realy are downsizing the tornado fleet on the quite,
but didnt some old aviator once say any landing you walk away from is a good one espechially for these two post ejection :)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They are starting to be a bit careless and lossing things
Maybe it's a cunning plan to crash all of them so HMG has to stump up for the upgrade of the Tranche 1 Tiffies?

smells like an insurance scam to me claim on your policy get a nice shiny new typhoon to replace crappy old tornado......... cynical?me?

Surely a crash IS a landing?
Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing. As they didn't walk away from this one, it was by definition a crash.

Curious that PPRuNe said the aircraft's on it's wheels on the grass. Loss of directional control? The BoI will tell more, as usual.

smells like an insurance scam to me claim on your policy get a nice shiny new typhoon to replace crappy old tornado......... cynical?me?
That would require, forethought, good planning, and reading the small print. None of these traits are known to inhabit the hallowed halls of the MOD.

Surely just a government ploy to scrap them on the cheap, and not have to get a mention in the SDSR.
Should we start a book on when the next one pancakes?

I think I'd rather drive a Harrier than one of these, the rate they're dropping.

Latest Threads