Cressida Dick looks Stuffed

I think I've mentioned this before but back in the day I became a fed rep & was despatched to Leatherhead on an initial reps course.

Fully fed 3 meals a day whilst on course, no real issue with that. However each evening was a 5 course sit down restaurant meal, involving pheasant & other culinary delights, all at members expense. Then moving onto the bar, where each evening I witnessed regional reps & head sheds of various feds getting tanked up on subsidised ale with their respective company credit cards, aka members subs. Regional reps also had the luxury of brand bew apartments next to the HQ , grace & favour, fully serviced living whilst at Leatgerhead.
Those same reps, tended to eat out most nights whilst in Leatherhead, taking it in turns to pay via the company, (individual fed) credit card.
I've never witnessed such a corrupt, cabal of individuals, gravy train doesn't begin to describe it. This was at the end of McCeevers time. The Welsh bloke who took over was one of those wafting the CC about with abandon during my time at the HQ.
Needless to say I did my 3 Yr term as a local rep then binned it & stopped paying in. Using a group assurance scheme for legal protection.

I wasn't a fan....
Despite all that I remember that a Central Met PC's rep got done for fraud in the early/mid noughties. It was quite substansial fraud as well. He got of with a caution I think and was allowed to resign as he had over 30 years in anyway. His nickname was 'Panda' as he was so fat according to the press.

At least you got represented. I was summoned to Tintagel House for an investigation into a fairly political hot potato, I asked if I could call the Fed at Limehouse, of course smirked the SIO, the fix had already gone in and the yes men of the fed refused me legal representation, so I opted for the right of every defendant and said FA.
Thats disgusting. Most officers only pay the subs in case they need the legal assistance.

jmb3296

War Hero
I thought membership of the Fed was compulsory?
No.
It covers legal expenses representation etc but it is not compulsory. At its best it’s full time officers and unpaid reps are very good and have their members interests at heart.
At its worst you see some of the charactures mentioned above.
In my time where where a full time or unpaid rep looked like they were going that way they didn’t get re-elected and returned to policing.
I did one term as an unpaid fed rep and it was hard graft. At training courses ( two) that I did during my term, neither were residential and the drink provided at a light lunch on all day course was tea, coffee or orange juice.
I was never a member of England and Wales Fed, I was based in Scotland. I can’t speak or account for leatherhead HQ and neither would I want to.

I only ever maintained my fed membership for the legal cover. As a professional body they are toothless. At grass roots level there are some very good people involved. My current local fed do seem to genuinely care. They footed the bill for the funeral of a mate who took his own life.
Their predecessors however were all investigated for very iffy financial dealings. We, the members, never got to hear about the outcome, and only found out about the investigation through the grapevine.
I was involved in a challenge over the application of overtime regulations, and had to go to national fed to get any sense.
It is a real mixed bag. Which I think is part of the problem.

I only ever maintained my fed membership for the legal cover. As a professional body they are toothless. At grass roots level there are some very good people involved. My current local fed do seem to genuinely care. They footed the bill for the funeral of a mate who took his own life.
Their predecessors however were all investigated for very iffy financial dealings. We, the members, never got to hear about the outcome, and only found out about the investigation through the grapevine.
I was involved in a challenge over the application of overtime regulations, and had to go to national fed to get any sense.
It is a real mixed bag. Which I think is part of the problem.
Totally agree, we had several fed secretaries during my time, one of which I'd rate as good. The others, just snouts in the trough types. One of these retired & walked straight into a civilian post with Professional Standards. Affectionately known as Judas....

In my experience at the local level, you got the new bloke looking to be elected, promising a better deal locally for the blokes on shift, soon as they got elected they were offered a 9-5 every weekend off job by the local governor, all promises went out the window.

Caption time?!
3099EB57-F3B0-4724-9310-90543579A6B0.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Ms Dick out and about with her Minders,
“now listen I know you think we should have arrested that man but after a stern telling off I’m sure pretty he won’t be causing us any more trouble”
”Fine by me ma’am but that was a big knife he had and that big bag of drugs looked a bit more than for personal use and I’m also pretty sure he threatened to kill us”
”Yes but we must learn lessons and he will respect us for sending him on his way.”

That can't be legit,surely?
Was featured on the News today - Cressida on a walkabout. One for the Thin Blue Line thread perhaps?!

“Look, I know the big fella on my right is a bit overweight, but at least he’s not ginger”.

Is Jabba a PCSO? Hard to tell from that pic.

The big lad is a PCSO....and Dame Cressida is a very small human being.

Latest Threads