Cressida Dick looks Stuffed

Probably outvoted by the carrots as the D.I.s were in 1994 when the Inspector ranks voted to take a £3,500 allowance instead of overtime.
A couple of other theories spring up in my cynical mind though.
Yea a pal was on Metfed constables central committee, I know he had the severe hump when the national fed built their Hotel/ gym/ country retreat ..... sorry new HQ in Leatherhead, whilst they were trying to raise funds for the rehab centre (Flint House?)

I think the metfed also put a motion forward that the home secretary.... May.... be barred from conference don't think it went anywhere.

I heard a rumour the rest of the fed were keen for The Met Fed to go their own way. It went that The Met were burning through far more Fed money for disciplinary representation than other forces and it was disproportionate even given their size.

Not sure how true this is.

That's a bit off Andy - comparing all those people to Guardian readers.
Yep, some sex trafficking drug dealer will be suing me for what I wrote, claiming he can't read, the Guardian or anything else, and now has PTSD.

I heard a rumour the rest of the fed were keen for The Met Fed to go their own way. It went that The Met were burning through far more Fed money for disciplinary representation than other forces and it was disproportionate even given their size.

Not sure how true this is.
To be fair, the Fed only employed a barrister to defend me because the Met had employed a barrister to get me fired. Kept my job but the fine levied was that of the Met barristers fee

To be fair, the Fed only employed a barrister to defend me because the Met had employed a barrister to get me fired. Kept my job but the fine levied was that of the Met barristers fee
At least you got represented. I was summoned to Tintagel House for an investigation into a fairly political hot potato, I asked if I could call the Fed at Limehouse, of course smirked the SIO, the fix had already gone in and the yes men of the fed refused me legal representation, so I opted for the right of every defendant and said FA.

Pensions not paid until you are 60. Having to do 35 years to qualify. Only half of annual salary instead of two thirds as pension and having to pay 15% pension contributions instead of 11%. Rent/Housing allowance or rent free married quarter or section house gone. Host of other allowances gone like free dental care. Most PC's of the Edmund Davies generation seem to have bought their house within the MPD or within 26 miles of Charing Cross instead of having to commute up to 100 miles to work.

We will have to agree to disagree again.

I did actually mention those who were in the job before the Edmund Davies generation.
If you read my assertion again.
Roughly £45 a week in 1977 is now worth around £13,000 p.a. at current rates.
Not even the national minimum wage.
Joining the Met today and getting £30,000 in your first year appears to be a bit of a bargain to me.
We really will have to agree to disagree.

I did actually mention those who were in the job before the Edmund Davies generation.
Joining the Met today and getting £30,000 in your first year appears to be a bit of a bargain to me.
Well £45 a week was a lot more than I and most other squaddies were getting at the time. I got about £120 a month in the bank in 1976. Married guys had to claim benefits just to feed their famillies.

RABC

LE
Well £45 a week was a lot more than I and most other squaddies were getting at the time. I got about £120 a month in the bank in 1976. Married guys had to claim benefits just to feed their famillies.

I seem to recall in 1972, something called “Threshold pay”, in my monthly pay statement.

Twice what a young soldier was on at the time.

That's the one, with this and the money 'resting ' in various accounts (father ted walts) I don't think I'd be paying fed subs anymore.

And if anyone on here is still in any doubt about how the Home Office outplayed and outgunned the Police Federation, leading to a total capitulation on Winsor then look no further.

Only £26 million?
While the Met Federation operated out of an office or two in a Police Station built in 1899.
I think that the same £26 million could have been better used in a more productive way for the benefit of the national membership at that time.
Like batting off the Winsor reforms perhaps.
Just a thought.

Twice what a young soldier was on at the time.

That might be true depending on the rank of that same young soldier, but the £45 a week then was gross before basic rate tax at 34% for all of us.
And National Insurance at 6.5% also at that time
I did say that in an earlier post that the '60s and '70s were shit for all of the working classes.
Whatever uniform you wore.

That might be true depending on the rank of that same young soldier, but the £45 a week then was gross before basic rate tax at 34% for all of us.
And National Insurance at 6.5% also at that time
I did say that in an earlier post that the '60s and '70s were shit for all of the working classes.
Whatever uniform you wore.
Yep,
No foreign holidays, few family cars, plenty of substandard housing that was freezing cold for half a year, work that really was hard with minimal health and safety etc.

It's one reason why the army was so well recruited. Squaddies had indoor ablutions, unlimited hot water, radiators, single beds to themselves*, plenty of scoff, travel to exotic locations and pocket money for beer and fags.

*If you lived in say a Salford slum, you might not have grown up with any of that, even in the early 70s. Outdoor bog, 3 kids in a bed, greatcoats for blankets and damp on the walls. Food bought on tick or not at all.

Yep,
No foreign holidays, few family cars, plenty of substandard housing that was freezing cold for half a year, work that really was hard with minimal health and safety etc.

It's one reason why the army was so well recruited. Squaddies had indoor ablutions, unlimited hot water, radiators, single beds to themselves*, plenty of scoff, travel to exotic locations and pocket money for beer and fags.

*If you lived in say a Salford slum, you might not have grown up with any of that, even in the early 70s. Outdoor bog, 3 kids in a bed, greatcoats for blankets and damp on the walls. Food bought on tick or not at all.
True to a degree. The first house I lived in, in East Manchester, had an outside bog. But I remember plenty of times when the block had no heating, no hot water.

And if anyone on here is still in any doubt about how the Home Office outplayed and outgunned the Police Federation, leading to a total capitulation on Winsor then look no further.

Only £26 million?
While the Met Federation operated out of an office or two in a Police Station built in 1899.
I think that the same £26 million could have been better used in a more productive way for the benefit of the national membership at that time.
Like batting off the Winsor reforms perhaps.
Just a thought.

I think I've mentioned this before but back in the day I became a fed rep & was despatched to Leatherhead on an initial reps course.

Fully fed 3 meals a day whilst on course, no real issue with that. However each evening was a 5 course sit down restaurant meal, involving pheasant & other culinary delights, all at members expense. Then moving onto the bar, where each evening I witnessed regional reps & head sheds of various feds getting tanked up on subsidised ale with their respective company credit cards, aka members subs. Regional reps also had the luxury of brand bew apartments next to the HQ , grace & favour, fully serviced living whilst at Leatgerhead.
Those same reps, tended to eat out most nights whilst in Leatherhead, taking it in turns to pay via the company, (individual fed) credit card.
I've never witnessed such a corrupt, cabal of individuals, gravy train doesn't begin to describe it. This was at the end of McCeevers time. The Welsh bloke who took over was one of those wafting the CC about with abandon during my time at the HQ.
Needless to say I did my 3 Yr term as a local rep then binned it & stopped paying in. Using a group assurance scheme for legal protection.

I wasn't a fan....

I think I've mentioned this before but back in the day I became a fed rep & was despatched to Leatherhead on an initial reps course.

Fully fed 3 meals a day whilst on course, no real issue with that. However each evening was a 5 course sit down restaurant meal, involving pheasant & other culinary delights, all at members expense. Then moving onto the bar, where each evening I witnessed regional reps & head sheds of various feds getting tanked up on subsidised ale with their respective company credit cards, aka members subs. Regional reps also had the luxury of brand bew apartments next to the HQ , grace & favour, fully serviced living whilst at Leatgerhead.
Those same reps, tended to eat out most nights whilst in Leatherhead, taking it in turns to pay via the company, (individual fed) credit card.
I've never witnessed such a corrupt, cabal of individuals, gravy train doesn't begin to describe it. This was at the end of McCeevers time. The Welsh bloke who took over was one of those wafting the CC about with abandon during my time at the HQ.
Needless to say I did my 3 Yr term as a local rep then binned it & stopped paying in. Using a group assurance scheme for legal protection.

I wasn't a fan....
FFS that is properly bent, we all knew the fed were getting a lunch at the sports club every few months and a couple of weeks on the piss at conference. It was accepted, this was members money, I'm lost for words.

I wasn't a fan....
That's better than Westminster...

Latest Threads