Cressida Dick looks Stuffed

Slime

LE
In my 26 years with Avon and Somerset Police all of which was spent in Bristol on uniform, vice ,drugs, CID and SB I can vouch for so any piss poor examples of poor discipline, lack of professionalism and downright laziness. Leaving dirty crockery etc after their meals. I’m a cop not a cleaner! Uniform and plain cars left with no fuel and chip wrappers inside. Late on parade, and as mentioned before turning up in a shit state. Now I’m no angel, but as stated earlier a military style of college run with proper and fair discipline would be the way to go. It will of course never happen now. I get some assurance in knowing that there are still a lot of good and hard working cops out there doing a thankless and getting more difficult job.
Bearing the length of time you spent in the streets in Bristol, and bearing in mind your avatar name, I now have a very distinct image of what you look like!

It took me a while to figure out whether that was a satirical skit or not.

I'm still not entirely certain. Sign of the times I suppose...
Satire mate, but he must have got the idea from somewhere, cannot for the life of me think where though.
There a couple of other videos of his on YouTube, and they are just as accurate in his observation of life today.
Sadly.

Satire mate, but he must have got the idea from somewhere, cannot for the life of me think where though.
There a couple of other videos of his on YouTube, and they are just as accurate in his observation of life today.
Sadly.

I eventually figured out that it was satire.

What swayed me in that direction was that the encounter ended without violent cursing, an offender spitting in someone's face, and then a stabbing :smile:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
As I have said before on this site, in my experience, the overwhelming majority do support her. Across a number of teams I have worked with or shared changeovers with, in several departments, I can think of plenty who, when the subject has come up, have opined that they think she is a very good commish. I actually genuinely cannot think of any voicing that they think she was bad, and I can think of many with bad things to say about Bernie (and a few other senior leaders).

I disagree with the Fed in many things, but I believe they are right with this statement. I've heard it voiced a few times from several people that she is probably one of the top three commissioners of recent years. I have no yardstick other than Bernie, I wasn't in before his time and consequently I've always been interested to hear what it was like compared to now.

It is also fascinating to note that there is a real divide on 'ex-met' social media pages. Those serving are by and large very pro-Cress. Those who have left, who also blame an amusing amount of what is wrong with the modern met on the closing of canteens, tend to be anti.

Slime

LE
Slime, would you know me from the job here in A and S?

I don’t know, but do know Stan the man was one of Bristol’s most well known characters :)

. . . Those who have left, who also blame an amusing amount of what is wrong with the modern met on the closing of canteens, tend to be anti.
What's that about . . .?!

Why, when, where ?!

Slime

LE
That was my Nickname in the Army. Very few in Avon and Somerset would know me by that.

I was referring to this chap. One of Bristol’s most well kmown residents for quite a few years, mostly seen dressed like this, but on roller skates instead of trainers.
He would skate around Broadmead daily :)

Stan the man:
F60F72A9-9F1F-49E9-8B2B-45BD86975B3E.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I was referring to this chap. One of Bristol’s most well kmown residents for quite a few years, mostly seen dressed like this, but on roller skates instead of trainers.
He would skate around Broadmead daily :)

Stan the man:
View attachment 603296
That’s his persec blown :slow: :slow: :slow:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Slime

LE

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Hardly, The original Stan was never in the police.
I was joking, I thought you’d get it. Come on it’s Friday.

Slime

LE
I was joking, I thought you’d get it. Come on it’s Friday.

Yes, I’m sorry.
I did get it, but couldnt come up with a better reply.
The best I could think of was that Stan was in the fashion police, but didn’t think that was good enough :)

stantheman

Old-Salt
I do recognise him now I see a photo. Thankfully I look nothing like that, much less hair and slightly more around my waist.

What's that about . . .?!

Why, when, where ?!

Honestly it's not that exciting, just dinosaurs same as everywhere else - the equivalent on here would probably be the sort of person who thought everything went wrong when the Army ditched .303 or puttees.

There used to be a heavy 'canteen culture' - teams would all sit down for job breakfasts, the sergeant would task people to go out as calls came in. The RT driver would never leave unless something worthy of his lofty status came in (i.,e. a pursuit, a murder or something requiring no paperwork). Every nick had that had a canteen, and every one, no doubt, had its variation of the story that the probationer sat down for breakfast and the Sergeant picked it up, binned it, and told the probationer to f.uck off and not come back until they had three processes, or stop searches, or arrests etc.

Then cuts came, and they went and of course everything got worse. And it must be because of the moral cowardice of whoever got rid of the canteens, and lowered recruiting standards! The Station Stamp was harmless teambuilding and not an example of hazing bordering on sexual assault. Rather that than admit that the world they policed isn't there any more...

As an example of a few differences which this sort of person doesn't quite acknowledge is that when all these wonderous canteens existed, on my old borough for instance, there were three response teams for the area, each only covering its sector, and each parading as many officers, sometimes more, than when the single response team of later years covered the lot. The call volume has steadily climbed. The ability to bosh off the unimportant or unsolveable rubbish had declined. If someone wasn't interested in reporting a crime, then unless it was something very serious, you didn't record it, but wrote it off as "no offences alleged or apparent." Not necessarily in line with Home Office Counting Rules, but certainly it allowed for officers to concentrate on catching criminals.

We aren't there now. I'm a member of those sites because every now and then you get a thread of gold. Hearing reminiscences of people who worked my area, or knew officers on my area who were killed in the line of duty and who participated in the manhunts, who bring something personal to the stories of these men who we still remember to this day are worth the rather more numerous miserable sods who moan about snowflakes and twitter, or that Cressida Dick bats for the other team, or that we no longer lock people in a cell and forget about them over the weekend.

Honestly it's not that exciting, just dinosaurs same as everywhere else - the equivalent on here would probably be the sort of person who thought everything went wrong when the Army ditched .303 or puttees.

There used to be a heavy 'canteen culture' - teams would all sit down for job breakfasts, the sergeant would task people to go out as calls came in. The RT driver would never leave unless something worthy of his lofty status came in (i.,e. a pursuit, a murder or something requiring no paperwork). Every nick had that had a canteen, and every one, no doubt, had its variation of the story that the probationer sat down for breakfast and the Sergeant picked it up, binned it, and told the probationer to f.uck off and not come back until they had three processes, or stop searches, or arrests etc.

Then cuts came, and they went and of course everything got worse. And it must be because of the moral cowardice of whoever got rid of the canteens, and lowered recruiting standards! The Station Stamp was harmless teambuilding and not an example of hazing bordering on sexual assault. Rather that than admit that the world they policed isn't there any more...

As an example of a few differences which this sort of person doesn't quite acknowledge is that when all these wonderous canteens existed, on my old borough for instance, there were three response teams for the area, each only covering its sector, and each parading as many officers, sometimes more, than when the single response team of later years covered the lot. The call volume has steadily climbed. The ability to bosh off the unimportant or unsolveable rubbish had declined. If someone wasn't interested in reporting a crime, then unless it was something very serious, you didn't record it, but wrote it off as "no offences alleged or apparent." Not necessarily in line with Home Office Counting Rules, but certainly it allowed for officers to concentrate on catching criminals.

We aren't there now. I'm a member of those sites because every now and then you get a thread of gold. Hearing reminiscences of people who worked my area, or knew officers on my area who were killed in the line of duty and who participated in the manhunts, who bring something personal to the stories of these men who we still remember to this day are worth the rather more numerous miserable sods who moan about snowflakes and twitter, or that Cressida Dick bats for the other team, or that we no longer lock people in a cell and forget about them over the weekend.

I recently read an interesting book from that period:

Talking Blues by Roger Graef.

Anonymous interviews with coppers of all ranks and from many different forces.

Fascinating - sometimes compelling - reading to say the least.

Latest Threads