Cressida Dick appointed as new Commissioner of the Met

Breaking news.
Not a bad comeback considering her involvement in the de Menezes debacle.
So, was she the best candidate, or is it a box ticking selection? Any of our own plod care to comment?

offog

LE
There are not many police officers whose name I would recognise and why I remembered them. I couldn't even tell you the name of our local commissioner who has just retired (jumped) on Monday.

At least she can make a decision.

I think the appointments committee have a sense of humour and just couldn't help themselves.

I'm sure she will be the equal to anything that has gone before.

NSP

LE
She clearly demonstrates that being the one in charge during the shooting of an unarmed foreigner not only won't get you sent down but will in fact enhance your career.

Blackman must be looking forward to the upcoming quashing of his conviction followed by his immediate release and reinstatement, on that basis.

Yes, I'm being flippant. There's a CA version of this if you want sense and seriousness.

Last edited:

Bob Upndown

War Hero
There are not many police officers whose name I would recognise and why I remembered them. I couldn't even tell you the name of our local commissioner who has just retired (jumped) on Monday.

Hopefully one or two of them will be the correct ones in future...

NSP

LE
So, where's all the snowflake right-ons with their placards and their protesting, then...?

still staggin

War Hero
In my experience nothing ever got better in the job.

As we were once told at a briefing by a C. Supt . "Things will get worse before they get worse".
Lots of change but no progress, as ever.

Last edited:

Bob Upndown

War Hero
I think the appointments committee have a sense of humour and just couldn't help themselves.

I'm sure she will be the equal to anything that has gone before.
So that's The Met continuing to be fukced then??!

No she can't. Ops room on day of the Brazilian was a mess and she dithered so badly it grossly affected the unfortunate outcome... allegedly.

There's a similar thread on CA for those who wish to follow a stultifyingly boring discussion on the same subject, or else who want to have their posts deleted for one of a thousand mystifying reasons.

Going through the candidates, her cv - death of Jean Charles de Menezes notwithstanding - has a lot of quite meaty roles to it, particularly regarding Counter Terrorism, which is of course the big hot topic at the moment. A lot of people in the job were quietly rooting for Steve Kavanagh but he realistically had an outside chance at best.

Is this good news for the Met? All our big changes are already in the works regarding the way Response and Neighbourhood teams are being handled. If she chooses to change all that, I can't say I think she could make it especially worse. It already feels like watching a train wreck about to happen.

On balance, I'm interested to see how things go. I'd like to say I feel optimistic, but it's more that I feel hopeful...

Going through the candidates, her cv - death of Jean Charles de Menezes notwithstanding - has a lot of quite meaty roles to it, particularly regarding Counter Terrorism, which is of course the big hot topic at the moment. A lot of people in the job were quietly rooting for Steve Kavanagh but he realistically had an outside chance at best.

Is this good news for the Met? All our big changes are already in the works regarding the way Response and Neighbourhood teams are being handled. If she chooses to change all that, I can't say I think she could make it especially worse. It already feels like watching a train wreck about to happen.

On balance, I'm interested to see how things go. I'd like to say I feel optimistic, but it's more that I feel hopeful...
I feel like I've read this somewhere before...

Breaking news.
Not a bad comeback considering her involvement in the de Menezes debacle.
So, was she the best candidate, or is it a box ticking selection? Any of our own plod care to comment?

I think one of the biggest boxes ticked is the fact that she is allegedly a member of Common Purpose.

Remember Joyce Thacker of Rotherham Child Sevices was a member as well.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. One of the most senior officers in the old Lothian and Borders Farce went on record stating that promoting diversity and equality were more important than fighting crime.

After the de Menzies debacle, the silly bitch should have spent the remainder of her career making coffee for real coppers. Ironically, Dick is untouchable because she has a vagina.:rolleyes:

Latest Threads