creepy story...

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by maguire, Mar 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. Erm.... The buildup was intriguing but the link did not seem to work, at least using Safari and Opera as browsers. Maybe the paper hates people with Macs but all I could see were the ads.

Now I am going to be up all night googling "ripped tent" "running half naked" etc
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

4. Maguire:

Thanks, it is an intriguing and strange story. We may never know what happened. Radioactive contamination issue is interesting. Given the state of metering in that era, and Soviet equipment beinng worse than ours for the most part not surprising not much would be learned. Nowadays a beta-gamma spectrograph the size of a walkie talkie would provide the name or names of the isotopes involved in a few seconds. The really puzzling part is contamination of the clothes but not apparently the area.

Thanks for posting this.
  5. Flawed story. Have anyone been cross country skiing? In the back country the snow is normally bollock deep; and as any once can testify who is as bad a skier as me, it's a bloody pain in the arse when you fall or lose your ski, let alone trying to run in it.
  6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Bit of a cross between Deliverance and the Blair Witch Project which as it turned out wasn't a documentry on Cheries' haircut
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'the Blair Witch Project which as it turned out wasn't a documentry on Cheries' haircut'

I got similarly confused with Jaws. :(

incidentally, a russian internet friend tells me a theory over there is that in certain types of hypothermia, the victim when they are close to death can feel as though theyre burning up and rips all their clothes off - now I imagine there are people here who know far more about hypothermia than me here, but surely if you're that far gone the last thing you'd be capable of is a brisk semi naked tab for a mile in -30C temperatures?
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I have heard this theory that before you freeze to death you actually feel warm and get your strength back and you think you have come through the other side so to speak
    You and I may have solved the mystery :D
  9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

ok, I might buy that... the other injuries? the radiation? all nine people feeling the same way at the same time?

not being fitey, btw - I think that might explain some of it, but not all.
  10. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

FFS, they were students, camping, in woods, middle of nowhere. 7 blokes 2birds. They were obviously playing kiss chase or strip poker, while player spin the bottle at the same time. The birds ran off because the blokes wanted to shoot all over their faces but the birds wanted in their gobs. The blokes gave chase, all died of stupidity.