Credit Check - Debt Question

Hey,

I'm 28 now and I've waited years and years to sign up because of a couple of stupid things I done when I was younger.. now that I'm considered "rehabilitated" I've finally submitted my application, only to find out that I might trip up because of debt issues...

I don't owe ten's of thousands... but it adds up to maybe 6 or 7k and I do have a couple of CCJ's from earlier this year - which I haven't been able to resolve due to being dirt poor.

My question is this... does anyone know WHICH army jobs require a credit check before entry???

I'd hate to get told that I can't join because I owe wonga money...

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
another question, would being bankrupt stop you getting into today's Army at all ?

U

UkSam1990

Hey,

I'm 28 now and I've waited years and years to sign up because of a couple of stupid things I done when I was younger.. now that I'm considered "rehabilitated" I've finally submitted my application, only to find out that I might trip up because of debt issues...

I don't owe ten's of thousands... but it adds up to maybe 6 or 7k and I do have a couple of CCJ's from earlier this year - which I haven't been able to resolve due to being dirt poor.

My question is this... does anyone know WHICH army jobs require a credit check before entry???

I'd hate to get told that I can't join because I owe wonga money...

Why dont you just say what jobs you want to go for and maybe someone can advise you based on those, rather than listing every job that requires a credit check.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
There is a rule as to the amount of debt you can join the Army with (max 35% of pay in training) and it is extant for every job in the Army. A mortgage will be looked at slightly differently.

You must declare bankruptcy and CCJs can also bar enlistment.

Latest Threads