Credit card customer service centres..... UK based??

Does any one know of a UK credit card company, or bank, that has it's help centre based in the UK?
Calls to my credit card company, take twice as long, because the staff at the other end of the phone, don't speak English as their first language.

HSBC - whenever I ring them they're in Edinburgh.

Alliance and Leicester

I have currently both a online current account and credit card and when i have called, their service centres have both been in the UK

Coutts have a call center in Bond street, staffed by ex-millionaires

Nationwide.

Also Smile, although I wouldn't recommend them.

Nationwide are good because you can use your cards anywhere in the world without those 'hidden charges' that the others love to impose.

Just left a high street bank for a temp job between now and sign on date, and to be honest, all the UK banks are realising the error of their ways in having offshored customer contact sites - so over the coming months expect to hear a british voice whenever you call your bank, no matter who you bank with!

Be aware, though, that when a bank claims to have "no call centres abroad", this is entirely different from having all of the banks work kept in the UK. Things like Change of Address, Periodic Payments et al are generally done offshore no matter who you bank with.

Hagar said:
Just spoke to Tesco Personal Finance this morning in UK. Also get Clubcard points etc when you use the card and like most currently have offers on transfers (cheeky buggered offered to transfer any other cards I may have for me!!)

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/finance/creditcards/index.jsp
Just remember that Tescos' main shareholders are Shirley Porter and her son. She still hasn't paid her fines for kicking poor people out of houses in Westminster so she could replace them with rich ones who would vote for her.

Grownup_Rafbrat said:
Hagar said:
Just spoke to Tesco Personal Finance this morning in UK. Also get Clubcard points etc when you use the card and like most currently have offers on transfers (cheeky buggered offered to transfer any other cards I may have for me!!)

http://www.tescofinance.com/personal/finance/finance/creditcards/index.jsp
Just remember that Tescos' main shareholders are Shirley Porter and her son. She still hasn't paid her fines for kicking poor people out of houses in Westminster so she could replace them with rich ones who would vote for her.
... and that should prevent me or anyone else from:

shopping at Tesco?
getting a credit card?
investing in shares?

Hagar said:
[Just remember that Tescos' main shareholders are Shirley Porter and her son. She still hasn't paid her fines for kicking poor people out of houses in Westminster so she could replace them with rich ones who would vote for her.
... and that should prevent me or anyone else from:

shopping at Tesco?
getting a credit card?
investing in shares?[/quote]

Depends on your personal ethics. Personally I do none of the things you quote. She owes millions in fines she says she can't afford to pay, and yet has just bought a 1.5 million pound town house in Chelsea. I know you can't live in a vacuum, and that my little gesture will mean nothing to her, but I believe she has seriously taken the pi$$ out of the British Justice System, and I don't want any of my own hard-earned cash to subsidise her lifestyle. I'd like others to make an informed decision too.

SkiBum said:
Does any one know of a UK credit card company, or bank, that has it's help centre based in the UK?
Calls to my credit card company, take twice as long, because the staff at the other end of the phone, don't speak English as their first language.
I can talk woopert/chav/noddy......and open to perswasion....
dance cheek to cheek with donkeys and mules! and UK based...but ya must have done a LRPC!!!

The COOPERATIVE Bank is quite good and pay reasonable interest on current accounts. They also have no charges so long as you stay in credit. You normally get a Scouser answering, whether that qualifies as English is up to you to decide.