Credit card customer service centres..... UK based??

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by SkiBum, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does any one know of a UK credit card company, or bank, that has it's help centre based in the UK?
    Calls to my credit card company, take twice as long, because the staff at the other end of the phone, don't speak English as their first language.

2. MBNA - they do virgin, abbey amongst others.

3. first direct; have no problems with them

4. HSBC - whenever I ring them they're in Edinburgh.

5. Natwest and RBS are all UK based.

6. Alliance and Leicester

I have currently both a online current account and credit card and when i have called, their service centres have both been in the UK

7. Vanquis have a call center and head office in Chatham, Kent. They're all cnuts though....

8. Many thanks for the replies.
    I'll look into the banks mentioned.

SkiBum.

9. Coutts have a call center in Bond street, staffed by ex-millionaires

10. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Nationwide.

Also Smile, although I wouldn't recommend them.

Nationwide are good because you can use your cards anywhere in the world without those 'hidden charges' that the others love to impose.

11. That's just as Bad !! :D

12. Just left a high street bank for a temp job between now and sign on date, and to be honest, all the UK banks are realising the error of their ways in having offshored customer contact sites - so over the coming months expect to hear a british voice whenever you call your bank, no matter who you bank with!

Be aware, though, that when a bank claims to have "no call centres abroad", this is entirely different from having all of the banks work kept in the UK. Things like Change of Address, Periodic Payments et al are generally done offshore no matter who you bank with.

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Just remember that Tescos' main shareholders are Shirley Porter and her son. She still hasn't paid her fines for kicking poor people out of houses in Westminster so she could replace them with rich ones who would vote for her.

14. ... and that should prevent me or anyone else from:

shopping at Tesco?
    getting a credit card?
    investing in shares?