Creative Mounting Ideas

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by guzzijon, Sep 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a sword- that's a bayonet to the ungodly amongst you- and I'd very much like to stick it in something to make it look nice; some sort of box I suppose which could be screwed to the wall. Anyone got any ideas? I had thought of just stabbing it into the plaster as a nice talking point, or putting a cord through the wirecutter lug hole in the blade as an avant garde lightpull. The other half thinks I'm a bit of a cunt (although I'm paraphrasing). Someone must've done this sort of thing.
  2. [​IMG]

Grandad had this on his desk.Quite a talking point.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. That's some fancy woodwork, probably beyond my skill level. What's the emblem?
  4. It's a Sanskrit good luck symbol.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Really?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Quite so T.T.

edited for slippery fingers.
  7. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 10
  8. It's well known that Hitler loved Tommy Cooper.
  9. Back on topic, why not get a lump of granite and do the 'Sword in the Stone' thing?
  10. Yeah but I'd have to have the cunt in my house, then his missus would pitch up moaning about how he spent all his time pinned to my sitting room wall just so my sword could be nicely displayed, then I'd have to buy another one to run her through with and before you know it I've got the fucking Blair family, Brown, Prescott, Blunkett (and his fucking dog), Bercow (and his fucking dog) and half the fucking House of Commons pinned to the walls of my house with an out-of-control sword collection. I don't really want to go to that much trouble.
  11. I believe that the Kama Sutra is full of helpful creative mounting ideas. Perhaps you could consult your local library to see if they have a copy?

12. Go to the house of commons with a few boxes of swords and decorate their walls with impaled politicians. Cheaper than wallpaper and a lot more thought provoking. You can stick with the 70's burgundy flock wallpaper instead.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I have to agree with Stoatman.
    I was most vexed to see what the subject matter of this thread was, when it could have been infinitely more interesting!