• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Creases

Ever since I joined I've always put creases into my uniform, making sure they go directly through the centre of badges, etc.

However, I wasn't in last week (31/1) and I was told last wednesday by a comrade that we weren't meant to have creases anymore...

What?! :shock:

What's the score with this? I think the Brigadier's in next week and understandably I don't want to look a pleb...

One person says you need creases (dicipline and smartness) and another says you don't because it makes uniform wear more quickly :shakefist:

One day this army will sing in tune!

Out of interest are you in the RIFLES?

I was always told they didnt crease uniforms.

"Do everything that is neccessary and nothing that is not!"

But it does wreck the uniform if ironed excessively.

CM145

Why not go in a pair of Blue PT shorts, and iron creases into your naked arms, stitch your badges to your skin and prior to sitting down, in a smart soldier like manner, tell him your number rank and name, and give a brief, but simple explanation why you are in your current state of dress.

He will be impressed and speechless and will never ever question your dedication.

As you salute, turn about and leave wiggle your little ass in a way that will have him salivating.

There is a school of thought that suggests that ironing of uniform may increase the IR signature.....does that matter? Creases are unimportant looking smart and presentable (clean boots and pressed kit) normally creates a good first impression. Does that matter to you?

Dogma said:
There is a school of thought that suggests that ironing of uniform may increase the IR signature.....does that matter? Creases are unimportant looking smart and presentable (clean boots and pressed kit) normally creates a good first impression. Does that matter to you?
IR signature???

Only if you use Soap on the inside of creases???
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If they stop the creases I'd have to rebel and put the creases in anyway. Our uniform looks shit without the creases, trust me I have seen them, I've just completed part B of recruits training.

If im on ops i dont iron a bloody thing
In camp i tumble dry and have a look if its ok wear it if not iron it flat
Not hard why get stressed in the little things.
Also on to polishing boots the army give me boots but dont give me polish or brushes so if they need polishing i do them if they dont i dont simple.
Why complicate life

"women of the opposite sex" polar69 as apposed to what? women of the same sex??

I_G

ps. i think ironed kit looks better and until they tell me not to i will carry on ironing it.

Other than field kit - which is well for field work - there is no harm in pressing your kit (so tha everything is flat).
Creases for special occasions is fine too such as the visit you mention. Someone in your unit wants you to look smart - they are probably higher than you so i would put a crease in to be on the safe side.

Normally recruits are told to press their kit as a way of instilling standards. Standards which are relaxed upon completion of recruit training (i.e creases relaxed to just a good press). However for certain occasions you may be asked to put creases in and if this is the case then as a good soldier thats what you do.

As always no solution fits all occasions and nor should it - there is a right time and place for everything - keep that in mind in all that you do with the Army and you will not go far wrong.

Cheers

Latest Threads