Creases or not?!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SHRECK_666, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before we all start taking the P*ss I am after serious replies!!
    I have transfered TA units, my last unit wanted creases in trousers, shirt and smocks.. New unit after being complemented by CSM for my cracking creases in my trousers said loose them else you will be billed for new pair?! So creases in trousers or not??!!!

I look forward to the many replies and whit to come my way

Thanks guys Shreck

2. Just do as The Man tells you, for it is written that they are never wrong.

Ever. 8)

3. Not in trousers. EVER!

4. The official line is no creases in DPM, but as mentioned above, whatever the man says is law.

5. always had creases....usually on the inside leg because that bit is a foocker to iron!

6. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

What unit is this? Sounds awesome, less ironing!

My one demands creases in shirt and trousers, not smocks, in camp. In the field we tend not to mind if your trousers arn't creased or your smock, as you tend to be absolutely filthy in figures few!

7. Oft heard in my youth (a long, long time ago):

"Combats is for dying' in, not ironin'"

8. Wow, I like the sound of that Unit,

My Unit is creases in shirt and trousers.

9. I had always ironed smock, shirt, trousers what I got tought from week 1 day 1 and always done same in TA just find it odd for getting bollocking for ironing kit!! You here talk about your not supossed to iron CS95 as it damages the fabric and removes the IRR but whats the queens reg for it?!!
    Thanks for all the replies looks like it depends on god er CSM!

10. Iron it yes, but without the creases in the arms and legs, or even worse, across the back!

11. Of course, I should have added that this was in the day when we had barrack dress and working dress as well as combats. So there was probably more ironing then as there is with CS 95. We didn't iron combats as we only wore them in the field and on guard.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I ironed C95 in Bos, and never in camp...

Go figure..

13. Big badge = always correct.

14. Small badge= Always wrong?!

15. Sorry shreck, the man with the big badge was always correct, especially on a Monday morning.