Creases or not?!

#1
Before we all start taking the P*ss I am after serious replies!!
I have transfered TA units, my last unit wanted creases in trousers, shirt and smocks.. New unit after being complemented by CSM for my cracking creases in my trousers said loose them else you will be billed for new pair?! So creases in trousers or not??!!!

I look forward to the many replies and whit to come my way

Thanks guys Shreck
 
#4
The official line is no creases in DPM, but as mentioned above, whatever the man says is law.
 

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
#6
What unit is this? Sounds awesome, less ironing!

My one demands creases in shirt and trousers, not smocks, in camp. In the field we tend not to mind if your trousers arn't creased or your smock, as you tend to be absolutely filthy in figures few!
 
#7
Oft heard in my youth (a long, long time ago):

"Combats is for dying' in, not ironin'"
 
#9
I had always ironed smock, shirt, trousers what I got tought from week 1 day 1 and always done same in TA just find it odd for getting bollocking for ironing kit!! You here talk about your not supossed to iron CS95 as it damages the fabric and removes the IRR but whats the queens reg for it?!!
Thanks for all the replies looks like it depends on god er CSM!
 
#10
Iron it yes, but without the creases in the arms and legs, or even worse, across the back!
 
#11
LordVonHarley said:
Wow, I like the sound of that Unit,

My Unit is creases in shirt and trousers.
Of course, I should have added that this was in the day when we had barrack dress and working dress as well as combats. So there was probably more ironing then as there is with CS 95. We didn't iron combats as we only wore them in the field and on guard.
 
#15
Sorry shreck, the man with the big badge was always correct, especially on a Monday morning.
 
#16
LordVonHarley said:
Wow, I like the sound of that Unit,

My Unit is creases in shirt and trousers.
Mine too......havn't heard of such a lenient RSM before!
 
#17
The reason combats should be ironed flat rather than with sharp creases is that the crease edges show up on Radar.
 
#18
SHRECK_666 said:
I had always ironed smock, shirt, trousers what I got tought from week 1 day 1 and always done same in TA just find it odd for getting bollocking for ironing kit!! You here talk about your not supossed to iron CS95 as it damages the fabric and removes the IRR but whats the queens reg for it?!!
Thanks for all the replies looks like it depends on god er CSM!
It's on the paperwork that sometimes comes with it, as caring for your kit.

Although it is possible to get IRR washing powder from the QM's
 
#19
Creases can get to fuck. We only have to iron our shirts so they look half decent. Creases down combats? That's for cadets...
 
#20
DesktopCommando said:
SHRECK_666 said:
I had always ironed smock, shirt, trousers what I got tought from week 1 day 1 and always done same in TA just find it odd for getting bollocking for ironing kit!! You here talk about your not supossed to iron CS95 as it damages the fabric and removes the IRR but whats the queens reg for it?!!
Thanks for all the replies looks like it depends on god er CSM!
It's on the paperwork that sometimes comes with it, as caring for your kit.

Although it is possible to get IRR washing powder from the QM's
It's the optical brightening agents in most washing powders that destroy the IRR qualities. Ironing might produce a smoother, flatter, more reflective surface but I doubt it would persist for more than a few hours in the field. Ironing with starch would probably increase IR reflectance.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads