• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cream of the Corps?

Lings - Cream of the Corps?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The other day whilst listening to a rather boring chap drone on about the fantastic security job he was doing, I got to thinking. Would you not agree that lings really are the cream of the Corps?

Any monkey can be taught to shake a fence, fiddle with a padlock and even to attend mess doo's complete with all of the charisma of Roy Cropper but one must ask, how many of these monkeys could be trained as a ling? Not many I'd suggest. It goes without saying methinks, that of course a ling could be trained to do any of the above........

Another typical response from a LCpl who has just finished his language course and thinks he knows everything the Corps does.

Boring.

Anyone found to be voting on this poll will be shot for inciting hatred. !

Alfie_Boy said:
The other day whilst listening to a rather boring chap drone on about the fantastic security job he was doing, I got to thinking. Would you not agree that lings really are the cream of the Corps?

Any monkey can be taught to shake a fence, fiddle with a padlock and even to attend mess doo's complete with all of the charisma of Roy Cropper but one must ask, how many of these monkeys could be trained as a ling? Not many I'd suggest. It goes without saying methinks, that of course a ling could be trained to do any of the above........
... and I'd suggest that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

(from an ex Op Int & Sy who spoke 2 additional languages)

Davros_the_Dalek said:
Another typical response from a LCpl who has just finished his language course and thinks he knows everything the Corps does.
i'm guessing he isn't a lance jack. and i'm also guessing it's someone's Arrse alter-ego personality for winding people up :)

Alfie_Boy said:
blah blah... but one must ask, how many of these monkeys could be trained as a ling?
i would guess quite a lot. the question you should be asking yourself is: having passed the oh-so-difficult MLAT test, why did you not tick the "no thanks - I like having a room with a window" box (like so many op ints did) and go do an enjoyable job instead? ;)

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:
i'm guessing he isn't a lance jack. and i'm also guessing it's someone's Arrse alter-ego personality for winding people up :)
Well maybe not. But the post come across with the mentality of one.

Davros_the_Dalek said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:
I don't think he's an alter ego - a SSgt or Sgt transferee from the RMP who has recently completed his first language course and is possibly at 14 Sigs. Ring any bells?

Bonzo_Dog said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:
I don't think he's an alter ego - a SSgt or Sgt transferee from the RMP who has recently completed his first language course and is possibly at 14 Sigs. Ring any bells?

Well that narrows it down quite a bit. Why not post his initials in an effort to be even less discreet?

Fraser said:
Bonzo_Dog said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:

Well that narrows it down quite a bit. Why not post his initials in an effort to be even less discreet?
I have no idea who he is - I am retired and have very few connections in that world. All I did was scan through his last 10 posts - just like anyone with access to the internet is able to. I would suggest it someone other than me needs a lesson in being discrete. (I'm guessing you know who it is though ).

Bonzo_Dog said:
I have no idea who he is - I am retired and have very few connections in that world. All I did was scan through his last 10 posts - just like anyone with access to the internet is able to. I would suggest it someone other than me needs a lesson in being discrete. (I'm guessing you know who it is though ).
I am guessing that you weren't a darksider then? Otherwise you might have picked up on this post:

Alfie_Boy said:
...I was in Cyprus prior to attending the RSDCC and in NI prior to the RSSC...
I think I am correct in saying that RMP do not attend the Royal Signals Det Cmdrs' Course or the Royal Signals Sergeants' Course. :wink:

Fraser said:
Bonzo_Dog said:
I am guessing that you weren't a darksider then? Otherwise you might have picked up on this post:

Alfie_Boy said:
...I was in Cyprus prior to attending the RSDCC and in NI prior to the RSSC...
I think I am correct in saying that RMP do not attend the Royal Signals Det Cmdrs' Course or the Royal Signals Sergeants' Course. :wink:
I'm guessing that you never scanned through my posts further up the page:

Bonzo_Dog said:
Alfie_Boy said:

Also note one from Alfie on the RMP forum ref RMP promotion board results:

Just like to say congrats to those who remember me who came off the SSgt - WO2 board and commiserations to those who didn't.

Do we have a multiple personality here?

Bonzo_Dog said:
Alfie_Boy said:

Was there ever such a thing as an Op Int & Sy (L)? :?

Bonzo_Dog said:
Also note one from Alfie on the RMP forum ref RMP promotion board results:

Just like to say congrats to those who remember me who came off the SSgt - WO2 board and commiserations to those who didn't.

Do we have a multiple personality here?

I suspect you might be right. :wink:

No - I have never heard of an Op Int & Sy (L) but I do know of many Op Inter's who spoke additional languages. Usually, during the cold war days it was German, but I knew people who spoke Swahili, Russian, Polish, Arabic, French and Spanish.

i too scanned his previous posts. and it was the mixed nature of the RMP / Sigs posts, plus the random long gaps in between his few posts, which led me to conclude that it is somebody's "extra" account. and that they are more experienced than a lance jack, no matter what their real background.

so it is either someone who is completely genuine, went sigs after trying the monkeys (re-allocation during training?) and finally came across to us...

or it's someone trying for a bite. or both.

i'm going with b). ;)

Davros_the_Dalek said:

Alfie_Boy said:
blah blah... but one must ask, how many of these monkeys could be trained as a ling?
i would guess quite a lot. the question you should be asking yourself is: having passed the oh-so-difficult MLAT test, why did you not tick the "no thanks - I like having a room with a window" box (like so many op ints did) and go do an enjoyable job instead? ;)
:D Nice one mate. Identify an A% non-threat, then argue with it!

Anyone else smell spec-op?

Perevodchik said:
Davros_the_Dalek said:

Alfie_Boy said:
:D Nice one mate. Identify an A% non-threat, then argue with it!

Anyone else smell spec-op?
i wasn't arguing. i just couldn't miss an opportunity to revive the old dark side / light side slagging matches.

ahhhh nostalgia. they don't make it like they used to...

Alfie_Boy said:

Perhaps this transferee fuckwit should have paid more attention to the bloke talking about security before he posted on the internet. A ex monkey and an ex scaley, he's really scaling the heights of respected capbadges isn't he?

Latest Threads