CRB/MS Referral Posts

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by GreenSlime, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have an intranet link to D/DMCM/152/02 Dated 30 Mar 2007?
  2. No one eh? Oh well, I'll put in a SAR to Glasgow.

Having just been CRB'd my old conviction (police stopped me just after I'd picked up a lady of the night some years ago; declared at the time, no great dramas, had my vetting reviewed and renewed PV(S) the next year anyway) now apparently means I can no longer be employed by my Corps or in any CRB / MS Referral post.

Transfer paperwork is in but I don't see a long and bright future........

Neither I nor my unit can see what the drama is.

If they start getting rid of everyone with a record (and an Army Charge is a criminal offence don't forget) then the Army is going to get very small very quickly.
  3. Even if your offence is spent under the Rehabilation Offenders Act anything that you require a CRB for looks at all offencers spent or not.

A CRB check was designed to protect vulnerable people.
  4. I don't work with kids or vulnerable adults and REALLY resent the implication (not by you - by the MOD) that I'm some sort of dangerous pervert all of a sudden.
  5. Well presumably you would have been dangerous, had you got your lady of the night to that lay-by outside Ipswich?? :twisted:
  6. I wasn't even in the country at the time of the Ipswich thing! I've got witnesses!!